Best shin guards

maravillin

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
in your opinion what are the best shin guard. I've had these top kings for a while and I'm looking to put them to rest. I mean full sparring shins not the slip on or grappling ones

Top King and Twins are the best I've used. The Twins are better for pure protection, absolute tanks, but fit funny on my skinny legs and feel bulky. Top Kings are hard to beat, is there something specific about them you're looking to get away from for your next pair?

I haven't used Top King, but Twins for now are the best for me. They're light, the mass is smaller compared to others I've used, and the protection is great. Sometimes when getting checked or checking I feel the impact, with them I didn't feel anything at all.

Hey it's David here from Muay Thai Mall.

Personally I like Top King. I'm 5/11" and I like that they don't come up past my knee as I wear a size M (Top King recommend size L for my height) https://www.muaythaimall.com/shop/twins-special-shin-guards-classics-sgl-2-bk/

The other best Thai made brands of the market are Twins and Fairtex.

Twins still nake their original Model the SGL-2 but they are quite bulky (which some people like)

Twins also have the SGL-3 https://www.muaythaimall.com/wp-con...-special-shin-guards-black-sgl-3-sgs-3-ii.jpg) which were a more minimalistic model

but the SGL-3 are slowly being phased out because they kinda suck compared to their new SGL-10

The SGL-10 Model is quite similar to the Top King yet slightly more flexible. It is much more ergonomic than previous Twins models with more protection where required but without the bulk of the SGL-2.

We're yet to update muaythaimall.com or our new site https://wwwauthenticmuaythai.com with the SGL-10 but will in the very near future.

Here's a pic of the SGL10 (black size M vs SGL-3 size XL to give you an idea of the similarities and differences.S__1859638.jpg

amazing training shin guards i have used a couple other training shin guards never tried top kings or twins but love these

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 19
I really like the Top King ones! The only minus with them is that the part that covers feet has some left-right movement. It happened once that my foot peeked outside of the protection and I hit someone's knee. Otherwise they are awesome.

I use Top Kings. They are way better IMO than the Fairtex ones, with a lot more padding but not as fat as the old school Twins. Haven't tried Windys yet.

Cons - (1) I'll agree with cakemuncher on the foot covers, they are a bit stubby and don't quite follow your foot as well. (2) The white paint is cracking all over the place given that they are reasonably new.

I'd love to get some shin guards that were in chromexcel or dyed leather, no lacquer paint. Hell, I'd like a full set of gear like that.

I'll have to check out the Twins SQL-10.

Venum elite, only 9 ounces each, great movement and protection. I have a boxing background, so I prefer the light shin guards to allow for easier footwork

i used top king .im using venum fusion even my top king very good condition it is similiar elite shin guard im very happy overall you should try it

i used top king .im using venum fusion even my top king very good condition it is similiar elite shin guard im very happy overall you should try it
So if you were to get one which one would you get?

depends on your style if you want to hit strong kick go top king if you want to speed kick go venum.top king is leather venum is not leather never slips dutch drills 90670B55-836D-4982-8FED-0A75CF582AAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back