Multiplatform Best videogames made by one developer.

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
  1. Minecraft (2009)
  2. Undertale (2015)
  3. Tetris (1984)
  4. Papers, Please (2013)
  5. Stardew Valley (2016)
  6. Braid (2008)
  7. RollerCoaster Tycoon (1999)

I really want to cheat and include FTL because it was technically one developer and one dude doing the soundtrack.

I really want to cheat and include FTL because it was technically one developer and one dude doing the soundtrack.

I bought FTL, played it for like 20 minutes, hated it, then never went back.

Same here for Crimzon Clover. Great game with a large cult following, but a second person worked on the music.

Perhaps with less focus on its greatness as a game, but easily one of the most impressive technical achievements in videogame history. It's considered one of the greatest graphical games of this generation so far-- a veritable demo for a slew of the latest technologies on Unreal Engine 4 including usage of the DX12 API, FSR 2.0 & DLSS 2.0 support, ray-tracing (global illumination, caustics, shadows, screen space reflections, ambient occlusion), particle lighting & chromatic aberration adjustment, and even NVIDIA reflex.

It's mind-boggling that just one guy built nearly the entire game by himself.

"Stardew Valley" for me personally.

Not much can touch the impact of "Minecraft" though. It's crazy at what a monster that became and still is. I suppose "Tetris" is up there, too.

Wasn't Axiom Verge made by one guy?

The first thing that comes to mind is Cave Story. It's really tough to find games with only a single person responsible for the whole shebang. Seems like there are quite a few with one person doing the coding and graphics and another person doing the music. Fight N Rage is phenomenal for that category.

Back