Beterbiev vs Bivol June 1st in Saudi ESPN+**** Postponed ***

Who wins ?

• Total voters
Both dudes are criminally underrated around here.

However, I think Bivol is frequently downplayed a lot more.
I dont know what's going to happen but I would not be shocked if he outpointed Biev & avoided getting stopped.

I would be a bit more surprised if Bivol was just another scalp that got demolished & crumbled by Beterbiev. That would be terrifyingly impressive.

Benavidez is the only dude who would have chance, but he's going to just chase Canelo. Which I get....but dam

Maybe Morrell will go up or something since he won't get a Canelo or Benavidez fight..... That could be interesting too
i think benavidez gets run over by both, to be honest. bivol boxes his ears off and beterbiev just batters him, like everyone else. maybe benavidez can match him on the inside, but artur is levels above him as far as boxing goes.

i chose bivol in this fight simply because beterbiev will be turning 39 in a few days. as terrifying as he is, his time is running out. if the man was 30, i would confidently bet any amount of money on him vs anyone currently fighting at 175. that motherfucker is a wrecking ball, and it doesn't seem to matter how good or how powerful his opposition is.

gvozdyk was a monstrous puncher and a superb boxer, and he eventually got broken down. joe smith was a hard-nosed fighter who could tough it out, and he just got owned. yarde was as big and powerful as you can get in the divison, and he got destroyed. callum was a big, durable LHW with good fundamentals and respectable power, and he simply couldn't last.

beterbiev just beats the life out of people. he's frightening.

i think benavidez gets run over by both, to be honest. bivol boxes his ears off and beterbiev just batters him, like everyone else. maybe benavidez can match him on the inside, but artur is levels above him as far as boxing goes.

i chose bivol in this fight simply because beterbiev will be turning 39 in a few days. as terrifying as he is, his time is running out. if the man was 30, i would confidently bet any amount of money on him vs anyone currently fighting at 175. that motherfucker is a wrecking ball, and it doesn't seem to matter how good or how powerful his opposition is.

gvozdyk was a monstrous puncher and a superb boxer, and he eventually got broken down. joe smith was a hard-nosed fighter who could tough it out, and he just got owned. yarde was as big and powerful as you can get in the divison, and he got destroyed. callum was a big, durable LHW with good fundamentals and respectable power, and he simply couldn't last.

beterbiev just beats the life out of people. he's frightening.
Curious how you think he stacks up in the all-time list?

How do you think he does against prime RJJ, Michael Spinks, Hopkins?

I honestly thought Gvozdyk was the special fighter in the division and Betwrbiev ruined him. It really shows me the greatness of Usyk who I think should honestly be in the top 10 of all time when he beats Fury.

I honestly thought Gvozdyk was the special fighter in the division and Betwrbiev ruined him. It really shows me the greatness of Usyk who I think should honestly be in the top 10 of all time when he beats Fury.

i think prime RJJ beats him. but i can't think of anyone in the history who a prime RJJ doesn't beat, around that weight. roy's speed and power was something else. maybe even more so below 175, but even at LHW he looked out of this world.

i honestly haven't watched enough film on spinks to make an educated guess.

this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but i think beterbiev beats hopkins. just too physically imposing at 175.

that's the thing, i still think gvozdyk was special. he was just unfortunate to fight in the same era as beterbiev, and too tough for his own good in their fight.

Artur will beat Bivol. I don't think Bivol has the power to get Artur's respect and he will get clipped at some point. Even if Bivol is somehow able to box the perfect fight for 12 rounds he'll still get dropped at least once and he will lose some rounds in-between. Artur doesn't necessarily even have to stop him to win the fight. Bivol can only win by decision.

Eddie Hearn is now insinuating that Artur is on PEDs. Seems like a thinly veiled allegation. He should tread lightly due to possible legal ramifications. While he hasn't crossed that threshold yet he's toeing the line.

I was actually thinking while watching Artur fight a similar question. I was contemplating whether Artur was the best LHW since Archie Moore.

He's freakishly good, definitely a real deal P4P type of guy. Only problem is his sample size is still so low. He really needs the Bivol fight for us to gauge how he does against super-elite fighters.

I think he is up there with RJJ. Maybe Jones speed puts him a smidge above, but Artur is so technical and strategical; I feel like he has another gear too if he ever gets truly tested.

Eddie Hearn is now insinuating that Artur is on PEDs. Seems like a thinly veiled allegation. He should tread lightly due to possible legal ramifications. While he hasn't crossed that threshold yet he's toeing the line.

didn't watch the whole thing, but the part you timestamped doesn't really sound like an allegation at all to me. he's just praising beterbiev much like we are.

because artur really doesn't seem normal, and it does seem like he has an unfair advantage. dude is built like a brick wall and is routinely clubbing world class fighters into submission.

didn't watch the whole thing, but the part you timestamped doesn't really sound like an allegation at all to me. he's just praising beterbiev much like we are.

because artur really doesn't seem normal, and it does seem like he has an unfair advantage. dude is built like a brick wall and is routinely clubbing world class fighters into submission.
Days ago Hearn was acting all concerned about Artur's atypical findings in that one drug test despite it not being a failed test. Like he had been left in the dark (VADA sent him letters to notify all parties involved, they were posted publicly online). So, there's precedent here with Hearn. It's pretty clear that he's insinuating that Artur is likely on PEDs. In the video Hearn was detailing all of this otherworldly stuff that Artur is able to do in there and stating that it makes for an "unfair advantage." The only way to get an unfair advantage… is to cheat.

I was actually thinking while watching Artur fight a similar question. I was contemplating whether Artur was the best LHW since Archie Moore.

He's freakishly good, definitely a real deal P4P type of guy. Only problem is his sample size is still so low. He really needs the Bivol fight for us to gauge how he does against super-elite fighters.

I think he is up there with RJJ. Maybe Jones speed puts him a smidge above, but Artur is so technical and strategical; I feel like he has another gear too if he ever gets truly tested.
He does need the Bivol fight but the same is largely true the other way around. Bivol's best win is over a blown up middleweight no matter how skilled Canelo is. Even though I think Artur beats him, because he's a freak, I consider Bivol to be the best pure boxer around. He's so sound fundamentally and defensively he's excellent. There are other highly talented pure boxers like Stevenson & Haney but they lean more on their athleticism, such as speed and reflexes, than their fundamentals compared to Bivol.

I think Artur has at least another gear he can kick into should the need arise. However, I also think Bivol does. He beat Canelo without having to leave 2nd gear.

he beat up smith who went life and death with ryder, save the best ever talk for the bivol fight
Smith is a good fighter still. He struggled with Ryder because Smith isn't a best in the world type of fighter.

It's not really possible to dismantle Smith like Artur did without being elite.

I may be mistaken but I feel like Biev is more dangerous now than 5 fights ago. I think he does look a little older but he has improved technically it seems.

I still have Bivol outpointing him.

Biev is a monster. Bivol is very clinical and never reckless.

it's a super fight but I'd be lying if it was both in their prime. Biev should have been placed here 5 years ago. It's a shame when you're not marketable in boxing, you have to go very far out of your weigh to get the fame but more importantly, find worthy opponents who are equally a name.

I'd wager Biev can still win this fight. I hope he does.

Say what you want about the Saudis - but they’re making things happen!
Bruh, i’m glad some of these arab oil princes are fight fans. This Turki guy is making super fights happen sooner than they would have otherwise. Promoters are no longer afraid of cooperating with the risk of losing too much due to the other promoters cut.

For example: If Shiekh Tahnoun wasnt a bjj fan, we would never have ADCC and Gordon Ryan would have never reached mainstream. To compete in IBJJF, you lose money only. The top guys would have to teach seminars or run gyms to gain money.

another example is Yasmin Island’s fight island wouldnt have existed either, only reason ufc was the first sport org bk in the game was cause that one dubai prince wanting to watch more mma during the panademic. This the Apex was born.

I dont follow any other sports but i heard they are spending some Nasa level cash loads on soccer players.

Back