BGV9 12vs14 vs16

SMSLY

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sorry to bore everybody with an uninspiring thread.

My 16oz BGV9s are coming into the autumn of their lifespan now and I will have no hesitation buying them again. I mistakenly bought them in 16oz for various reasons I won't go into so I wanna go down a size (or two) this time. Unfortunately I can't just go to a store nearby and try them on. I'll be ordering them from Thailand direct.

Has anybody tried more than one size of BGV9? If so, can you tell me if/how much difference there is between them (in terms of padding, hand compartment, wrist length etc).

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I've tried 12 and 16oz. 12oz were a great pair of gloves, not much difference to the 16oz other than slightly less padding. They're just as durable, the wrist length is a bit shorter, but the wrist support remains the same. I've never tried the 14oz but I imagine they'd be quite similar.

I've tried 12 and 16oz. 12oz were a great pair of gloves, not much difference to the 16oz other than slightly less padding. They're just as durable, the wrist length is a bit shorter, but the wrist support remains the same. I've never tried the 14oz but I imagine they'd be quite similar.

That's good to know as I don't want there to be much less padding. However, I was kinda hoping there is a significant compartment size difference because my hands swim around a bit in the 16s. Is that not the case?

Cheers mate

They have a tighter compartment than the 16oz. any 12oz glove generally will, you can also pad out the glove a bit with winning ng2 guards or radius wraps.

They have a tighter compartment than the 16oz. any 12oz glove generally will, you can also pad out the glove a bit with winning ng2 guards or radius wraps.

Sounds like there isn't too much difference so I'd better go for the 12s over the 14s I guess. Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

Now my only problem is the colourway :D

Sorry to bore everybody with an uninspiring thread.

My 16oz BGV9s are coming into the autumn of their lifespan now and I will have no hesitation buying them again. I mistakenly bought them in 16oz for various reasons I won't go into so I wanna go down a size (or two) this time. Unfortunately I can't just go to a store nearby and try them on. I'll be ordering them from Thailand direct.

Has anybody tried more than one size of BGV9? If so, can you tell me if/how much difference there is between them (in terms of padding, hand compartment, wrist length etc).

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

The 14 oz are pretty narrow. I don't have 12 oz but I dont see how a nornal sized man could fit in those with wraps based on the snugness of the 14 oz laceups I own. Have 16 oz version as well.

The 14 oz are pretty narrow. I don't have 12 oz but I dont see how a nornal sized man could fit in those with wraps based on the snugness of the 14 oz laceups I own. Have 16 oz version as well.

Thanks for that mate!

So you're saying the compartment size changes a lot between 14 and 16oz lace ups then

Thanks for that mate!

So you're saying the compartment size changes a lot between 14 and 16oz lace ups then

Yes. I actually really like the 14oz laceup version but they were real snug at first and took awhile to "break in" which is normal for most latex padded gloves.

They are real nice now. But still can't fit with much of a knuckle pad under the wrap. I just use a basic wrap with a thin gauze layer for a pro style tape and gauze wrap. Or just 180" elastic wraps with no extra pad underneath.

16 oz is obviously more roomy but I dont use those as much because they are velcro. I dont use any of the few velcro gloves I have that much.

<{titihmm}>.

Back