Economy Biden bans importation of Russian ammo

It's time for the war dogs to get back in business!
maxresdefault.jpg

Certainly glad I didn't buy that AK I was eyeballing a few months ago..

However I wish I had bought multiple cases of 7.62x39 I seen on the shelf a couple weeks ago and made some money. Definitely would've been a dick move though

If you own an AK, your ammo cost has just skyrocketed. A high percentage of 7.62x39 steel case ammo is imported from Russia.

If you own an AK, your ammo cost has just skyrocketed. A high percentage of 7.62x39 steel case ammo is imported from Russia.
I'm trying to think of steel case 7.62x39 or 5.45 that isn't imported from Russia. Wolf, Brown Bear, and Tula all are.

Sounds like an infringement on the people's ability to keep and bear arms.

That said, this is an opportunity for other countries to ramp up production and claim some market share.

Its not that great of an opportunity. Its hard to want to invest millions into ammo production when the regulatory landscape can shift so wildly at a moments notice.

That said, this is an opportunity for other countries to ramp up production and claim some market share.
What is stopping American manufacturers from doing this? Cost?

Its not that great of an opportunity. Its hard to want to invest millions into ammo production when the regulatory landscape can shift so wildly at a moments notice.
Hmm, kind of answers the question I just asked.

Yeah. Tons of regulatory hoops, and when you finally spend years sitting up your factory and getting running, either De Santis wins presidency and allows the imports again, cutting your market share down, or Biden wins reelection and just bans AKs outright.

Sure, there's uncertainty. Yes, lots of places make ammo and growing one's business always comes with risks.

In 12 months when the order is up for renewal there's the slim chance Biden rescinds it. Then it's back to competing with cheap imports.

Yeah. Tons of regulatory hoops, and when you finally spend years sitting up your factory and getting running, either De Santis wins presidency and allows the imports again, cutting your market share down, or Biden wins reelection and just bans AKs outright.
you dont even live here yet every day you act like "your country" is under attack

<Dany07>

Wait arent you America first? Do you need to buy foreign ammo now?
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20210822/biden-administration-bans-importation-of-russian-ammunition

Russian ammo is a pretty sizable portion of the US supply. US is already suffering a massive ammo shortage, and now General Joe has gone and made it a hell of a lot worse.

Russians make 9mm, .22 lr, 12 gauge, .223 and 30-06 and 357? And 45 acp? I feel and swear those are most common in the US. I know a lot of russian side arms use 9mm but there rifles arent 223 chambered

Certainly glad I didn't buy that AK I was eyeballing a few months ago..

However I wish I had bought multiple cases of 7.62x39 I seen on the shelf a couple weeks ago and made some money. Definitely would've been a dick move though

You should of bought the AK during the Trump years and have bought 10,000 rounds of ammo for it. I swear that is what all the huge gun guys do

Back