Economy Biden bans importation of Russian ammo

Anyone crying about not having ammo or mags has had their head up their ass for years.

To be American, BUY American! :)

Sounds like a business opportunity.

More to the point - Since we were already heavily restricting Russian firearms and no one was losing their shit over it, I'm not going to see the extension to ammunition as some significant escalation in foreign policy.

Smart move; when Putin's stormtroopers drop in to school playgrounds across the USA (any day now!) and empty their mags into the buildings, they won't be able to stock up at the local WalMart™, quickly leaving them out of ammo and Putin's plans in ruins.

FlusteredThatHousefly-max-1mb.gif

More to the point - Since we were already heavily restricting Russian firearms and no one was losing their shit over it, I'm not going to see the extension to ammunition as some significant escalation in foreign policy.

<BidenShutIt>

another panamaican post re: guns.

another clueless post. (still waiting for that response/citation/fictional law or whatever from the last thread [gun in glove compartment, your claim that every gun is registered/etc]. notice, i did not hold my breath for that)

many lost their shit already. and like i mentioned, cheapo POS WASRs ballooned to $1k based solely on this (the flipside of people losing their shit over it).

i never saw prvi steel cased 7.62x39... just brass.

Red Army Standard sources from Russia, but also Ukraine, Poland, Romania, and Bosnia.

:rolleyes:

7.62x39 is a very popular caliber and this puts a serious dent in the supply. Plenty of people are very unhappy about this. And it's not a foreign policy move, it's a move to put a foot up the ass of gun owners here in the US.

<Huh2>

Plenty of gun owners are irritated about this . . . in addition to the increased costs of imported Russian firearms . . . all this does it put another huge dent in the ammo supply chain that's barely keeping up with demand as it is now.

You can always join the taliban, and Biden will buy you all the guns and ammo you need and throw in some humvees and black hawk helicopters.

Sounds like an infringement on the people's ability to keep and bear arms.

That said, this is an opportunity for other countries to ramp up production and claim some market share.

I am certainly no expert on the 2nd Amendment, so could you explain to me how it affirms a right to access foreign-made ammunition?

Legit question...I'm curious about to the extent to which the right to bear arms requires the state to facilitate access (or at least not hinder it). Do you think banning Russian ammo would be struck down in court as unconstitutional?

I am certainly no expert on the 2nd Amendment, so could you explain to me how it affirms a right to access foreign-made ammunition?

Legit question...I'm curious about to the extent to which the right to bear arms requires the state to facilitate access (or at least not hinder it). Do you think banning Russian ammo would be struck down in court as unconstitutional?

...wow.

for starters, you kinda answered it, yourself by mentioning hindering. "shall not be infringed" is kinda clear.

and lolz since the colonies/usa were initially somewhat dependent upon foreign weapons/ammo... so...

but the current court would be unlikely to strike this... because they're unlikely to hear it. shit's been weird since heller/macdonald in this regard.

Ammunition is as much of a right as the firearm. It's like banning arrows but you can have bows.

Picking and choosing the sources of the ammo, in such a way that it severely curtails the supply, is most certainly infringing upon the exercising of the right to keep and bear arms.

The feds can enforce trade, but civil liberties should trump the commerce clause. You wouldn't agree that all books, news, or opinions from foreign countries could rightfully be banned, would you?

As for what happens in the courts, there's a long history of them letting the 2nd Amendment be infringed upon. Only recently has SCOTUS started to draw lines as to what's not allowable. Personally I think banning Russian ammo is clearly a violation since it prevents people from regularly practicing their skills and it's going to make zero difference in terms of foreign policy/Russian compliance. It serves no compelling interest to justify the obvious harm to the 2A practitioners.

...wow.

for starters, you kinda answered it, yourself by mentioning hindering. "shall not be infringed" is kinda clear.

and lolz since the colonies/usa were initially somewhat dependent upon foreign weapons/ammo... so...

but the current court would be unlikely to strike this... because they're unlikely to hear it. shit's been weird since heller/macdonald in this regard.

Why "wow" when I specifically said that I'm not an expert on this? And no, it is not kinda clear.

Banning the import of foreign ammunition does not seem to automatically entail "infringing" upon a right to bear arms. You do not have a constitutional right to access ammo imported from Russia do you? Is there not a difference between not infringing upon access to something and being required to actively facilitate access to that thing from foreign sources?

You have constitutional mobility rights...i.e., you can essentially travel to or live wherever you want in the U.S., correct? Does it follow that the gov't is required to actively facilitate your ability to do so or merely not infringe upon it?

Why "wow" when I specifically said that I'm not an expert on this? And no, it is not kinda clear.

lolz.

Banning the import of foreign ammunition does not seem to automatically entail "infringing" upon a right to bear arms.

yeah, unloaded guns are real useful. /s

You do not have a constitutional right to access ammo imported from Russia do you?

...are you retarded? yes, actually. derp. holy shit, man. lolz @ starting this whining about the "wow" and then proving why i said it with this doubling-down of willful ignorance/idiocy (pick your poison, same shit).

Is there not a difference between not infringing upon access to something and being required to actively facilitate access to that thing from foreign sources?

You have constitutional mobility rights...i.e., you can essentially travel to or live wherever you want in the U.S., correct? Does it follow that the gov't is required to actively facilitate your ability to do so or merely not infringe upon it?

...you ask, as you defend an infringement upon it, rendering your own question moot/retarded/self-answered. holy shit, man. derp less.

ffs, how do you think the usa fought for independence? you think we didn't use foreign arms/ammo? what an idiot.

the biggest irony is that if we follow your logic trail, EVERYTHING can be banned because we're not stopped from literally manufacturing it, individually, ourselves... which adds so much fucking irony given the p80 situation. lolz @ dumbass paradox.

Ammunition is as much of a right as the firearm. It's like banning arrows but you can have bows.

Picking and choosing the sources of the ammo, in such a way that it severely curtails the supply, is most certainly infringing upon the exercising of the right to keep and bear arms.

The feds can enforce trade, but civil liberties should trump the commerce clause. You wouldn't agree that all books, news, or opinions from foreign countries could rightfully be banned, would you?

As for what happens in the courts, there's a long history of them letting the 2nd Amendment be infringed upon. Only recently has SCOTUS started to draw lines as to what's not allowable. Personally I think banning Russian ammo is clearly a violation since it prevents people from regularly practicing their skills and it's going to make zero difference in terms of foreign policy/Russian compliance. It serves no compelling interest to justify the obvious harm to the 2A practitioners.

This is what I'm getting at...the extent to which banning Russian ammo is curbing the constitutional right or not.

Presumably, it could be challenged as an infringement if Russian ammo were the sole source of ammunition available to Americans AND there was something inhibiting domestic production and sales. Further, I wonder if it is the case that Americans are entitled to 'cheap ammo'...i.e., could it be that so long as domestic production/sales is not banned or unjustly regulated so as to make it de facto unobtainable, then it seems like it could be steep hill to climb to have the ban declared unconstitutional?

I would be curious to see a court challenge on the basis of your personal interpretation of the constitutional right as encompassing the ability to 'practice one's skills', for example...or my wondering about the degree to which 'cheap, ready access' is required as part of that constitutional right.

lolz.

yeah, unloaded guns are real useful. /s

...are you retarded? yes, actually. derp. holy shit, man. lolz @ starting this whining about the "wow" and then proving why i said it with this doubling-down of willful ignorance/idiocy (pick your poison, same shit).

...you ask, as you defend an infringement upon it, rendering your own question moot/retarded/self-answered. holy shit, man. derp less.

ffs, how do you think the usa fought for independence? you think we didn't use foreign arms/ammo? what an idiot.

the biggest irony is that if we follow your logic trail, EVERYTHING can be banned because we're not stopped from literally manufacturing it, individually, ourselves... which adds so much fucking irony given the p80 situation. lolz @ dumbass paradox.

Why are you being such a douche about it? "are you retarded"..."derp"...'what an idiot'...dumbass paradox'? Are you that immature that you can't engage in a discussion without repeated name calling? Was I even remotely so disrespectful in the way I framed my posts?

Maybe take a look at the way @Cubo de Sangre is responding and learn something about how to discuss things like a mature adult...

Why are you being such a douche about it? "are you retarded"..."derp"...'what an idiot'...dumbass paradox'? Are you that immature that you can't engage in a discussion without repeated name calling? Was I even remotely so disrespectful in the way I framed my posts?

Maybe take a look at the way @Cubo de Sangre is responding and learn something about how to discuss things like a mature adult...

...you asked realllllly stupid questions (that literally contained the answers) and dumber, tried to ask loaded questions in some bullshit gotcha attempt.

it failed. now you're just whining. tell me more about maturity.

you asked. i actually answered (this is the best part, i didn't owe you shit and i answered anyway) - and now you're just butthurt.

...you asked realllllly stupid questions (that literally contained the answers) and dumber, tried to ask loaded questions in some bullshit gotcha attempt.

it failed. now you're just whining. tell me more about maturity.

you asked. i actually answered (this is the best part, i didn't owe you shit and i answered anyway) - and now you're just butthurt.

You're embarrassing in the way you responded...maybe just leave such discussions that concern context, nuance, etc. to the adults who are capable of engaging at a less superficial level than you seem to be.

America First!

Except for the stuff I like to buy plz.

Back