Law Biden Pardons All Federal Offenses For Marijuana Possession

This is a great move for America and a savvy political one. OPEC announced yesterday that they were going to cut production by 2M barrels of oil per day. That will in turn jack up gas prices just in time for the midterm elections.

The U.S. will work behind the scenes with Saudi Arabia (no more military support) to get those prices down. After the craptacular display of Russian weapons in Ukraine, NO ONE is going to buying from them anytime soon unless they want to get their ISH pushed in.

Pres. Biden just offered the U.S. a choice. Get in and get rid of idiotic war on Cannabis or go with the low-hanging fruit of "OMG Gas is high now!"

The Marijuana issue has the potential drive younger voters to the polls in DROVES and to vote for changing the Cannabis laws.

Did the performance of Russian ordinance speak to quality or age?

You people have a fucked up judicial system. Presidential pardons, and what that entails for those pardoned, should not be possible. If you were wrongfully convicted of something, fine. That should obviously not be on any permanent record. But the people convicted of possession were guilty. It is unfathomable how anyone can support this.
It's pretty easy to understand how people can support this. Something is a crime. People feel that it should not have been a crime. Being convicted of that crime has lifelong implications after serving their time. Erasing the conviction frees people of the post-jail detriments. This matches what people would have preferred from the beginning.

What's unfathomable is how people who are not affected by the pardon or by the original convictions could have anything against people being granted a better opportunity to have a post-jail life.

Don't think he changed the legislation. In fact, I don't it's in his power to do that. It's a separations of powers thing. Legislative Branch makes the laws, the Executive Branch enforces it.

All he did was pardon a shit ton of immates. Which is great for them... but don't think this is anything but a cheap attempt at an October surprise. He could have done this anytime in the last 20 months.

But remember in left world, the one way street rule applies where nothing matters other than the latest shiny object they dangle in front of their brainwashed base.

^ I see a lot of arguments for decriminalizing possession of marijuana in your post. I see zero arguments for pardoning someone convicted of what is currently a crime. Did my point completely fly over your head?

the exploding prison population and the ridiculous cost to tax payers to support it is one glaring reason to not continue to jail civilIans for past minor offenses.

Yep pathetic like the lies in this thread

omg politicians feeling compelled to act in the wishes of their constitutes or suffer the consequences and lose the role.

it’s almost like exactly what voting was designed for. What part of this is triggering to you?

Even still, this is an important first step towards defanging the culture of ignorance and intolerance that causes some to treat weed like it's fentanyl. I always thought it was retarded and borderline evil to go after potheads during an opioid epidemic.

I wonder what police officers and union leaders are sayin about this.
Just across the border I routinely smoke pot with multiple cops. States are insane and backwards

omg politicians feeling compelled to act in the wishes of their constitutes or suffer the consequences and lose the role.

it’s almost like exactly what voting was designed for. What part of this is triggering to you?
Integrity would be nice to see I know you are a huge fan of the current political climate. I would like to see better. Do things when you can for right reasons

Integrity would be nice to see I know you are a huge fan of the current political climate. I would like to see better. Do things when you can for right reasons

this is the right thing to do and they did it. Are you claiming this needed to be the top of priorities when it comes to passing bills and they should have had this as the first thing on their docket when Biden took office?

where is the lack of integrity? You’re being vague.

Well, I'm from EU ....
Okey....
How much cost for our taxpayers had small bullshit, like if you have 1 joint in the pocket.....criminal court!

And imagine difference: some countries does have criminal laws like such stuff:
If you are junkie and are delivered in ICU where very huge expenses had been spent on such junkie....from taxpayers pockets ..
And this heroine, meth, PCP addict DID NOT had anything with him ....cos all drugs had been consumed?
Might waste xxxxx $ or EUR from taxpayers pockets cos ICU!
AND...
There will not be criminal court....
Cos usage =! possession....

Second variant: some random guy had joint in pocket....
Outcome: criminal court!
With all shit with possible xx appeals etc....
Maybe it will be 1 month, maybe 5 years till end of the game.
On taxpayers expenses.....for trials! alone....

It's actually easier to read your posts when I'm high.
Maybe.
Reality in my area is this [ de facto ] stuff:
1. we are provoding emergency heahthcare for free.....
2.this means that you will get ICU for free.
Doesn't matter will this be cos meth, hero , weed, etc or no.
3. usage of any drugs isn't criminalised....
4. Posession IS criminal stuff. Sale ofc too.....

___

So what you might get if cops will catch you with weed joint?
1. They might bring you to hospital to take blood samples in order to determine are you drunk or no...and ofc to test for substances....
Paid by taxpayers....btw...
2. All substances you had in pockets will be tested in lab....again on our neck....

3. If prosecutor in duty will start investigation case.....
Then judge in duty will held short court session in order to determine: might you go home till trial or NO.
It is done during 2-3 days after cops had taken you IF criminal case is started..
Then if they will lock you in prison until court, you might appeal etc.
Judges usually in first session are locking ppl for 1-2 months in prison. If decided that until court you need to be kept in prison....
Then next "fun " might be started: you might appeal and so on....
Then after this term anyway next court session will be done.

If court, then here are most likely 3+1 instances in ascending hierarchy + appeals opportunities....
Might go till senate .....
_
This might happen for example if they will catch you with some joints.
___
While if you had just used and get in ICU, empty pockets .....
We just will pay for healthcare....
1k $ or 50k$.....
U are alive ?
Cool, walk away....

Some $ we might collect and still it will be piece of cake if compare with real expenses....

Sorry....I had quoted text and posted reply....
And it does looks like I had just quoted text.....
IRL I had quoted text and posted reply text below this....

Most likely it happened cos I had disabled JS and some other stuff in browser settings.

Is this the standard in the majority of EU countries ?

^ I see a lot of arguments for decriminalizing possession of marijuana in your post. I see zero arguments for pardoning someone convicted of what is currently a crime. Did my point completely fly over your head?

Did you miss the failure of rehabilitation, the prison overpopulation and the shift in opinion of the majority? That's three arguments for pardoning those currently convicted.

Unfortunately, I’m not wrong.

Millions of young, developing children are going to be negatively affected by this. You don’t have to be Nostradamus to see this.
You're very wrong and being laughed at.

Translation: Hypocritical turds don't give a flying fuck about personal freedom because we are right wing authoritarian assholes

This is a great move for America and a savvy political one. OPEC announced yesterday that they were going to cut production by 2M barrels of oil per day. That will in turn jack up gas prices just in time for the midterm elections.

The U.S. will work behind the scenes with Saudi Arabia (no more military support) to get those prices down. After the craptacular display of Russian weapons in Ukraine, NO ONE is going to buying from them anytime soon unless they want to get their ISH pushed in.

Pres. Biden just offered the U.S. a choice. Get in and get rid of idiotic war on Cannabis or go with the low-hanging fruit of "OMG Gas is high now!"

The Marijuana issue has the potential drive younger voters to the polls in DROVES and to vote for changing the Cannabis laws.

Really, it’s the best card to play for mid terms. Im impressed

Back