Law Biden revokes Trump order to punish statue vandals

Good, it's not the federal government's place to punish vandalism--federal law enforcement should only ever be used when crimes cross state lines or it's requested by the state.

This is what the Democrat Party wants and they don't want the vandalism to be punished.

This is Marxism.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

If you guys keep using the word marxism where it doesnt fit it will lose any meaning whatsoever.

At this point its only good for a pathetic laugh.

Your freaking side of the far far leftist are the one who doesn't seem to give a crap about history and they want to erase it. Renaming to make sure the offended generation doesn't get offended by even seeing the name of those in the schools or godforbid they see names of those who fought in the American civil war on the streets.

Let me guess they will march up to the city hall to DEMANDING it to rename the city's street because they got offended by the names.

By the way if you didn't see with that one i was being sarcastic about it.

How ironic no one give a crap about the American civil war or what happened etc during the 90s and early 2000s till the freaking twitter came along into existence.

By my side do you mean liberals? And are you dismissing the majority of the western world because of what the extremists think?

With all due respect, giving a bad example isn't sarcastic, it's just a bad example. You gave it because that's the example Trump, Carlson and Shapiro used and you couldn't be bothered to find the obvious, far superior example of someone who is respected but had the blood of slaves on his hands.

Streets shouldn't be named after traitors.

You may not have cared about history before Twitter (or after), but many of us did (and do). This has always been an issue and it has always bothered people. Black soldiers have always trained at a base named after a man who fought to keep them enslaved, and they have never liked it. Twitter only served to let the world know how many felt this way.

Refusing to honor men who shouldn't be honored isn't erasing history, it's doing the right thing.

Sounds like he reversed what was mostly just empty conservative virtue signaling.

Vandalism is already a crime. Immigration and social media laws weren't going to fly in court. Branding foreign aid with anything more than a made in USA sticker is such a pointless gaudy Trump type of thing to do. I bet he wanted his face on bags of rice or something lol. A sculpture? Pfft who cares?

So Removing historical statues of the civil war losers are KKK now? and renaming city streets or schools to make sure they fit in with the current year of "Politics" is not erasing history?

Why are there statues of a communist Stalin in NYC? or Berlin for that matter. So why not topple the Soviet dictator statues then? the same dictator which have killed millions as well?
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-11500-0497%2C_Berlin%2C_Karl-Marx-Allee%2C_Denkmal_Stalin.jpg

lenin_return_1_wm_620x465.0.jpg

Here's an answer to your question and a discussion of morality and double standards.

You should probably check it out.

With Statues Toppling, is there a Double Standard over the Lower East Side Lenin?

By my side do you mean liberals? And are you dismissing the majority of the western world because of what the extremists think?

With all due respect, giving a bad example isn't sarcastic, it's just a bad example. You gave it because that's the example Trump, Carlson and Shapiro used and you couldn't be bothered to find the obvious, far superior example of someone who is respected but had the blood of slaves on his hands.

Streets shouldn't be named after traitors.

You may not have cared about history before Twitter (or after), but many of us did (and do). This has always been an issue and it has always bothered people. Black soldiers have always trained at a base named after a man who fought to keep them enslaved, and they have never liked it. Twitter only served to let the world know how many felt this way.

Refusing to honor men who shouldn't be honored isn't erasing history, it's doing the right thing.
I don't care myself, but the topic is more complex than, "dey fauegt FaR sLavry's, theYs are BAd"

Things like personal liberty weren't even universal concepts at that time. At the founding of the our nation, some of the founders didn't even believe non property owners should have voting rights.

Of course some people thought they could enslave others, most people hadn't escaped the mindsets of the dark ages at that time.

Some of the slave owners arguments even referenced Sparta and helots (the Spartan slave class), asking the north how they intended to build an empire without slaves.

We know it's fucked up now, but you can't just throw a "that's pure evil! label" on everything you dislike to explain the fucked up stuff people used to do. That's lazy af.

I don't care myself, but the topic is more complex than, "dey fauegt FaR sLavry's, theYs are BAd"

Things like personal liberty weren't even universal concepts at that time. At the founding of the our nation, some of the founders didn't even believe non property owners should have voting rights.

Of course some people thought they could enslave others, most people hadn't escaped the mindsets of the dark ages at that time.

Some of the slave owners arguments even referenced Sparta and helots (the Spartan slave class), asking the north how they intended to build an empire without slaves.

We know it's fucked up now, but you can't just throw a "that's pure evil! label" on everything you dislike to explain the fucked up stuff people used to do. That's lazy af.

Of course it is, and that's not what I'm doing. Complexity works in the other direction as well with this issue if you consider the motivation for these statues in the first place.

Of course it is, and that's not what I'm doing. Complexity works in the other direction as well with this issue if you consider the motivation for these statues in the first place.
Of course, and I don't even agree with the current monuments. Obviously times have changed and I can appreciate that entire segments of our society would be offended by them.

The argument is of course where does the removal of these kind of things end? Our founding document guarantees the pursuit of life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and of property. Which of course included human property.

Should that be taken out as well?

Of course, and I don't even agree with the current monuments. Obviously times have changed and I can appreciate that entire segments of our society would be offended by them.

The argument is of course where does the removal of these kind of things end? Our founding document guarantees the pursuit of life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and of property. Which of course included human property.

Should that be taken out as well?

It already was.

While "pursuit of happiness" does include property, it's non-specific and what's considered property changes with the times.

We all remember on November 20th when citizen thugs stormed the most important and sacred buildings in DC. The left quickly demanded those who broke the law and destroyed or defaced anything related to our countries heritage be brought to law and persecuted to the maximum ability of our government entails!?!?!?!

The fact of the matter is the Biden Administration won't say it to you nor I, but behind doors they're in complete dismay. As embarrising as it would be to an already you President, my guess is Obama will be see on the White House lawn a lot more then he'd like in the the next few months.

You know how you don't do 10 years for vandalizing a statue?

You don't vandalize a statue.

But hey, continue on defending criminals. It's what you guys do best.

Ok but it’s still really dumb to jail somebody for 10 years cuz they vandalized a statue and it’s a good thing if they stop doing that.

Do you honestly believe ten years is a fair sentence for vandalism?

That's more than some people get for manslaughter, you must REALLY love these statues and what they represent.

What a clever way to call someone racist. Guess it's better than the typical nazi or white supremacist comment.

Look, do I think it's a fair sentence? Obviously not, but sometimes you need to make a point. Otherwise you get what we have now, which is people running amok doing whatever the hell they want while calling it a "protest". If the initial protests were met with brute force and lengthy jail sentences, I can guarantee you that the vast majority of damage, fires, vandalism, assaults and murders would have been reduced drastically.

This isn't like speeding where a lapse in concentration can get you going 5-10mph over the speed limit and land you a ticket. You don't just lose concentration for a second and the next thing you know you've vandalized a statue. You have to make a decision that you're going to do it and then execute that decision. That's 100% preventable and if someone knows the consequences and still decides to do it and gets 10 years, then that's on them. If you don't want to do the time, then don't vandalize the statue. It's a very easy thing not to do.

What a clever way to call someone racist. Guess it's better than the typical nazi or white supremacist comment.

Look, do I think it's a fair sentence? Obviously not, but sometimes you need to make a point. Otherwise you get what we have now, which is people running amok doing whatever the hell they want while calling it a "protest". If the initial protests were met with brute force and lengthy jail sentences, I can guarantee you that the vast majority of damage, fires, vandalism, assaults and murders would have been reduced drastically.

This isn't like speeding where a lapse in concentration can get you going 5-10mph over the speed limit and land you a ticket. You don't just lose concentration for a second and the next thing you know you've vandalized a statue. You have to make a decision that you're going to do it and then execute that decision. That's 100% preventable and if someone knows the consequences and still decides to do it and gets 10 years, then that's on them. If you don't want to do the time, then don't vandalize the statue. It's a very easy thing not to do.

That rationale applies to every deliberate crime.

Why did that point have to be made here and not everywhere? Why are the statues so important?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back