Elections Big D Bernie, shows he is for workers once again. Plan to double union membership

It’s not the employers it the union saying they must be paid a fee and approve anyone that works there. Everyone must join the “official party” to be allowed to work. That sounds more like communists.

They can and do take your money and give it to politicians you don’t support

Show me the legal authority a union has to do this?

Because reality without the little victim spinning, is that the authority comes from a contract the employer signs.

maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

This will actually accelerate factory closure/relocation because you are forcing businesses to operate inefficiently comparing to competition abroad. Unions ultimately don't want factories to close but that's what they will get if they resist automation. Robots are just so much better at repetitive manual labor that it's a losing battle no matter how you try to fight it.

Wouldn't they be losing their jobs either way then? Only one way gives them a chance at possibly keeping those jobs.

AI can do office work better than any employees can and I don't see that causing much stir now or hear anyone mention it much either. Manual physical labor would be more difficult to replace than office work in fact. Watched a great documentary on it not long ago. Wish I could remember the name of it.

Big D Bernie is one of the very few presidential candidates that genuinely wants whats best for the people.

Wouldn't they be losing their jobs either way then? Only one way gives them a chance at possibly keeping those jobs.

AI can do office work better than any employees can and I don't see that causing much stir now or hear anyone mention it much either. Manual physical labor would be more difficult to replace than office work in fact. Watched a great documentary on it not long ago. Wish I could remember the name of it.

Not all physical labors are the same. The ones that automation are in the process of replacing is repetitive phsycial labor. The ones that are hard to replace are the type of labor that you need to go to trade school for. As for the situation about them losing their job either way, that's why I say Bernie's method will be outdated if his solution is more union. It's much better to focus on how preparing the next wave of young people so that automation won't negatively impact them, and to use the economic gains from automation to help those that lost their job to automation.

You can if you aren't playing the little victim, for the poor little employer demanding the government come and save them from being able to negotiate a contract.

Poor little conservative victims.

What a dumbass, you want to play the liberal victim and force the big bad company to come in and save the union membership by mandating people join.

SCOTUS has ruled since at least the 70s that you cant force a person to join a union. I'm a union member telling you, have a good union if you want members.

Last edited:
Not all physical labors are the same. The ones that automation are in the process of replacing is repetitive phsycial labor. The ones that are hard to replace are the type of labor that you need to go to trade school for. As for the situation about them losing their job either way, that's why I say Bernie's method will be outdated if his solution is more union. It's much better to focus on how preparing the next wave of young people so that automation won't negatively impact them, and to use the economic gains from automation to help those that lost their job to automation.

His education plan covers that with state colleges and trade schools though. Jobs that will be lost to automation will be lost no matter if they are unionized or not. Though a Union could maybe combat that a bit. Non Union just can't. Period. Also, a Unionized group of workers could at least negotiate some sort of benefits package if and when that time came. Where a non union shop is just out of a job and left with nothing.

And I plan to quadruple automation and AI.

What a dumbass, you want to play the liberal victim and force the big bad company to come in and save the union membership by mandating people join.

SCOTUS has ruled since at least the 70s that you cant force a person to join a union. I'm a union member telling you, have a good union if you want members.

That's cool. No one is forced to join a union by the union. You are forced to meet a contractual term of employment agreed to by the employer.

Back