Big names picking BJS to beat canelo.

even if bjs does enough to win a decision, is he gonna get the nod from the judges??
Feldman is a judge and he scored the Golovkin rematch a draw, I thought Canelo won it pretty clean.

Feldman is the only one of these three judges who has worked Alvarez fights with any regularity.

Most notably, Feldman scored Alvarez’s rematch against Gennadiy Golovkin a draw, 114-114, in September 2018. He was overruled by Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld, both of whom scored that 12-round middleweight title fight for Alvarez by the same score, 115-113.

Alvarez (55-1-2, 37 KOs) defeated Kazakhstan’s Golovkin by majority decision in their second bout at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Two fights later, Feldman scored Alvarez a 116-112 winner over Brooklyn’s Daniel Jacobs in their middleweight championship unification match. Moretti and Weisfeld also scored that fight 115-113 for Alvarez, who beat Jacobs by unanimous decision in May 2019 at T-Mobile Arena.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-...-none-from-texas-assigned-judge-fight--157416

If BJS shocks the world, I'll give the man his praise and dues, but when Canelo beats him, I dont want to hear any excuses or people acting like BJS was overrated. Hes been touted as a stylistic nightmare for Canelo for the longest time, WE know exactly why this fight provides any fan interest at all, otherwise it would have never been made, so when Canelo beats that ass, even if it's over in 2, I dont want to hear no excuses.

If BJS shocks the world, I'll give the man his praise and dues, but when Canelo beats him, I dont want to hear any excuses or people acting like BJS was overrated. Hes been touted as a stylistic nightmare for Canelo for the longest time, WE know exactly why this fight provides any fan interest at all, otherwise it would have never been made, so when Canelo beats that ass, even if it's over in 2, I dont want to hear no excuses.
People are already complaining about the potential decision, they're going to complain about everything.

Saunders should have the skills to be a great boxer.
but 1 of his last 8 fights showed that (versus lemieux) he was getting beat up and needed a come from behind knockout over a cab driver 2-3 fights ago.

Has anyone thought to ask Ja Rule who he thinks will win? Or C-Woods?

They're too young to give an educated opinion. I'd ask Wonder Mike and Grandmaster Flash... still alive, because they never got involved in that gangsta shit.

I think you’re giving Saunders too much credit. The fights happening mainly because he has a belt, or it wouldn’t be happening.He’ll beat all of the guys at smw, he’s a level above them all. His only challenge is a couple of guys at LHW.

Saunders should have the skills to be a great boxer.
but 1 of his last 8 fights showed that (versus lemieux) he was getting beat up and needed a come from behind knockout over a cab driver 2-3 fights ago.

Lemieux was a perfect opponent, style wise for Saunders to look good against. He’s never been in with anyone at the elite level; he’s unproven imo.

People are already complaining about the potential decision, they're going to complain about everything.
I can't see it mattering. I think Saunders may conceivably win a round or even two in the first 4 or 5, but then starts getting walked down and body work finishes him or sets him up for the finish inside 10 rounds after Canelo begins to batter him mercilessly.

What size IS the ring, anyway? I thought all that was just jawing and they were in Vegas 20x20 but in Texas it can be anything, I guess. That's my mistake and I was only half paying attention to that talk because I thought "It's Vegas, he can't get a bigger ring".
If it's big enough it may allow BJS to survive until the 11th or 12th, but I would be surprised if he sees the final bell, myself. Even with more space to move. Won't hurt him, though.

Has anyone thought to ask Ja Rule who he thinks will win? Or C-Woods?

CS_JZ4vU8AADCkG.jpg

I think you’re giving Saunders too much credit. The fights happening mainly because he has a belt, or it wouldn’t be happening.He’ll beat all of the guys at smw, he’s a level above them all. His only challenge is a couple of guys at LHW.
Hehehe, you caught me.

Gotta try and make the fight seem legit afterall...

If BJS was as good as he is right now against Canelo when Canelo fought trout, Floyd or Lara I would definitely pick BJS as well. The first time I saw BJS fight I instantly wanted to see him fight Canelo for that same reason. But I don’t think he can outbox canelo as he is now, I don’t think anyone can anymore, not even Floyd.

If anyone is going to beat canelo it probably will be by outfighting him. Which is also a big problem.

but if this does go to a decision and BJS edges it I will not be very surprised tbh.

If BJS beats canelo it will be huge news but for people who have seen billy fight it shouldn’t be a huge shocker. Unexpected yes but come on, Billy is for real

If BJS beats canelo it will be huge news but for people who have seen billy fight it shouldn’t be a huge shocker. Unexpected yes but come on, Billy is for real
He's a massively talented boxer and it's not inconcievable he could beat Canelo on pts, but this version of Canelo just seems like he has the potential to be one of the best ever, and for that reason I just can't see beyond Canelo winning here. BJS will have moments though, and may even make Canelo miss a fair bit during the early rounds, but i think ultimately Canelo will catch up with him.

He's a massively talented boxer and it's not inconcievable he could beat Canelo on pts, but this version of Canelo just seems like he has the potential to be one of the best ever, and for that reason I just can't see beyond Canelo winning here. BJS will have moments though, and may even make Canelo miss a fair bit during the early rounds, but i think ultimately Canelo will catch up with him.

ya I think canelo by decision is a good bet here.

i respect most of those guys opinions but just dont see how BJS can beat Canelo

Back