Big names picking BJS to beat canelo.

Lara, Trout and Floyd - all pure boxers - gave Canelo problems.

I don't know if BJS is at that level. He's definitely not as athletic so he cant take advantage of Canelo's still slightly plodding style.

Last edited:
Billy Joe shouldn’t even be fighting at this weight. He will be far too slow for Canelo, can see it being a beat down.

BJS is a good boxer, but he is being overrated by a lot of people in my opinion.

I mean, he struggled with Eubank Jr in the second half of their fight and got a split decision.

BJS is a good boxer, but he is being overrated by a lot of people in my opinion.

I mean, he struggled with Eubank Jr in the second half of their fight and got a split decision.

Exactly that! He’s beaten nobody. His best win is a razor thin decision against a really green eubank jr. Imo he was the weakest of the SMW champions when canelo moved up. He gonna get knocked out or lose a wide decision, depending on how negative he’s gonna be

Exactly that! He’s beaten nobody. His best win is a razor thin decision against a really green eubank jr. Imo he was the weakest of the SMW champions when canelo moved up. He gonna get knocked out or lose a wide decision, depending on how negative he’s gonna be
Well his best wins were over Andy Lee and Lemieux, but then that Eubank Jr being his third best win

Lemieux was a perfect opponent, style wise for Saunders to look good against. He’s never been in with anyone at the elite level; he’s unproven imo.
I think Eubank Jr could have beaten him if he'd fought the right kind of fight. He was just loading up for the KO punch for half their fight. When he started pressuring BJS with more volume he won that half. And Eubank Jr is no world beater.

I think Eubank Jr could have beaten him if he'd fought the right kind of fight. He was just loading up for the KO punch for half their fight. When he started pressuring BJS with more volume he won that half. And Eubank Jr is no world beater.

I was that fight (bars shut at 11, main event started hours later - nice one Frank) and totally agree with you - Eubank was awful and BJS ran rings round him for most of the fight. If I recall correctly BJS started gassing towards the end and got on his bike and Junior couldn’t catch him.

No taxis after the event (of course) so decided to walk home and got utterly lost in heavy fog in East London. Good times.

I was that fight (bars shut at 11, main event started hours later - nice one Frank) and totally agree with you - Eubank was awful and BJS ran rings round him for most of the fight. If I recall correctly BJS started gassing towards the end and got on his bike and Junior couldn’t catch him.

No taxis after the event (of course) so decided to walk home and got utterly lost in heavy fog in East London. Good times.
Yep Billy made him look a fool until he gassed, I picked Jr for the win, couldnt believe what I was seeing, reminded me to never buy the hype. He can't slow down like that tonight.

Its a sad state of affairs when everyone says you have to KO him to win:rolleyes:
that's the new norm when it comes to fighting canelo. nobody wins decisions against canelo. even floyd only got a split dec and he beat canelo like an unwanted stepchild.

Canelo haters strong early on we will remain how that pans out
the guadalajaran warrior will bring another belt back to the homeland
why is gotta be hate? dudes are making predictions about a boxig match. don't take it personal. if i predict the lakers will beat boston is not because i hate boston.

nobody is obligated to be a fan of canelo.

100% Correcromundo. Those thinking BJS can win a decision in Texas are in cloud cuckoo land.
he can win a decision...he just has to over-perform. drop canelo maybe once or twice and beat him real bad. i remember a fight back when dlh got a controversial decision and some dude was arguing that dlh deserved to win the fight because the other fighter didn't knock him out.

Not picking BJS.

No he doesn't. He said BJS has a good chance if he does the right things.

Those two are biased for obvious reasons, don't count.

81516345.jpg
most etablished fight experts are not gonna be like "bjs definitely wins" or "canelo wiins without a doubt."...there's gonna be room for doubt, firstly because this is boxing and it only takes one punch. secondly, the judges and hometown setting are gonna be a big factor in the decision. but even so, it's clear who the majority of them are leaning towards. floyd and rjj are the two greatest fighters in the history of boxing. they KNOW boxing. they are both clearly leaning towards bjs while leaving room for doubt. but if you wanna go with fundora's predictions is up to you...nobody knows the future, but there's guys who can break down a fight and guys who can't.

Shawn Porter - Canelo wins
Sebastian Fundora - Canelo easy
Jorge Linares - Canelo 100%
Jermell Charlo - "Canelo is the best in the world right now so..."
Erislandy Lara - Says he got robbed against Canelo but also says Canelo has improved a lot since they fought
Teofimo Lopez - Canelo wins
Caleb Plant - Says how BJS should fight but doesn't say who he predicts
Willie Monroe - Canelo wins
i don't trust any of those guys' agendas. porter makes money off canelo fights. of course he's gonna ride canelo's jock. lara doesn't predict a canelo win. fundora? monroe? linares? you gotta be kidding me.

Lemieux was a perfect opponent, style wise for Saunders to look good against. He’s never been in with anyone at the elite level; he’s unproven imo.
He has only fought 3 world level opponents, Lemieux, Andy Lee and Martin Murray.

Lemieux, like you indicated, was tailor made for Saunders. Saunders only edged out Lee by the skin of his teeth. Murray was a solid fighter that held an interim title, who Saunders bravely fought nearly a decade out of his prime...

That’s it, all of the world class opponents he’s faced. Hardly any kind of resume that can prepare a fighter to stand up to the likes of Canelo.

canelog gasses in late rounds too. and eubank is better than anybody canelo has fought in the last 5 years, with the exception of danny jacobs who arguabl beat canelo.

He has only fought 3 world level opponents, Lemieux, Andy Lee and Martin Murray.

Lemieux, like you indicated, was tailor made for Saunders. Saunders only edged out Lee by the skin of his teeth. Murray was a solid fighter that held an interim title, who Saunders bravely fought nearly a decade out of his prime...

That’s it, all of the world class opponents he’s faced. Hardly any kind of resume that can prepare a fighter to stand up to the likes of Canelo.
canelo got beat like a drum against a 36 yo much smaller fighter. canelo arguably lost to lara, trout, ggg I and II and danny jacobs. he likes of bjs will beat canelo's ass.

Back