Big Show signs with AEW

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Kinda hate that shit! Well, guess AEW is throwing shit at the wall, lol, what do they need big show for? Hes great and all, itll be nice to see him, kinda weird that he'll bigger than whole roster combined and doesnt make sense as an investment at all, even more questionable than Sting, at what point do they actually start building a star and not just highlight big signings they scalped from WWE who didnt have anything for them at the moment. Pretty stupid, but I guess whatever, I'll watch. It's still gonna be too interesting not to want to at least see how it plays out.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Kinda hate that shit! Well, guess AEW is throwing shit at the wall, lol, what do they need big show for? Hes great and all, itll be nice to see him, kinda weird that he'll bigger than whole roster combined and doesnt make sense as an investment at all, even more questionable than Sting, at what point do they actually start building a star and not just highlight big signings they scalped from WWE who didnt have anything for them at the moment. Pretty stupid, but I guess whatever, I'll watch. It's still gonna be too interesting not to want to at least see how it plays out.
None of their current champions are ex-WWE wrestlers. I'd say they're doing pretty well highlighting their own guys.

None of their current champions are ex-WWE wrestlers. I'd say they're doing pretty well highlighting their own guys.
To be fair, the previous champs of literally every title were ex wwe guys.

(I'm just messing, even though Big Show seems like a giant waste of money)

To be fair, the previous champs of literally every title were ex wwe guys.

(I'm just messing, even though Big Show seems like a giant waste of money)
Scorpio Sky helped Kane and Daniel Bryan in their anger management class too. AEW just can't help themselves apparently!

Seriously though, I don't mind the commentating but I have no idea why they'd want to use him in the ring.

Scorpio Sky helped Kane and Daniel Bryan in their anger management class too. AEW just can't help themselves apparently!

Seriously though, I don't mind the commentating but I have no idea why they'd want to use him in the ring.
I assume to put over their big men. But he is just going to make them look tiny.

Kenny Omega is a former known wrestling mega star in Japan, same difference, lol. Come on, Jericho, Ambrose and Omega, they picked their three biggest initial signings.

Darby JUST got hands on the TV title, before that Lee and Rhodes. And Darby is a fun crash test dummy, but I really dont care that hes the champ, that's the problem is it was better on Rhodes. The belts gotta fit to wear it.

Granted they are new, but I dont see many guys who are not already an established commodity from somewhere else doing very much on these shows. Yes, i know it takes time and I have enjoyed some shows and PPVs, but more often I get really bored or exhausted by the AEW product, and a lot of it has to do with these repackaged guys.

Kenny Omega is a former known wrestling mega star in Japan, same difference, lol. Come on, Jericho, Ambrose and Omega, they picked their three biggest initial signings.

Darby JUST got hands on the TV title, before that Lee and Rhodes. And Darby is a fun crash test dummy, but I really dont care that hes the champ, that's the problem is it was better on Rhodes. The belts gotta fit to wear it.

Granted they are new, but I dont see many guys who are not already an established commodity from somewhere else doing very much on these shows. Yes, i know it takes time and I have enjoyed some shows and PPVs, but more often I get really bored or exhausted by the AEW product, and a lot of it has to do with these repackaged guys.
NJPW and WWE are not "same difference" lmao I don't get why you wouldn't put your title on your 3 biggest stars. That's just good business.

I think guys like Wardlow, MJF, Guevara, Jungle Boy, and Darby are gonna be their guys in the future, but they're young and/or green, and they need to establish their brand first. Hangman taking the title off Omega is gonna be something to look forward to.

NJPW and WWE are not "same difference" lmao I don't get why you wouldn't put your title on your 3 biggest stars. That's just good business.

I think guys like Wardlow, MJF, Guevara, Jungle Boy, and Darby are gonna be their guys in the future, but they're young and/or green, and they need to establish their brand first. Hangman taking the title off Omega is gonna be something to look forward to.
A year in they could have built someone up in house, lol you know exactly what I meant. Okay, my bad I misspoke while casually posting on the internet by saying Wwe, I meant WWE and other major promotions. Njpw falls in that, you dont put on a event like Wrestle Kingdom because your a peon in the business. In fact the only to really big powers for me were WWE and Njpw, now AEW has a big checkbook and is making moves, so add them. No need to split hairs, you know what I mean. Agree about Hangman taking title, hes lesser know than some of his colleagues, and would be a nice transition to something that felt a little more home grown, but still a ways to go from there. I'm not talking shit either, it just hasnt been for me.

Obviously theres talent, but I'm not gonna lie and say I'm in love with how they're using it. It's not all bad, but it is pretty cartoony. And the only instance they went with the lesser known was with SCU winning tag titles, and that "upset to introduce then to the audience" thing is as old as time, but nope they just are signing more old guys and trying to shock us into watching. I dont want to keep going, but it's just an off product so far, and it has a lot to do with that.

A year in they could have built someone up in house, lol you know exactly what I meant. Okay, my bad I misspoke while casually posting on the internet by saying Wwe, I meant WWE and other major promotions. Njpw falls in that, you dont put on a event like Wrestle Kingdom because your a peon in the business. In fact the only to really big powers for me were WWE and Njpw, now AEW has a big checkbook and is making moves, so add them. No need to split hairs, you know what I mean. Agree about Hangman taking title, hes lesser know than some of his colleagues, and would be a nice transition to something that felt a little more home grown, but still a ways to go from there. I'm not talking shit either, it just hasnt been for me.

Obviously theres talent, but I'm not gonna lie and say I'm in love with how they're using it. It's not all bad, but it is pretty cartoony. And the only instance they went with the lesser known was with SCU winning tag titles, and that "upset to introduce then to the audience" thing is as old as time, but nope they just are signing more old guys and trying to shock us into watching. I dont want to keep going, but it's just an off product so far, and it has a lot to do with that.
I think there's a difference between being established in Japan and being established in front of a western audience on cable TV. Just my opinion though.

I'm surprised you didn't add SCU to the list of established guys to be honest. Daniels and Kaz have been on tv for almost 20 years now.

I think there's a difference between being established in Japan and being established in front of a western audience on cable TV. Just my opinion though.

I'm surprised you didn't add SCU to the list of established guys to be honest. Daniels and Kaz have been on tv for almost 20 years now.
I mean, TNA is where I remember Daniel's from, but I cant remember Kaz. I had a long period I'm still catching up on that I wouldn't have anything to do with wrasslin, but I recall Storm and Styles and Daniel's and Consequences and plenty of others from TNA around 2005-2008ish when I really tried to give it a chance and wouldn't watch WWE at all. But I never really considered them a threat, I actually admitted to myself I was only watching because it was something fresh and worried how long before it got cancelled because I just couldn't see people my age or around my age watching it. It always felt indy-ish, or I guess more regional than other stuff I'd seen.

As far as established in front of western viewers on live tv vs established in Japan, I suppose forgive my ignorance, I suppose I havent really considered difference, it was my understanding wrestling was huge in Japan, not to mention all my wrestling friends (the proud and few) are following NJPW, kinda how I got back into it, so maybe I have misinterpreted Kenny's overall popularity. I suppose the vast majority dont know Kenny.

I mean, TNA is where I remember Daniel's from, but I cant remember Kaz. I had a long period I'm still catching up on that I wouldn't have anything to do with wrasslin, but I recall Storm and Styles and Daniel's and Consequences and plenty of others from TNA around 2005-2008ish when I really tried to give it a chance and wouldn't watch WWE at all. But I never really considered them a threat, I actually admitted to myself I was only watching because it was something fresh and worried how long before it got cancelled because I just couldn't see people my age or around my age watching it. It always felt indy-ish, or I guess more regional than other stuff I'd seen.

As far as established in front of western viewers on live tv vs established in Japan, I suppose forgive my ignorance, I suppose I havent really considered difference, it was my understanding wrestling was huge in Japan, not to mention all my wrestling friends (the proud and few) are following NJPW, kinda how I got back into it, so maybe I have misinterpreted Kenny's overall popularity. I suppose the vast majority dont know Kenny.
Kazarian was probably doing a lot of work in the X Division around that time you were watching. He also played Suicide if you remember that gimmick.

It's hard to gauge popularity with wrestlers now because wrestling isn't that popular. I do think someone like Omega needed to be established to a western audience as unlike guys like Daniels he's never even been apart of TNA which at least was on TV in the US. Up until AEW none of his work had been on TV at all.

Why do people care about companies signing wrestlers who previously wrestled in another company? Should a wrestler retire because WWE released them or their contract expired?

Guys have jumped ship from territory to territory since the dawn of wrestling. In the 90's it felt non stop that guys would jump ship back and forth between WCW and WWF.

Should we give the WWF shit for pushing ex-WCW guy Steve Austin or ex-WCW guy Mick Foley or ex-WCW guy The Undertaker or ex-WCW guy Kevin Nash or ex-WCW guy Sid or ex-WCW guys the Road Warriors? <Lmaoo>

The guy this thread is about was an ex-WCW guy before his WWE career lol

Back