Big Show signs with AEW

Why do people care about companies signing wrestlers who previously wrestled in another company? Should a wrestler retire because WWE released them or their contract expired?

Guys have jumped ship from territory to territory since the dawn of wrestling. In the 90's it felt non stop that guys would jump ship back and forth between WCW and WWF.

Should we give the WWF shit for pushing ex-WCW guy Steve Austin or ex-WCW guy Mick Foley or ex-WCW guy The Undertaker or ex-WCW guy Kevin Nash or ex-WCW guy Sid or ex-WCW guys the Road Warriors? <Lmaoo>

The guy this thread is about was an ex-WCW guy before his WWE career lol
Well aware. Lol, it's not the fact it's happening, it's how it's being done. I'm sure you DO remember the WCW he came from, same one who had nothing for half the signings they made, chucking money left and right at shock signings. AEW reminds me of WCW in a lot of ways. You do you, I'm glad Aew is around, sure I'm still watching out the corner of my eye still, but I'm not being pulled in by this method, and I often find myself wondering about the guys they should be featuring and why they are hardly on the main program. That's just how it seems to me.

Well aware. Lol, it's not the fact it's happening, it's how it's being done. I'm sure you DO remember the WCW he came from, same one who had nothing for half the signings they made, chucking money left and right at shock signings. AEW reminds me of WCW in a lot of ways. You do you, I'm glad Aew is around, sure I'm still watching out the corner of my eye still, but I'm not being pulled in by this method, and I often find myself wondering about the guys they should be featuring and why they are hardly on the main program. That's just how it seems to me.

Do you think TNT gives Tony Khan a multi year TV deal if he only features "home grown" indy talent?

AEW doesn't exist without Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Jon Moxley, Kenny Omega, etc. at the top of the card. TNT doesn't give them a TV contract if the entire program started with and only featured an unknown MJF, Darby Allin, Jungleboy etc.

You start with big name signings, which gets eyes on the product, then gradually build the unknown young talent, which is what they're doing. As much as you may not like it, guys like Sting and Big Show put eyes on the product and gets those unknown talents seen by people who may not have seen them before. Big Show was trending #1 on Twitter for hours today. People are going to tune in tonight because of their curiosity to see the Big Show in another company and will end up getting to see relatively unknown talent Rey Fenix and Lance Archer who can be big stars tear the house down in the main event. The Big Show is going to be featured as a commentator on a program called Elevation, which the sole purpose of the show is to showcase young up and coming talent.

Notice how they're using Sting to elevate Darby Allin, Brian Cage, and Ricky Starks? Or how they used Chris Jericho to elevate Orange Cassidy and have a stable full of young guys around him that get air time every time he's on screen like MJF and Wardlow, Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz.

Yes they're throwing money at a bunch of old guys, but they're also surrounding those old guys with their future stars.

its a good signing.

Hes not going to come in and be like goldturd or what not, hes gonna come in, do a few matches here and there, commentate and more than likely help out the big guys. Which AEW is sorely lacking and having one of the best big men of all time there in their ears is only going to help guys like archer, wardlow, cage and whoever else they end up with

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Someone get on the phone with the YET-TAYYYYYY!

Tag Team Title Run LOOMS

iu

i'm ok with this if he goes back to being billed as The Giant and stays on dark.

What's he going to teach? How to be 7ft tall and obese.

Outside of being big, guy was a shitty pro wrestler, all in all. The way he talks it's like he sees himself as a wrestling savant who struggled for years whilst learning his craft.

If he was 8 inches shorter he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.

He was fun on Enterprise.

big-show-star-trek--600x338.jpg

"You are now property of the Orion Syndicate. Break the rules and you will suffer. Follow the rules and you will suffer less."

Outside of being big, guy was a shitty pro wrestler, all in all. The way he talks it's like he sees himself as a wrestling savant who struggled for years whilst learning his craft.

Show is one of my least fave of all times but he deserves a lot more credit than that. The big guys in aew can learn a lot about pacing, mannerisms, and working big in general.

His primary appeal is that he can do cross promotion on nba programming and not look like a little kid. Recognizable guy, lots of media training. He’s probably not coming in to make a run at the belt, that would be a mistake, but to be a face to help pull in some fans with nothing else to watch.

Has there ever been a wrestler who would have succeeded if he was 8 inches shorter? Maybe Rey Mysterio at 4’3” could have been popular, but otherwise I think “if he was 8 inches shorter he wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes” could apply to anyone.

Has there ever been a wrestler who would have succeeded if he was 8 inches shorter? Maybe Rey Mysterio at 4’3” could have been popular, but otherwise I think “if he was 8 inches shorter he wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes” could apply to anyone.

Durrrrr.

People got shocked and upset when Vince McMahon sent Keith Lee to do training with the other big guys. Big wrestlers should not be going to the top rope every match and should not sell for every single wrestler like they weigh 300 lbs.

People got shocked and upset when Vince McMahon sent Keith Lee to do training with the other big guys. Big wrestlers should not be going to the top rope every match and should not sell for every single wrestler like they weigh 300 lbs.

Relevant.

Imagine how shit your company has to be to sign a 50 year old useless oaf who's been shit for 25 years.

its a good signing.

Hes not going to come in and be like goldturd or what not, hes gonna come in, do a few matches here and there, commentate and more than likely help out the big guys. Which AEW is sorely lacking and having one of the best big men of all time there in their ears is only going to help guys like archer, wardlow, cage and whoever else they end up with
Jericho pretty much said this when asked about AEW signing Paul Wight. He is there for name recognition and he can help the big men. https://wrestletalk.com/news/chris-jericho-comments-on-aew-signing-paul-wight/

Jericho pretty much said this when asked about AEW signing Paul Wight. He is there for name recognition and he can help the big men. https://wrestletalk.com/news/chris-jericho-comments-on-aew-signing-paul-wight/
"When you’re dealing with a new company, if we want to try and get a TV deal in India for example, who is on the show? Chris Jericho, we know him. Sting, we know him. Paul Wight, we know him. Those are the guys that can open the door to get people’s eyeballs on Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, Darby [Allin], Cody, Ricky Starks."

That makes a lot of sense to be fair.

Back