Nakamura
Sin Cara
Dr. Death
Scott Steiner
Vader
Ricochet
Sandman
Raven

Anyone I'm forgetting? I'm more trying to nail it down to people who were a big deal elsewhere, and didn't quite connect in the WWE. Ricochet is a bit of a grey area, but he was Lucha Underground's premiere star for a while, so I figure he can squeak in. There are probably many I'm skimming over from the territory days, though.

Naka ? He’s been in the wwe for five years now and is consistently in the mid card. He has had many how profile matches.

I’d say chris masters and carlito

kenta/hideo itami
keith lee
dusty rhodes

Salvatore Sincere

Mantaur

Nakamura has been disappointing but I wouldn't say that he is the worst.

Sin Cara was supposed to be a big shot in Mexico and was flat upon arrival.

Hideo Itami was plagued by injuries and just didn't fit in with the WWE. Still had some good matches though.

"Lord Tensai" was straight fucked upon arrival. Horrible gimmick.

Honestly, I'd say someone like Kizarny...

ricochet failed in wwe because he is straight trash. he is literally my least favorite wrestler of all time. every single fucking move has to be a spot. offense, defense, doesnt matter. straight gymnastics with zero psychology.

i would say kharma would qualify. dean malenko i quite enjoyed in wcw and he was by far the least successful of the radicalz

Last edited:
Nakamura has had a solid run. In 5 years he's been 2x NXT Champion, Royal Rumble winner, 2x US Champion, IC Champion, Tag Champion

Not even close to a failure.

And having the most over entrance since Sandman.

I don’t think you can count Vince’s biases and vagaries against a wrestler. Sting got fucked in the ass. So did Goldberg in his first run.

If somebody comes in and get a big push while being shit, that’s failure. Jinder is an example (yeah I know he was around but not really).

Nathan Jones was hyped for months.

Buff Bagwell. He had like one match.

Goldberg flopped in the WWE

Public enemy , Vader, Marc mero ...rock and roll express and that nwa invasion shit

dusty rhodes

b93e294d60633894b7486ecff20f32a3.gif

yeah ur right.
when i posted i only remembered the polka dots and dancing,
but now i remember whom he feuded with.

He was certainly better outside the WWF though.

Gonna go back and say the Red Rooster and Max Moon. Seemed like a lot of build up and work went into the characters, but no pay off.

Back