Biggest Failures in WWE

what kid is gonna want to turn on wrestling and see their home room english teacher?

41187875211.jpg

dean screwed dean.
Dude was a heel. And likely just handed the gimmick. He would've probably gotten over as The Franchise, which would've an early tweeter type, before it became common.

In any case, on the night they had Shawn go out and just hand him the IC belt, only to job to Hall the very same night, he was dead in the water at that point. Not to mention Hall supposedly sandbagging him in the ring, and the entire Kliq burying him to Vince.

Like I said, dude didn't do much to get himself over, but the Kliq also likely had a hand in why he didn't get over in WWF.

Dude was a heel. And likely just handed the gimmick. He would've probably gotten over as The Franchise, which would've an early tweeter type, before it became common.

In any case, on the night they had Shawn go out and just hand him the IC belt, only to job to Hall the very same night, he was dead in the water at that point. Not to mention Hall supposedly sandbagging him in the ring, and the entire Kliq burying him to Vince.

Like I said, dude didn't do much to get himself over, but the Kliq also likely had a hand in why he didn't get over in WWF.
his first run in the wwf was as a jobber, and he filled in for an injured shawn as part of the rockers til shawn came back. maybe they saw him as once a jobber, always a jobber.

his first run in the wwf was as a jobber, and he filled in for an injured shawn as part of the rockers til shawn came back. maybe they saw him as once a jobber, always a jobber.

He sucked.

I think he's a case of a glass tiger shattering in the spotlight. He had so much stupid amounts of hype surrounding him, and by most accounts, he bought into it himself. Also by most accounts, he wasn't worth a damn, and was a complete diva. I'm willing to lend him some credibility by the accounts of him from others, when he was working in the little leagues. However, when the big boys all mostly agree that he was overrated as a worker and a complete fucking asshole who had a chip on his shoulder, I'm gonna lean towards them being correct.

At the end of the day, he's known for being ECW's initial poster boy. One of many ECW poster boys who couldn't swim with the sharks.

Tommy End has done bugger all since being called up to the main roster tbh.

I think he's a case of a glass tiger shattering in the spotlight. He had so much stupid amounts of hype surrounding him, and by most accounts, he bought into it himself. Also by most accounts, he wasn't worth a damn, and was a complete diva. I'm willing to lend him some credibility by the accounts of him from others, when he was working in the little leagues. However, when the big boys all mostly agree that he was overrated as a worker and a complete fucking asshole who had a chip on his shoulder, I'm gonna lean towards them being correct.

At the end of the day, he's known for being ECW's initial poster boy. One of many ECW poster boys who couldn't swim with the sharks.
Most likely 50/50 IMO. Given how little he seems to have did to try and get himself over, or at least fit in with the roster, it’s fair to say he was overrated.
That said, he was given a terrible gimmick, and immediately put in programs with Kliq members, who almost certainly weren’t above burrying the new guy with all the hype.

luger came in as the narcissist complete with mirror gimmick. his face turn and lex express leading up to bodyslamming yoko on a ship was a big deal. they were gonna put the strap on that guy but thankfully they came to their senses and went with bret instead.

DaSfId6XUAAyzOm.jpg

vince had him do stuff like this at non-tapings to gauge crowd interest amd fan reactions.

Luger was the shit as The Narcissist...

I don't think Nakamura is an all out failure, at least he won gold in the WWE (NXT Champion, Royal Rumble winner, 2X US Champion, Intercontinental Champion and Tag Team Champion) while other WWE "failures" hardly touched gold.

I'd say he's more 50/50

Last edited:
Lol they hyped that Mordecai dude up like he was supposed to be the next Undertaker and he flopped miserably.

Orlando Jordan is another big flop, not necessarily from a fan perspective cause he kinda sucked and even 13 year old me knew this but WWE obviously had high hopes for him. They stuck him in JBL’s cabinet, put the US title on him and put him in their with big names like Undertaker.
Whatever they saw in him went away quick and he wound up getting squashed numerous times by Benoit.

Fandango has to probably be one of the biggest IMO - had that huge win over Jericho and just kind of floundered into obscurity.

You could probably put a lot of guys like Steiner DDP etc on the list but in all honesty they were doomed to fail under Vince coming from WCW. I can’t put them on my list without an asterisk because I feel they would’ve been successful had it not been for obvious reasons.

Sucks, really like Fandango too.

These two together in the OG NXT was the shit:

maxresdefault.jpg

Most likely 50/50 IMO. Given how little he seems to have did to try and get himself over, or at least fit in with the roster, it’s fair to say he was overrated.
That said, he was given a terrible gimmick, and immediately put in programs with Kliq members, who almost certainly weren’t above burrying the new guy with all the hype.

I think it goes hand in hand. If you're not liked by the boys because you don't care to put in the work, think your shit doesn't smell, and are whining and complaining all the time, you're fighting against a brick wall you created. It's a reason why, even if it was somewhat true, you won't hear many sticking up for Douglas, like they do with other guys who got fucked around by the Kliq, like Vader. The general respect isn't there for Douglas, and I think there's a reason for that.

Also Dr Death was a pretty big failure considering they made the brawl for all just for him because they thought he would win and it blew up right in there face <Lmaoo>

Sucks, really like Fandango too.

I was slowly coming around to his goofiness. Like when he got his ass kicked and won by DQ in a match, and he still just had to crawl over, pick up the mic and correct the ring announcer, "It's...Fan-dang-gooooo!", LOL.

I think others were picking up on his quirks and started to naturally accept him and get a kick out of him, and then "Fandangoing" happened, where Jerry Lawler and the WWE brass thought it would be a great idea to tell everyone how cool and hip it was. Which was the equivalent to a teenager's dad coming into his room and telling his kid that he really likes the band they're listening to, which immediately makes that band decidedly uncool.

He was getting over naturally, and then they just tried to rush it by hijacking this one thing that the fans had organically created, which, unfortunately for Fandango, pretty much killed all of his momentum in one fell swoop. That one interview completely destroyed him.

Why is Sandman on that list?

Just him being signed should be considered a success on his part.

Also Dr Death was a pretty big failure considering they made the brawl for all just for him because they thought he would win and it blew up right in there face <Lmaoo>

Which is funny, because all the people like Jim Cornett who now believe the BFA was the worst idea ever, were probably making bets on how many people Dr. Death was gonna send to the hospital. I swear, those hillbillies talk about Dr. Death like he's their big brother with mythical powers. I've never seen such hero worship over such a mediocre wrestler. Of course, it usually comes from the guys who still think it is 1978, believe that fans still think it's real, and think Dr. Death's style isn't sleep inducing.

With or without the BFA, Dr. Death would've crashed and burned hard in the WWE, and likely be given some dancing fool gimmick to ride out the rest of his contract.

Why is Sandman on that list?

Just him being signed should be considered a success on his part.

Yes and no. It's no secret that Sandman had very little talent and could really only work in an environment like ECW, but he was one of their biggest fish, and you would expect some kind of carry over appeal. Not the case. Happened to a lot of ECW guys. Heyman really was good at highlighting their strengths and hiding their weaknesses. In Sandman's case, his strengths were drinking beer while coming out to a six minute intro featuring one of the most popular songs of all time that could turn on any crowd, and then smashing the empty beer can on his head. Take that away, and he's got a whole lotta jack and shit.

But hey, good for him for putting himself in such a position, where an idiotic company will pay you $500,000 a year to sit on your ass, and another idiotic company will give you another contract after that. Not bad for a guy whose in ring talent boiled down to hitting people with sticks.

Key
vic_grimes_3.jpg

Just Joe
1_1MISC_0067.jpg

Whatever the fuck Chris Harris was called ...
5cded80bab559.image.jpg

Nakamura
Sin Cara
Dr. Death
Scott Steiner
Vader
Ricochet
Sandman
Raven

Anyone I'm forgetting? I'm more trying to nail it down to people who were a big deal elsewhere, and didn't quite connect in the WWE. Ricochet is a bit of a grey area, but he was Lucha Underground's premiere star for a while, so I figure he can squeak in. There are probably many I'm skimming over from the territory days, though.

Kerry von Erich (wwe texas tornado)
Konnan was a god in AAA and fucking max moon in the wwe

Back