Biggest Failures in WWE

He was certainly better outside the WWF though.

Gonna go back and say the Red Rooster and Max Moon. Seemed like a lot of build up and work went into the characters, but no pay off.

Speaking of the "red rooster" ,Taylor was ass as far back as mid south and I'm convinced the only reason he ever got a push anywhere is because dumbass booking

Kerry von Erich (wwe texas tornado)

Yeah, although I think in fairness, there were some mitigating circumstances to his flop. I mean shit, didn't he have to hide a foot amputation from them? I'm amazed he could move at all in the ring, not to mention his other personal problems. I think without his "issues" that character could've gone places.

It's a shame, 'cause the guy can work and is pretty athletic for his size. Could've been a Bam Bam type. So bizarre that he's a FOX News contributor now. Well, kind of bizarre for him, and kind of natural for FOX News.

- Dude had a great promo. Could talk and wrestle.

Mordecai, Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan

Dude was a heel. And likely just handed the gimmick. He would've probably gotten over as The Franchise, which would've an early tweeter type, before it became common.

In any case, on the night they had Shawn go out and just hand him the IC belt, only to job to Hall the very same night, he was dead in the water at that point. Not to mention Hall supposedly sandbagging him in the ring, and the entire Kliq burying him to Vince.

Like I said, dude didn't do much to get himself over, but the Kliq also likely had a hand in why he didn't get over in WWF.
I disagree (with the proposition that his gimmick was weak); I think his gimmick was a great heel gimmick and in his in-ring wrestling was top-notch as well. I think it all came down to rubbing the wrong people the wrong way.

Tommy End has done bugger all since being called up to the main roster tbh.

Dude fucked himself on social media.

Hard to be a badass Satanist when you're crying about "social injustice" and "body shaming"

I think dude has talent, but for fucks sakes keep kayfabe....

Nakamura
Sin Cara
Dr. Death
Scott Steiner
Vader
Ricochet
Sandman
Raven

Anyone I'm forgetting? I'm more trying to nail it down to people who were a big deal elsewhere, and didn't quite connect in the WWE. Ricochet is a bit of a grey area, but he was Lucha Underground's premiere star for a while, so I figure he can squeak in. There are probably many I'm skimming over from the territory days, though.
I would say Vader. He should've won the strap at Summerslam 96. By the end of his run they were using him as a jobber. What a waste

He was certainly better outside the WWF though.

Gonna go back and say the Red Rooster and Max Moon. Seemed like a lot of build up and work went into the characters, but no pay off.
Red rooster was my fav as a kid for a few months.

Thats the thing, people always gotta criticize the polka dots and the gimmick(not pointing at you, just speaking in generalities) but 3 time NWA champ Dusty Rhodes was getting booed nonstop by this point, and a lot of the people that were booing him are the same ones that whine about the polka dots!

He was towards the end of his career, he wasnt gonna be top dog anywhere anymore, and he needed a new coat of paint
WWF comedy Dusty added a few years to the tail end of his career and he was over big in that promotion, a high midcard babyface in matches and feuds that still mattered

People like to forget all that and just pouty face over the polka dots, though
Bunkhouse Dusty was my favorite Dusty. The Polka Dots were just stupid. Much like anything else WWF was doing at the time.

Which is funny, because all the people like Jim Cornett who now believe the BFA was the worst idea ever, were probably making bets on how many people Dr. Death was gonna send to the hospital. I swear, those hillbillies talk about Dr. Death like he's their big brother with mythical powers. I've never seen such hero worship over such a mediocre wrestler. Of course, it usually comes from the guys who still think it is 1978, believe that fans still think it's real, and think Dr. Death's style isn't sleep inducing.

With or without the BFA, Dr. Death would've crashed and burned hard in the WWE, and likely be given some dancing fool gimmick to ride out the rest of his contract.
Dr. Death would've been a good opponent for Stone Cold or the Rock. Brawl for all was a stupid idea. They had Shamrock and Severn on the roster who never got to finish their legit UFC trilogy. If WWF was ever going to have a legit shoot it should've have been between those two.

Dr. Death would've been a good opponent for Stone Cold or the Rock. Brawl for all was a stupid idea. They had Shamrock and Severn on the roster who never got to finish their legit UFC trilogy. If WWF was ever going to have a legit shoot it should've have been between those two.
hard to bill a trilogy fight when the 2nd is considered one of the worst/boring mma fights of all time.

at the time no one knew that it was because closed fist punches were technically banned to the head for that event, with fighters choosing to do so and risking potential fines and even legal action -tho afterwards no fines were collected and no one went to jail-. severn and shamrock didnt want to risk it and put on a grappling slap fight.

because no one knew, most ppl just thought they were a boring match up.
can't see vince wanting to book a shoot involving them after that.

Last edited:
Shouldn't WWE's biggest failures be more about the XFL and not some random performer?

Back