Crime Billionaire GOP Donor funding SD National Guard to go to TX Border

44nutman

The Original Nut of Sherdog
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/29/willis-johnson-us-mexico-border-497080

It is good to know you can buy the National Guard.
My sons 4th birthday is coming up. I don't need 50 like TX does but maybe 2 or 3. We are having a bounce house, and a bunch of kids will be hopped up on birthday cake and candy.
The 2 or 3 will have the same chance of 50 National Guardsmen guarding the Texas/Mexico border.

If they gave Oscars for political theater, Kristi Noem would be one of the nominees.
Is the caravan still coming or are they waiting for the mid terms?

I am sure there will be a defense of our National Guardsman used as a mercenary force.
Also isn't South Dakota closer to Canada, they need to protect our northern border from those filthy Canadians. Also they better bring generators because Texas's power grid fails if the temperature outside falls outside of 50 to 90 degrees.
I appreciate this, maybe California can send their Guardsmans to allow men in womens bathrooms.

Nice to see one of our armed forces in the pocket of a billionaire.
Maybe you have a shitty neighbor, like Rand Paul who throws his yard waste on your yard.
If you have enough cash, you too could hire the National Guard to guard you property line. I mean they are for sale. Not sure the cost, but definitely now know you can buy members of the National Guard.

An American cares about his country? And is paying to keep it safer?

The horror!

He isn't giving orders. So stop your tears.

A private citizen being able to pay for the deploying of soldiers to the area of their choosing should be alarming to either side of the political aisle. If a Democrat was paying for more National Guard members to be deployed at a Unite The Right Rally you'd be losing your shit.

It’s not about whether you think the cause is just, it’s about whether a private citizen can fund the military for their own endeavours.

If this is acceptable then soon enough a cause that you find is unjust will be paid for.

Last edited:
It’s not about whether you think the cause is just, it’s about whether a private citizen can find the military for their own endeavours.

If this is acceptable then soon enough a cause that you find is unjust will be paid for.

It already is. It's not like the handful of people at the top ask the public's permission to spend their tax dollars on a military force to do their bidding.

Something doesn't seem right with this story. If SD guardsmen are heading down to the Texas border, they would probably be activated under Title 10 orders which are federal orders meaning federal dollars. If they get activated under Title 32 then it's state dollars which in this case Texas would be paying the bill assuming they requested out of state support.

Maybe someone working at NGB could shed additional light if I'm mistaken.

It’s not about whether you think the cause is just, it’s about whether a private citizen can fund the military for their own endeavours.

protecting the US border is his own endeavor?

Sooooooooooooo.....

“The Governor has authority under SDCL 5-24-12 to accept a donation if she determines doing so is in the best interest of the State. The Governor has additional authority to accept donated funds for emergency management under SDCL 34-48A-36.”

50 guardsmen? Meh.... it's a start. It seems the last thing our Leftists friends want is a secure border.

Literally proving my point with this post
I doubt that ever happen and it sure as hell didn't this time

if his ranch was on the border and he helped cover the cost that would be his own endeavor, keeping illegal people, drugs, guns, traffickers from coming into the US is what all of our tax dollars are suppose to be doing, he's just paying more than his share....bet you've heard that phrase before

5eyvn5.jpg

protecting the US border is his own endeavor?

Why do we have the U.S. Border patrol then? If private citizens are going to be paying for "border security" out of their own pocket, then disband the border patrol and give me my tax dollars back.

Funk the bulljive!

South Dakota National Guard is America's version of the Golden Company.
golden-company-essos.gif

Back