Bioidentical HRT do they work?

ChangeIsComing

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Hi, I am at a point in life where I feel I may need to start on TRT and near where I live there is a place that deals with bioidentical hormone replacement, I didn't even know about this only knew about the traditional synthetic. What I want to know and what Google is not giving me good info on are the following.

1. Will the results of taking bioidentical testosterone be equal to that of synthetic or only in some areas?

2. Is it less or higher risk of side affects vs traditional TRT?

If anyone has good info on this, some experience or examples it would be greatly appreciated. Just want to know if it's worth looking into or if I should just go straight to someone that deals with synthetic test treatments.

For TRT? That term (bioidentical) is marketing hype, same shit different name so 1. Same. 2. Same.

If it wasn't the same "on a molecular level" (lol) it wouldn't be testosterone would it?

Save your money and see a regular Dr

For TRT? That term (bioidentical) is marketing hype, same shit different name so 1. Same. 2. Same.

If it wasn't the same "on a molecular level" (lol) it wouldn't be testosterone would it?

Save your money and see a regular Dr
Yeah I am new and lost with all the info out there, but yeah if its the same then I might as well go to the clinic that is closer, I just was not and sitll not fully sure if there is a difference as one comes from plants etc and the other is made in a lab but as you put it its the same on the molecular level so...lol.

Thank you

Hi, I am at a point in life where I feel I may need to start on TRT and near where I live there is a place that deals with bioidentical hormone replacement, I didn't even know about this only knew about the traditional synthetic. What I want to know and what Google is not giving me good info on are the following.

1. Will the results of taking bioidentical testosterone be equal to that of synthetic or only in some areas?

2. Is it less or higher risk of side affects vs traditional TRT?

If anyone has good info on this, some experience or examples it would be greatly appreciated. Just want to know if it's worth looking into or if I should just go straight to someone that deals with synthetic test treatments.

Bioidentical HRT has all the exact same problems as synthetic HRT. It's still HRT either way.

Some MDs who deal with bioidentical HRT may use lower dosages than traditional guidelines for synthetic HRT. They may also recommend combinations including more than just testosterone, or they may recommend dosages that are higher than the guidelines depending on their diagnosis, your lab work, and their clinical experience.

Most bioidentical HRT prescriptions in the US will be filled by a compounding pharmacy which may or may not be well run. Compounding pharmacies in the US have traditionally had wide variances in quality control and precision due to having significantly less oversight than other businesses that manufacture prescription drugs (including hormone based drugs).

Yeah I am new and lost with all the info out there, but yeah if its the same then I might as well go to the clinic that is closer, I just was not and sitll not fully sure if there is a difference as one comes from plants etc and the other is made in a lab but as you put it its the same on the molecular level so...lol.

Thank you

The bump made me notice that I had not replied, actually I did write something but it never posted for whatever reason, anyhoo...

Regarding all FDA approved testosterone products, they all come from plants, yams are still the most common raw material afaik. And it all is made in a lab. There are not containers of unproccesed testosterone available on the shelf at some drug supply wholesaler, if it is pure T it has gone through some process to isolate it from whatever the source material was.

IOW when these marketers use the term "synthetic" in their ad copy they are either full of shit or doing something illegal (and probably very cost ineffective). To write about "synthetic vs bioidentical Testosterone" is sleight of hand, there is no synthetic available and it's not an either/or situation as such babbling suggests. Agin it either is or is not a Testosterone molecule.

Bioidentical is not even a recognized medical term, again - it's just marketing. Once it's in your bloodstream it is all the exact same molecule regardless of how it got there, the delivery method notwithstanding.

Bioidentical HRT has all the exact same problems as synthetic HRT. It's still HRT either way...

You can call me a nitpicker but the OP asked about TRT not HRT and they are not the same thing, Yes they may both be therapies that are replacing hormones but the commonly accepted definition for TRT describes Testosterone replacement only at it's most basic level and could be expanded to include ancillaries like Aromatase Inhibitors and HCG at the outside. HRT involves a deeper level of management of hormones and using the term "bioidentical" begins to have some meaning in that realm when describing combinations and ratios of different hormones. It's still not more than a marketing term though, as I said above you are talking about a molecule that either is or is not "substance X".

Nothing wrong with what you said in your post by the way but I think the terminology carries an important distinction.

TRT is HRT. It's a type of HRT.

Hormone Replacement Therapy.

T is a hormone. It is being replaced in the therapy.

It's HRT.

TRT is HRT. It's a type of HRT.

Hormone Replacement Therapy.

T is a hormone. It is being replaced in the therapy.

It's HRT.

I said pretty much all of that didn't I? The terms are not synonymous.

Do you have some reading comprehension issues or just some deep seated need to be correct, at least in your own mind, about your views?

Last edited:
I said pretty much all of that didn't I? The terms are not synonymous.

Do you have some reading comprehension issues or just some deep seated need to be correct, at least in your own mind, about your views?

So you nitpicked (your term not mine), I clarified, and you moved forward to personal attacks.

Did it occur to you that the words you wrote, quoted above, apply more to yourself than to me?

I'm not sure if this was directed at me as no one was quoted but if it was I'm old enough to be your dad. Why do you ask?

It was to the TS.

And why did you answer without answering?

Old enough to be my dad? Haha wtf

It was to the TS.

Well I did answer :) 54 if you need an exact number. That's old enough to be ur dad isn't it? lol

Last edited:
So you nitpicked (your term not mine), I clarified, and you moved forward to personal attacks.

Did it occur to you that the words you wrote, quoted above, apply more to yourself than to me?

No it didn't occur to me because it's not the case.
You posted something off base, I clarified. Then I asked the question seeking to understand your motivation for basically repeating what I said. Then I took a guess at what it was.

Your post seemed to be more of a rebuff than a clarification due to it's bluntness. If it had started with something like "To clarify...." or " So you are saying..." then i may have taken it differently.

No personal attack intended, just being direct as you were. I guess your reply must have irritated me slightly so I absolutely see how it could read that way though, sorry if you took that way.

No it didn't occur to me because it's not the case.
You posted something off base, I clarified. Then I asked the question seeking to understand your motivation for basically repeating what I said. Then I took a guess at what it was.

Your post seemed to be more of a rebuff than a clarification due to it's bluntness. If it had started with something like "To clarify...." or " So you are saying..." then i may have taken it differently.

No personal attack intended, just being direct as you were. I guess your reply must have irritated me slightly so I absolutely see how it could read that way though, sorry if you took that way.

To clarify, "Bioidentical TRT" is a form of "Bioidentical HRT". Bioidentical HRT has the issues I outlined above. There's no reason to be emotionally attached to that distinction when it does not alter the issues outlined above.

In short, bioidentical is bullshit you're taking hormones either way. Is it a cleaner source of those hormones? That's arguable both in terms of the agents used and the pharmacy filling it.

The agents used, dosage used, and pharmacy or company that produced it (and their QC program and regulatory burden) are the important part. Important after diagnosis and pre treatment lab data.

It was to the TS.

He's in his 70s bro take it easy.

To clarify, "Bioidentical TRT" is a form of "Bioidentical HRT". Bioidentical HRT has the issues I outlined above. There's no reason to be emotionally attached to that distinction when it does not alter the issues outlined above.

Using the incorrect term could might not alter the issues for you but it could give a false sense of what is being discussed to someone with less knowledge. Essentially repeating what had already been said added nothing to the conversation besides leading to the revelation of your sensitive side.
There is also no reason to be emotionally sensitive to someone asking what your motivation is for repeating what was already posted is there? Yet here we are, and you are doing it again

In short, bioidentical is bullshit you're taking hormones either way. Is it a cleaner source of those hormones? That's arguable both in terms of the agents used and the pharmacy filling it.

The agents used, dosage used, and pharmacy or company that produced it (and their QC program and regulatory burden) are the important part. Important after diagnosis and pre treatment lab data.

He's in his 70s bro take it easy.
Is that a personal attack? :(

How old are you?
Just turned 40 and noticing the decline...especially in recovery and energy. I am still on the fence about trt, as I have read a lot of negatives perhaps some are myth but the seed still planted in my mind....

e.g. I dont want heart issues etc.

Appreciate all the information BTW, something like this will likely be a life long choice if I start it so need to be as educated as possible. I did go into the clinic...but the Doctor seemed like he was trying to sell me a used car, so now looking for another clinic with a more balance consultation.

Back