BJ Penn (2008-2009) vs Khabib

Would rather seen 2008 BJ Penn vs 2021 Dustin Poirer.

Khabib would be too much.

The general consensus every one has is BJ would absolutely destroy khabib, round 1 rnc.

only khabib fans and bj haters say otherwise.

Stylistically BJ presents an interesting puzzle for Khabib.

BJ's cardio and size disadvantage tells me Khabib finishes him in the second though.

Bj was by far the more complete fighter but Khabib mauls him en route to a 4th rd TKO.

Khabib would score a 10-9 round 1, 10-8 round 2, and either a 10-8 round 3 or a finish in round 3 (and if no finish in round 3 then a finish in round 4).

The general consensus every one has is BJ would absolutely destroy khabib, round 1 rnc.

only khabib fans and bj haters say otherwise.
I think it happens during the stare down

BJ was great but Khabib is way too big/strong and would overpower him.

Khabib is also more vicious with his GNP that BJ would get wrecked.

BJ was a beast back in his prime but Khabib is a whole different animal.

That era BJ could use his jab to keep Khabib from getting too close to secure a TD. He was pinpint accurate with that jab, and he had a heavy jab that kept people off balance. And even if Khabib managed to get close, BJ had a crazy agility and TD defense. But if it did hit the ground, I'd take Khabib at that point. BJ was tricky on the ground but it was usually from top position, and I don't think he ever fought anybody like Khabib on the ground, except maybe GSP.

It's a toss up. BJ bashes him on the feet and doesn't make any TD easy. But if Khabib manages to get the TD it's his fight to win.

Of course recency bias is going to favor Khabib, but I think a lot of people forget how hard prime BJ was to take down at 155. His boxing was much better than Khabib, too.

All that said , Khabib outworks and wears him down for a late round stoppage or decision. I do think Bj takes a few rounds.

Last edited:
Back