BJJ Gis for the Tall and Skinny

I've found according to the size chart that even those brands don't handle me well enough. I decided to lift weights and bulk up until I could fit properly in the slim sizes.

Edit: And turns out the Gorilla A4SS size seems to do me perfectly, I might have to go ahead and order that.

Last edited:
I have the gorilla slim in the gold weave, haven't tried the crystal. The gold weave is an awesome gi though.

Newaza Nation also makes slim sizes

Excellent! Do you happen to know what size dress shirts you wear?

It took me a second figure out why you wanted to know that :rolleyes: I have no idea, btw. I haven't had to wear a nice dress shirt in a while.

I include measurements in all my reviews so you should be able to tell if it will fit. Check out some of my old reviews and if there's a measurement I don't normally do that you think would be useful let me know.

Did you get the Pe da Pano gi? I pre ordered mine buy have yet to grapple in it yet, thing is almost too beautiful to ruin with training.

Did you get the Pe da Pano gi? I pre ordered mine buy have yet to grapple in it yet, thing is almost too beautiful to ruin with training.

I have a white stamp and love it. Not sure if there are the same cut but the fits like it was tailored

Last edited:
GFG makes quality gis. I have an apeman gold weave that is still in my rotation. Their A3 is literally perfect for me. I don't like the star on the chest on the new ones or i'd consider picking one of them up.

I'm not exactly tall and not exactly skinny but i fall into these between size gi sizes. I buy smaller and make sure to never shrink in wash. I must have short legs and arms bc I regularly buy gis listed for 5'8" and smaller and I'm 6'1" 185ish (but moving down to 175). Bull Terrier and Tatami are ones that fit well at A2 despite suggesting A3 to me.

I ordered a HCK in a size 5.75. It's a great fit. Look at them if you're looking for a slim fitting gi. I'm 6'3 180 and the gi fits like it was tailor made.

Back