Bjj Or Ju Jitsu?

oh you silly silly men, you must love, respect, and cherish the heelhook!!!!

BrandeisBJJ said:
Leg locks are totally cheap ass moves, and getting one proves you have no skill whatsoever.

I know you meant to post this in the MMA forum seeing as how that's one of the dumbest fucking things you could possibly post.

I got a little confused the other night when talking to someone who does Ju Jitsu. I said I've just started doing a bit of BJJ. The other guy said, yes I do Ju Jitsu also. I said, no I think Brazilian Ju Jitsu is alot different, he said no, its the same, and I thought....haven't got a clue as I know nothing about normal Ju Jitsu. Can anyone help me put an end to this?

Thanks

You can learn Japanese jiu jitsu from a Brazilian in Brazil without it being Brazilian jiu-jitsu jitsu. Learning bjj from a Japanese man in Japan is another matter altogether.

Japanese jujitsu does striking throws and ground work in Japan.

Akihro Gono who moved from Japanese Jujutsu to the UFC is the best example of modern JJJ. What we know as Sambo minus the bears and Vodka.

American martial arts are crap, because we are the laziest, fattest industrialized country more interested in eating Cheeto's and playing COD.

So unless you are lucky enough to find a legit immigrant martial arts lineage or like training BJJ, most of the stuff will suck compared to training the art in it's country of origin.

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Some arts are practised by people who don't have legs at all.

You are quickly becoming my favorite poster on Sherdog. I like how you're staying on top of the important issues.

What's better: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, NoGi Jiu Jitsu, Wolfman Combatives, or Gracie Jiu Jitsu?

What's better: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, NoGi Jiu Jitsu, Wolfman Combatives, or Gracie Jiu Jitsu?

None of the above. Real answer is yellow bamboo.

I got a little confused the other night when talking to someone who does Ju Jitsu. I said I've just started doing a bit of BJJ. The other guy said, yes I do Ju Jitsu also. I said, no I think Brazilian Ju Jitsu is alot different, he said no, its the same, and I thought....haven't got a clue as I know nothing about normal Ju Jitsu. Can anyone help me put an end to this?

Thanks
i do kosen jujitsu which is not a jjj style from japan but kosen judo + karate + aikido though some of the things in it were learned in japan by the grandmaster i believe. if you look it up it was originally a war art. if he doesn't even do striking its just a grappling art with a nice name. to be frank if a real unaltered jjj style exists i doubt anyone but a very high ranking japanese person can learn it from a real master.

doesn't really matter though let him call it what he wants its all about techniques anyway. i like to call my style jjj but really it would probaly be more accurate to call it american jujitsu.

EDIT just realized i responed to a twelve year old thread somebody revived... wahtever

i do kosen jujitsu which is not a jjj style from japan but kosen judo + karate + aikido though some of the things in it were learned in japan by the grandmaster i believe. if you look it up it was originally a war art. if he doesn't even do striking its just a grappling art with a nice name. to be frank if a real unaltered jjj style exists i doubt anyone but a very high ranking japanese person can learn it from a real master.

doesn't really matter though let him call it what he wants its all about techniques anyway. i like to call my style jjj but really it would probaly be more accurate to call it american jujitsu.

EDIT just realized i responed to a twelve year old thread somebody revived... wahtever

Kosen judo is not a thing.

Back