Opinion (Update: released) Black police groups call for ex-Black Panther jailed for 48 years to be released

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
“A coalition of current and retired Black police officers is calling for the release on parole of Sundiata Acoli, a former Black Panther member who has been incarcerated for 48 years for the 1973 murder of a New Jersey state trooper.

Four Black law enforcement groups have joined forces to press the case for Acoli’s parole almost half a century after he was arrested. In an amicus brief filed with the New Jersey supreme court, they call his continued imprisonment “an affront to racial justice” and accuse the parole board of violating the law by repeatedly refusing to set the prisoner free.”

here is the crime (from the guardian):

Acoli, who was born Clark Edward Squire, was given a life sentence in 1974 for the murder of New Jersey state trooper Werner Foerster the previous year. Acoli had been driving along the New Jersey Turnpike together with two other members of the Black Liberation Army, Assata Shakur (born JoAnne Chesimard) and Zayd Malik Shakur (James Costan) when they were stopped by a state trooper, James Harper, over a defective taillight.

In the ensuing melee, shots were fired. Foerster was struck with four bullets and died, and Zayd Malik Shakur was also killed. Harper was wounded, and both Acoli and Assata Shakur were arrested after a police chase.

trooper-werner-foerster.jpg

More from the paper today: It’s time to free Black revolutionaries from US prisons

It is easy for Americans to understand and support Black revolutionaries in other contexts, whether foreign or cinematic. Nelson Mandela, for example, is revered by many Americans. Yet Mandela was hardly different from his American counterparts. He co-founded uMkhonto we Sizwe (Spear of the Nation), an armed group that engaged in bombing campaigns and targeted attacks across South Africa, killing dozens of police, soldiers and civilians in the process. Despite the efforts of the US government, which tried to prop up the apartheid government of South Africa for much of its history, most Americans now understand that the regime was indefensibly premised on segregation and racial violence.

How difficult is it to understand the same for the US for most if not all of the 20th century?

I’m a hardliner, for the most part. Killing a cop is life in prison and/or execution. But then I see other other struggles, some of which were armed, and I wonder — is my American bias showing?

What do you guys believe: can a person be forgiven after 40+ years, let out into society?

———— Update ————

He has been released.

Sundiata Acoli, 85, the oldest former member of the Black Panthers still to be incarcerated for acts of violence during the 1970s Black liberation struggle, is finally to be released from prison after the New Jersey supreme court ruled that he was no longer a risk to public safety.

Acoli has been held captive for more than 49 years for the May 1973 shooting of New Jersey state trooper Werner Foerster. He was found guilty the following year and sentenced to life plus 24 to 35 years.

Last edited:
Considering his cunt hair of a partner, assante shukar, is hiding in Cuba after escaping, fuck this guy. This is not an affront to “racial justice” and killing a cop should be a life sentence. Hell, I am generally not in favor of releasing cold blooded murderers in almost all cases. Fuck the so called officers in that group that are trying to make this a racial issue. I want to know how many white
Cop killers they are fighting to free. They can eat a bowl of cold dick soup

And look at the article that calls for celebration of “black august” a so called honoring of black “freedom fighters” such as these gems

“The elder Jackson brother, George Jackson, was a Marxist-Leninist theorist and organizer who was killed by guards while leading a prison uprising. The younger Jackson, Jonathan Jackson, was shot and killed while trying to kidnap a judge and prosecutor from a California courthouse.”

This is who they want to honor? The article later memorializes antonio martin, a so called martyr murdered by police. What they fail to mention is that martin pulled a gun on officers before they shot him. This is corroborated by video and witnesses. In the aftermath of the shooting, of course protesting and rioting ensued and a man set 4 fires and burned down a convenient store and looted the place. The article calls him a political prisoner as well because he caught 8 years for that. They claim the nation owes these freedom fighters their freedom.

That’s why movements like this should be treated like the joke they are. They hold high complete shitbirds as their heroes and martyrs that kill police officers and claim it is self defense or justified because they are fighting a racist system that murders them in their homes. Oddly enough, like all these movements, they will never recognize or address the elephant in the room which is violence within their own.

I'm super liberal like Bernie not left enough but you kill someone is eye for an eye (like Bernies Tora BTW) He shouldnt be breathing let alone walking the streets.

Again another really low-IQ grandstanding over another piece of shit person.
May he and the likes of him rot in jail or in hell, no society on earth needs these kind of “revolutionaries” and to be honest they’d be better off dead.

Seems like a strange thing for a police group to be demanding. I wonder how long the serving officers have left until their retirement, not long I imagine.

If this shit head is their idea of a freedom fighter then why are they even cops. I know I would never want or would be partnered with one of them and never trust one to back me up.

Here are the groups calling for their release

The four groups that have jointly written the amicus brief are: the National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice, Blacks in Law Enforcement of America, the Black Police Experience and the Grand Council of Guardians. I will look them up and show my support

Meh. Most of the black revolutionaries were communists, marxists, and agents. Not so concerned personally. You lay with the devil you might wake up with herpes.

“A coalition of current and retired Black police officers is calling for the release on parole of Sundiata Acoli, a former Black Panther member who has been incarcerated for 48 years for the 1973 murder of a New Jersey state trooper.

Four Black law enforcement groups have joined forces to press the case for Acoli’s parole almost half a century after he was arrested. In an amicus brief filed with the New Jersey supreme court, they call his continued imprisonment “an affront to racial justice” and accuse the parole board of violating the law by repeatedly refusing to set the prisoner free.”

here is the crime (from the guardian):

trooper-werner-foerster.jpg

More from the paper today: It’s time to free Black revolutionaries from US prisons

I’m a hardliner, for the most part. Killing a cop is life in prison and/or execution. But then I see other other struggles, some of which were armed, and I wonder — is my American bias showing?

What do you guys believe: can a person be forgiven after 40+ years, let out into society?
You take away somebody else’s most basic right you forfeit your own.

Considering his cunt hair of a partner, assante shukar, is hiding in Cuba after escaping, fuck this guy. This is not an affront to “racial justice” and killing a cop should be a life sentence. Hell, I am generally not in favor of releasing cold blooded murderers in almost all cases. Fuck the so called officers in that group that are trying to make this a racial issue. I want to know how many white
Cop killers they are fighting to free. They can eat a bowl of cold dick soup

Are you implying that killing a cop is worse than killing somebody else or am I just reading too much into your comment. It seems that it is equally terrible to me.

Back