Blizzard/Activision, how far will they fall?

As a lawyer that very last sentence irks me “we need legal representation that centers on the concerns of our current employees rather than investors”

That law firm is not there to give the employees legal representation at all, period. If the workers want legal representation then they should unionize and then the union can hire its own lawyers to represent their interests. Alternatively they can explore class action proceedings and hire their own legal counsel to represent the class of plaintiffs. But acting like a law firm that’s there to do an independent third party audit is somehow there to represent their interests is naive and misguided.

As a lawyer that very last sentence irks me “we need legal representation that centers on the concerns of our current employees rather than investors”

That law firm is not there to give the employees legal representation at all, period. If the workers want legal representation then they should unionize and then the union can hire its own lawyers to represent their interests. Alternatively they can explore class action proceedings and hire their own legal counsel to represent the class of plaintiffs. But acting like a law firm that’s there to do an independent third party audit is somehow there to represent their interests is naive and misguided.

you think the trigglypuffs that work there know that?

shit, you think that ANY SJWs know that?

Man this thread keeps on finding new relevance

RIP Blizzard

Raid Shadow Legends.

How the hell does that game have such a large advertising budget? I see it constantly. Latest one I saw was a corny ass ad showing off Ninja being added as a character and he couldn't have come cheap. Is it that popular?

All this Activision/Blizzard news is crazy and very, very embarrassing. Booze crawls at work? Guess this is what happens when a bunch of nerds get a lot of money.

Siege picked up the OWL caster MonteCristo

Me, this morning - "Things can't possibly get worse for Blizzard, right?"

This evening -

The thing I have to keep remembering is that the appeal of Diablo IV is based completely on my memory of Diablo II. I'm seeing footage and my mind is thinking about the gameplay of Diablo II, which makes the soul salivate. But the reality is even if none of the devs had left, Diablo IV was always going to be a washed up piece of shit like every Blizzard game that's come out since 2009-2010.

I think I've mentioned this before but Wrath was like the turning point. As much as I loved it, it was terrible compared to BC. StarCraft II, as much as I love the multiplayer, had absolute shit campaigns, all three of them.

So that means the last amazing output from Blizzard was in January 2007. Since then, it's been Diablo III which was shit. Even at its best, it's boring. Just something you do while you listen to a podcast. The story was fucking awful. I don't know if I've explained why the Diablo lore is so creepy and amazing but if I have, then you know that Diablo III doesn't have it. Overwatch was shit. Made specifically to get another competitive piece of software out there for Koreans to fawn over and have tournaments with. All three SCII campaigns shit. Every WoW expansion starting with Cata is shit. Every single expansion reduced the difference between the Horde and the Alliance. A gnome death knight is fucking stupid. A Tauran death knight is stupid. All their cinematics started becoming fucking retarded and pandering, where they would just make everyone feel like everything is equally awesome.

So yeah, Blizzard has been shit for well over ten years. So when we see something like this, it's important not to get too sad-- this isn't exactly lost potential. Diablo IV was never going to be good.

let that shit company finally fucking die the death is deserves.

let that shit company finally fucking die the death is deserves.
You guys are off the reservation if you believe one of the core companies that belongs to the biggest gaming company in the US & Europe is going to "die" from dumb woke shit like this.

Careers are ending. The power paradigm within the larger merged parent company is changing. It was a merger. Thirteen years later, and now it's more like it had been an acquisition. The suits at Activision have almost completely devoured the suits from Vivendi.

You guys are off the reservation if you believe one of the core companies that belongs to the biggest gaming company in the US & Europe is going to "die" from dumb woke shit like this.

Careers are ending. The power paradigm within the larger merged parent company is changing. It was a merger. Thirteen years later, and now it's more like it had been an acquisition. The suits at Activision have almost completely devoured the suits from Vivendi.
their games have been dogshit since 2007. blizzard has lost 50% of revenue. it would take a miracle for them to comeback and make a good game. COD is carrying activision hard.

not to mention their biggest 3 leads just left

their games have been dogshit since 2007. blizzard has lost 50% of revenue. it would take a miracle for them to comeback and make a good game. COD is carrying activision hard.

not to mention their biggest 3 leads just left
From Mar-2020 to Mar-2021 Activision-Blizzard's revenue was up 33% YOY. I don't know where you're getting that Blizzard is losing money. They don't share that information, and even as MAUs have declined for certain games, they've reported increases in overall revenue that are not offset even accounting for Activison's reported IP revenue increases. MAUs are down from a peak of 38m in 2018 (years after predictions of Blizzard's demise had already been underway)-- to 26m. That's a huge bleed, but no company with 26m active users is going to liquidate.

Bear in mind 26m active monthly users is more than their total during the Wrath of the Lich King era or earlier: their supposed golden age. They'll reform it, but these aren't numbers that should cause anyone to expect companies to get dumped. Expect more of the same: personnel shuffling, restructuring, the parent company dictating changes in strategies and monetization that aren't transparent to us.

The only possible way I see them selling Blizzard would be to package the division and its IPs (not the studio infrastructure or other assets) in a multi-billion sale to some Chinese company. Think about it. It's not like they depend on the games to subsist as a company. So, even if the games were bleeding money, they aren't in a position where they must flip that, find a buyer, or file for bankruptcy. They'd just kill the games. Because, even then, even if running the games cost them more than the revenue they earned, those games still hold tremendous value. The IP alone is worth many billions. The Chinese are fucking batshit bonkers about World of Warcraft. The IP for World of Warcraft by itself has the potential for monetization in China similar to what Star Wars has in the US/Europe. This is the largest economy in the world, and it's outgrowing all other major economies every year, particularly among the growing middle class who consume greater amounts of entertainment. Disney shelled out $4bn just for the rights to that universe, and they made out like bandits.

Warcraft was one of the biggest flops ever in the West, yet is still the 39th highest grossing film in Chinese history. It's a movie made in English without any Chinese actors. Only eleven other movies in history made more in China than can claim that:
  1. Marvel's Avengers: Endgame
  2. The Fate of the Furious
  3. Furious 7
  4. Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War
  5. Aquaman
  6. Transformers: Age of Extinction
  7. Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron
  8. Avatar
  9. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
  10. Transformers: The Last Knight
  11. Zootopia

“Dumb woke shit” you are such trash lol.

Back