Bloodborne v4 Update: 60fps Patch

So this crazy bounty has been issued. $1,000 to the first three people to beat all DLC bosses in NG+6 with every right hand weapon at minimum stats required (ie, BL4 or similar).

No runes, buffs or chalice gems (except for the Milkweed rune which is needed for the Kos Parashite to work properly). Main game gems are fine but the only farming allowed is for rapid poison gems from the ball and chain enemies (Mergo's Attendants or something). This will be insanely hard.

Some asshole will pull it off using a Guitar Hero guitar as his controller.

Let’s be honest though the level design took a huge dive off the cliff after Anor Londo, Dark Souls 1 is only great for the first half.
What was so bad about the entire second half? The demon ruins and lost Izalith May have been weak but I thought the other areas were great. New Londo was great, the Dukes Archive was really good, the cave was decent. The Giants tomb was decent and the last portion was great. Yeah they dead ended, But it is getting to them was still good. So that would mean like 1/10 th of the map dropped off a Cliff.

What was so bad about the entire second half? The demon ruins and lost Izalith May have been weak but I thought the other areas were great.
New londo was meh, dukes archive I didn’t care for, demon ruins, lost Izalith and giants tomb were all trash.

What was so bad about the entire second half? The demon ruins and lost Izalith May have been weak but I thought the other areas were great. New Londo was great, the Dukes Archive was really good, the cave was decent. The Giants tomb was decent and the last portion was great. Yeah they dead ended, But it is getting to them was still good. So that would mean like 1/10 th of the map dropped off a Cliff.

Thought seeing Ash Lake and Lost Izalith from Giants Tomb was very cool.

I just started a new playthrough last nigh coming from playing Sekiro and Nioh 2 back to back.

Gameplay is definitely clunkier than both above games, and much slower, but after just a few minutes i was used to it and back on the hunt again. I don't feel like 30fps is an issue at all.

This is From Software's best universe imo, its so fun to play in it. The level design, music, and overall look and feel is great.

Using the Threaded Cane this go around

Digital Foundry was able to get Lance McDonald’s frame unlock up and running on the PS5 which delivers true 60 FPS. They also ran the footage through an AI upscaler to get it to 4K. Really incredible to think of the potential this game still has.

Digital Foundry was able to get Lance McDonald’s frame unlock up and running on the PS5 which delivers true 60 FPS. They also ran the footage through an AI upscaler to get it to 4K. Really incredible to think of the potential this game still has.

That looks amazing. I'm playing it again right now and the stuttering is worse than I remember. Some serious frame rate issues in places. Hopefully videos like this put enough pressure on From to finally get it patched.

Finally beat Orphan last night at BL4 with the axe. I was stuck on that fight for at least a month. It was so painful that I started another axe run and ended up with two characters stuck on Orphan. lol
I had to throw in the towel long ago on BL4 Orphan. It’s just too much. Why do you go with the axe?

I had to throw in the towel long ago on BL4 Orphan. It’s just too much. Why do you go with the axe?
I've probably done 25+ BL4s with the saw cleaver so I decided to try it with the axe and cane. Just Laurence, Gehrman and Moon left for the axe and then I can start on the cane.

I also want to do another BL4 chalice run but I was hoping to save that for the PS5. Waiting for loading screens is almost the worst part of these runs.

You should try Orphan again some time. He's a lot of fun once you finally figure him out. I'm actually going through mini withdrawals today because I don't have to fight him again tonight and I kinda want to. lol

As always I’m late to this party, but just got Bloodborne this week. Absolutely loving it so far.

Stumbled across the Cleric Beast and beat him a lot easier than I did Iudex Gundyr in DS3. I suck at dodging but I’m starting to get better. Father Gascoigne was intense and a little frustrating with the graves getting in my way.

Something about this game clicks with me better than DS3 as I still struggle without a shield. I think it’s the quickstep making it more fluid.

So I don't think I've played since shortly after the dlc came out and I beat it but for some reason I decided to play again and choose to do a skill build. Man the Threaded cane is ass at the beginning. I miss the axe already.

So I don't think I've played since shortly after the dlc came out and I beat it but for some reason I decided to play again and choose to do a skill build. Man the Threaded cane is ass at the beginning. I miss the axe already.
Yeah the cane really sucks early game. The axe is fantastic. It's painfully slow against some bosses but I love the hit on it and the combinations you can put together.

Back