Bo Could Beat Izzy

mmajacked4

Freedom Fighter
@Blue
Reaction score
Bo Nickal could beat Izzy right now. Convince me that he couldn’t! The dudes wrestling pedigree speaks for itself, he’s been training at ATT for years, his wrestling style translates to MMA so well, and his speed and explosiveness is next level.

I truly believe he could beat Izzy today. That’s scary, as he is 2-0 and will only get better.

Bo may become the biggest phenom of this generation of fighters.

If I’m out of my mind please let me know, logically, how I’m wrong.

I just can’t see Izzy stopping his take down

As crazy as it sounds, I actually agree.
But of course Dana can't even offer him a contract lol
I get what he’s doing though. Giving him one more fight in the contender series for experience.

min not the guy who jumps on bandwagons and is unreasonable with fights and fighters. I’ve been a fan since 2006, and been training (mainly BJJ) since 2008.

I actually think he would win

I still don't understand why people think Izzy's TDD is not top tier at 185. He can dictate and control distance through his size and reach which allows him to see takedown attempts incoming while being incredibly strong. He uses leverage, timing, strength and cage awareness to stop takedown threats. This is proven.

In theory you would think Bo could based off of his resume alone, but collegiate wrestling credentials don't always translate to MMA and it's been proven countless times, so automatically assuming it would happen is almost naive.

OP seems like wishful thinking more than reality. Possibly in the future, but it seems highly unlikely as things stand.

Experience matters and despite collegiate accolades, plenty of guys have failed to capture a UFC title - Askren, Munoz, Phil Davis, Koscheck just to name a few.

Whether he could beat Izzy or not, I seriously doubt he could make it to a title shot if you dropped him in the bottom of the top 15 and made him climb the ladder by winning 4 straight fights inside 18 months, ya know? So it doesn't really matter. Guys like Muniz, Whittaker, Brunson, Gastelum...He's not ready. I think Khamzat could potentially beat Izzy at 185 too but I don't give him much of a shot vs Rob. Bo Nickals and Dalton Rosta are the best MW prospects in MMA right now by far, can't wait to see where they go and how they develop. I even believe more in Dalton at this point than Nickals.

SardonicJadedAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

You are getting wayyyyy ahead of yourself.

Maybe in time, but there have been wrestlers with a better pedigree than Bo who have transitioned to MMA, but were not successful. Ed Ruth is one of the greatest college wrestlers of all time, and while good, he wasn't in the top 50 fighters in his weight class.

Kos and Randleman were also multiple time national champions, but fell short of winning a title in MMA (and yes, I know Randleman won the HW title, but he never defended, and it was against very light competition).

Let's see what Bo does in his next few fights... then maybe we can discuss how he would do in the UFC.

An American-born fighter winning a title in 2022? Hahahahaha

He beat Russian National champions and Ivan Yargin champions at wrestling as an American, who's to say? It's nice to see some really good American prospects rising up again like Aaron Pico, AJ McKee, Bo Nickals, Dalton Rosta, Sean Brady.

Anything can happen. You should be asking if he can beat Alex as Izzy is getting slept and won’t be champ.

I get what he’s doing though. Giving him one more fight in the contender series for experience.

min not the guy who jumps on bandwagons and is unreasonable with fights and fighters. I’ve been a fan since 2006, and been training (mainly BJJ) since 2008.

I actually think he would win
Oh yeah, you are NOT the guy to jump on a bandwagon.

You are getting wayyyyy ahead of yourself.

Maybe in time, but there have been wrestlers with a better pedigree than Bo who have transitioned to MMA, but were not successful. Ed Ruth is one of the greatest college wrestlers of all time, and while good, he wasn't in the top 50 fighters in his weight class.

Kos and Randleman were also multiple time national champions, but fell short of winning a title in MMA (and yes, I know Randleman won the HW title, but he never defended, and it was against very light competition).

Let's see what Bo does in his next few fights... then maybe we can discuss how he would do in the UFC.
To be fair though, it wasn't the wrestling aspect that failed Ruth. (and he still had a good career in MMA).
Ruth showed that you can still go far with seemingly a weak chin and shoddy submission defense.
Within 2 years of his first pro fight, Ruth was in a Bellator WW GP
If Nickal has more chin/cardio, there are certain top fighters he could be a problem for.

I still don't understand why people think Izzy's TDD is not top tier at 185. He can dictate and control distance through his size and reach which allows him to see takedown attempts incoming while being incredibly strong. He uses leverage, timing, strength and cage awareness to stop takedown threats. This is proven.

In theory you would think Bo could based off of his resume alone, but collegiate wrestling credentials don't always translate to MMA and it's been proven countless times, so automatically assuming it would happen is almost naive.

OP seems like wishful thinking more than reality. Possibly in the future, but it seems highly unlikely as things stand.

Experience matters and despite collegiate accolades, plenty of guys have failed to capture a UFC title - Askren, Munoz, Phil Davis, Koscheck just to name a few.
He made Marvin's wrestling look so bad. Even reversed him a couple times.
I think it's possible (maybe) Izzy could wrestlefu** Perreria if he chooses that route.

Back