Bo Could Beat Izzy

Do you really think he could stop the take down if shot ASAP?
We've seen Adesanya stuff TDs, but we haven't seen Bo eat a solid shot. Kinda like Brock... what happened when he can't get the takedown?

Don't ignore the obvious to try and push a narrative. Dude's got a ton of potential, but he's got a lot of work ahead of him(and I hope he only gets better)

So could I but Bo will get wrestle-raped by Khazmat if he ever makes it to the title

If I’m out of my mind please let me know, logically, how I’m wrong.

I just can’t see Izzy stopping his take down
Bro, you double-posted after your own OP, smh nobody does that.
<JagsKiddingMe>

First he would Have to survive in the UFC and not get cut within 4 fights.

Izzy already beat Marvin and Brunson
I think They can wrestle a bit

But hey why not get some Replies with such a thread

I still don't understand why people think Izzy's TDD is not top tier at 185. He can dictate and control distance through his size and reach which allows him to see takedown attempts incoming while being incredibly strong. He uses leverage, timing, strength and cage awareness to stop takedown threats. This is proven.

In theory you would think Bo could based off of his resume alone, but collegiate wrestling credentials don't always translate to MMA and it's been proven countless times, so automatically assuming it would happen is almost naive.

OP seems like wishful thinking more than reality. Possibly in the future, but it seems highly unlikely as things stand.

Experience matters and despite collegiate accolades, plenty of guys have failed to capture a UFC title - Askren, Munoz, Phil Davis, Koscheck just to name a few.
Bo murders izzy in his debut and it’s not even up for debate. He’s arguably the most offensively varied wrestler in history and the only person who beat him is David fucking Taylor

There are levels to this shit and when Bo wins the title in a year you can bring this post back up

Until I see how he can take a punch, I'm not going to entertain fantasy matchups where he magically beats one of the top 10 P4P fighters in the world.

MMA has a LONG history of attracting some of the best wrestlers in the world - Olympic Champions (Kevin Jackson), World Champions, Multi-Time NCAA Champions... arguably, early MMA was defined by elite wrestlers who decided to try their hand at MMA.

What happened? Most never became champions. Wrestling serves as a great base, but it doesn't make a person impervious to getting hit, submitted etc. Being elite in one combat sport (wrestling, boxing, BJJ) doesn't inherently make you fantastic at MMA. How many times do we have to see a Blue Chip prospect come to MMA and underperform before we stop with these stupid declarations like the OP?

Out of the all time greats in MMA, none were world champions at any one sport (unless you count sambo). GSP, Jon Jones, Khabib, Silva, Fedor, DJ etc.

Literally lost to Paddy in his only ever UFC fight outside the Apex in his 12th pro fight lmaooooo.
Paddy has fought and/or main carded in big venues numerous times and has 2x the number of fights.
You still can't refute the facts can you? "Huge" lol. You're trying too hard hear Buddeh.

We've seen Adesanya stuff TDs, but we haven't seen Bo eat a solid shot. Kinda like Brock... what happened when he can't get the takedown?

Don't ignore the obvious to try and push a narrative. Dude's got a ton of potential, but he's got a lot of work ahead of him(and I hope he only gets better)
Izzy got taken down by journeyman Jan, shut up

Oh boy, the hype is already getting of hand. Sherdog loves to jump on them hype trains. Guy has loads of potential, but let’s let him get more than a few minutes of cage time before crowning him king.

"Huge" = Your words. I said legit, which I stand by. Leavitt is no joke and much more experienced than Paddy in the big leagues. Fact.
I challenge you to summon that brain power to actually use your words as to why you think Leavitt is legit lmao
Guy has never won in front of a crowd, let alone against someone legit.
Surely to be legit, he would have a legit win, right?
Best of luck bud.

Did not even mean to send that, hence incomplete sentence. I do think Bo has a much better style of wrestling for MMA tho and will do better.
With seemingly other fighting attributes that Ruth lacked.
And Ruth was still a threat.

Embarrassing post

Lol at comparing a mediocre NAIA level wrestler like Brunson to D1 Royalty in Bo Nickal… it’s like comparing Neymar to an MLS player, there’s levels to this.
Wrestlers don't have to worry about getting kneed in the face or taking an uppercut. Grappling is not the way now, it hasn't been for years. Elite strikers with TDD are going to rule the sport for quite a while now. The path to being a complete fighter is much easier for life long strikers than it is for grapplers. Grapplers aren't used to getting hit and it's a huge hurdle for them to overcome.

I challenge you to summon that brain power to actually use your words as to why you think Leavitt is legit lmao
Guy has never won in front of a crowd, let alone against someone legit.
Surely to be legit, he would have a legit win, right?
Best of luck bud.
Okay I'll play . Leavitt 10-2. Half his career in the UFC. 4-2 in the UFC. Fought MUCH higher level talent than Paddy has ever seen (Apex or not, it was still the pinnacle of sport (whispers...dumbass)). Paddy beats him in his third UFC fight. You, being a stubborn fool, refuse to accept that it was a legit win with the statement "It wasn't a HUGE win" and proceed to dismiss all logic following your very poorly framed argument. So there are some words for you. Also, your mom called and said to tell you that dinner is ready.

Lol. Both sides of the argument are ridiculous. To be sure of the outcome is ridiculous at this point as we haven’t seen enough of Bo.

But what we do know is that Bo has been training at ATT for 2-3 years and has 4 MMA fights, which he all dominated. He’s still very young and learning at a very high pace. He’s extremely fast and explosive, has KO power and BJJ skills to finish the fight once it hits the mat.

That being said, Izzy is extremely long, has incredible footwork and TDD mixed with a ability to counter punch to a KO anyone who bum rushes him.

As I always tend to favour the wrestler over the striker, I would go with 60/40 Bo beats Izzy right now. In 2-3 years that could go up to 70/30 even

Izzy got taken down by journeyman Jan, shut up
The champion that was a weightclass higher??

hahahaha, what a retarded example.

Quit embarrassing yourself, nerd

Back