Boar/Pig/Hog hunting calibers

How did he get that firearm in Australia. I hear it’s nearly impossible to get anything like that(semi auto) in that country.
It's really not. You just need a Cat C, Cat D or a collectors license to own Semi Auto rifles. Once you get outside of cities semi automatic is quite common to see generally to own it you have to be
a. A professional pest control shooter/hunter.
b. A primary producer (I.e Cattle farmer, farmers in general you get the gist) where you make more than $20,000.00 a year from that business.
There are other ways too, but those are the most common.
I myself have owned Sem

The common rhetoric is that there is barely any gun ownership in Australia, but in reality there are more guns in the country now than before our gun reform in 1996.

Edit: you may not have realized but I am Australian.

My .44 magnum broke and had to be sent back for repairs (Right cartridge guide snapped). Should be back in a few weeks. I was sad so I bought this. Still waiting on my approval for the .223 lmao. Now I've gotta wait for this one as well.
marlin.jpg

Boar hunting with a 30 30 lever iron sight is my dream. Maybe it will happen soon but everything hunting related is super complicated where I live....
I've killed a few with the 30-30 I bought my dad. It's a Mossberg 464 iron sights but an unpopular lever action. I don't have any issues with it, but I've always wanted a Marlin. Only problem is we've done our job a bit to well. There aren't many pigs left out there. We've eradicated most of them.

I wasn't sure about how much clearance I'd have with the 56mm Low Light scope, and I probably could have gone lower than the 1.3inch height rings. But eye lines up fine. It's only a .223 so I'm not worried about the cheek weld so much.
.223.png

I wasn't sure about how much clearance I'd have with the 56mm Low Light scope, and I probably could have gone lower than the 1.3inch height rings. But eye lines up fine. It's only a .223 so I'm not worried about the cheek weld so much.
View attachment 942144

My experience has been more positive with higher sights.

I've killed a few with the 30-30 I bought my dad. It's a Mossberg 464 iron sights but an unpopular lever action. I don't have any issues with it, but I've always wanted a Marlin. Only problem is we've done our job a bit to well. There aren't many pigs left out there. We've eradicated most of them.
What is the maximum distance you are comfortable with a 30 30 (in open sights I presume) for boar hunting?

What is the maximum distance you are comfortable with a 30 30 (in open sights I presume) for boar hunting?
Off the shoulder maybe 100m in an open area on a larger boar. If I have something to rest the gun against to keep it steady maybe 150 but anything past that the front blade is going to be covering a lot of the target. But I rarely shoot at distances past the 20 - 50m range. Where I'm hunting doesn't have a lot of wide open field.

My .44 magnum broke and had to be sent back for repairs (Right cartridge guide snapped). Should be back in a few weeks. I was sad so I bought this. Still waiting on my approval for the .223 lmao. Now I've gotta wait for this one as well.
View attachment 940879

I half considered putting the Romeo 5 red dot up on my Marlin 45-70

marin_model_1895_lever_action_rifle_-_1.jpg

What discourages me if how the adjustment knobs are ass-backwards from the direction they say, necessitating more shots to zero.

And more shots is the last goddamn thing I want with that 45-70, so maybe I'll leave it be!

I half considered putting the Romeo 5 red dot up on my Marlin 45-70

marin_model_1895_lever_action_rifle_-_1.jpg

What discourages me if how the adjustment knobs are ass-backwards from the direction they say, necessitating more shots to zero.

And more shots is the last goddamn thing I want with that 45-70, so maybe I'll leave it be!
Are you certain your Romeo is facing the correct way? <45>

.44 magnum back from repair. It cycles the Federal premium fine, but it seems to have an issue with the much cheaper Sellier and Bellot I seemed to have fixed the issue by simply no longer babying the lever, if I cycle it hard and fast it seems to have no issue with them. As I've bought the 30-30 now I have no issue in treating this gun rough now. I bought a Rossi made rifle because I wanted something that I wouldn't be upset about dropping, bouncing around in the back of the ute (truck), so I guess now it'll get treated that way.

.44 magnum back from repair. It cycles the Federal premium fine, but it seems to have an issue with the much cheaper Sellier and Bellot I seemed to have fixed the issue by simply no longer babying the lever, if I cycle it hard and fast it seems to have no issue with them.

Bell_ringer_masturbator.gif

Why risk dogs lives and waste time when I can just shoot them and humanely dispatch them in seconds.

In game of thrones the dragons eventually became the size of cats after being locked up and diminished.

Same thing is happening with the domestic dogs. Most sit in the house all day with no purpose in life….. yes it is risky but the actual casualty number in dogs is pretty low slim to none. But at least it gives them a purpose and a chance to improve their qualities and species as a whole.

Back