Bodybuilding/Fitness star>>>>modern UFC fighter...let me explain!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There is a YouTube bodybuilder who was an MMA fighter and he wasn't making it because of promoters being controlling and no real opportunities. This dude gets in to weight lifting and fitness. Now he has a supplement line, a following and is living life in a lucrative way.

Its like what the hell is the point of modern UFC?

Become a reebok slave?

Get shit talked by your promoter/opponent/their fans non stop?

Find out you got fired same way and same time as everyone else by going on the internet?

At least in the old UFC fighters could represent their sponsors, it gives them a sense of authenticity and control over their lives. It pertains to self respect and exercising creative control in which the modern era has NONE!

Main argument against this:

Don't like it, don't watch it!

My counter is: Someone needs to stand up for these guys and fight for their behalf. The level of exertion in effort in becoming a UFC fighter is hell of a lot harder than becoming a fitness star. That and injuries and all...

There was another unnamed guy who went into fitness/bodybuilding got raped by his photographer and died after taking a bad dose of Chris Benoit Steroids

OP mentions a youtuber who lifts and became famous, yet provides no link.

Im sure the guy OP is gonna link will get fucking destroyed in the regional circuit thus he decided not to post his channel.

Last edited:
Yeah the life of a fighter isn't easy and they don't get the respect/recognition they deserve.

Respect to the men and women that do it because you'd have to be a little insane and love it to want to make it as a career.

OP mentions youtuber who lifts and became famous, yet provides no link.

Im sure the guy OP is gonna link will get fucking destroyed in the regional circuit thus he decided not to post his channel.

Hit and run post.

Ogata was last seen:

Viewing thread Bodybuilding/Fitness star>>>>modern UFC fighter...let me explain!, 19 minutes ago

429251.jpg

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ogata, 20 minutes ago.

Bodybuilders have zero chance to succeed in mma as they've developed oversized muscles with little functional strength alongside non existing cardio and overall very low athletic ability.

Y’all must’ve been yammering on about me... I’m retired now and living comfortably off the fruits of my labor... I do appreciate your attention and affection, it makes me feel.... like I’m the subject of peoples envy.. and desirable

<mma4>

There was another unnamed guy who went into fitness/bodybuilding got raped by his photographer and died after taking a bad dose of Chris Benoit Steroids

Real talk?

Who was it?

Back