Bold Prediction: Kamaru Usman beats Tyron Woodley

Impressive streak of knockouts? Did I fall asleep for a few years? Is it 2021 and Woodley just went on a tear knocking fools out?
Woodley KO’ed a washed Lawler and that’s it in the last 5 years.

I actually think this will be Woodley's toughest match for a while.

I didn't really understand the hype around Darren Till, and that fight went how I expected.

I expected him to ko maia but he didn't. I thought hed wrestlefuck or ko Thompson the first time. The second time i thought hed learn from those fights and beat Thompson more convincingly. Let me down in both those fights too.

The interesting thing with usman is pressure. The last time we saw someone pressure Woodley was Rory. I dont think usman will stand at range and have a staring contest.

The only advantage Usman has is he's bigger.

I think you meant the 1st fight with BJ, where BJ faded after the first.

The second fight was more of a: 'take BJ down and beat him mercilessly until he quits' type of affair.

No. The second fight. GSP talked about it after the fight. He made BJ carry his weight to get the blood to go to BJs shoulders so that his striking wouldn't be as effective.

https://binged.it/2MQZeUe

Champion Tyron has given me no reason to doubt him. The only bad thing is the Nate KO, but I think it says a lot more about Nate than Tyron. Tyron wins by round 3 tko.
Nate also ko’ed Maia cold

dont think Kamaru has any chance but I would love to see him beating Woodley

There does not seem to be much excitement for this fight because most think it is a walk in the park for Woodley. That is far from the case.

Woodley (who is now 36 years old) has shown in previous fights a tendency to slow down significantly in later rounds. While Usman might not be the better wrestler, their wrestling will likely cancel eachother out and I think in a 5 round fight that Woodley will start to slow down significantly.

Usman just needs to keep the pressure and grapple as much as he can with Woodley. Woodley's massive arms will become slower and slower. His body will not be able to deliver oxygen to his muscles in the later rounds. Usman will then be able to pick him apart.

Don't let Woodley's (admittedly impressive) streak of highlight reel knockdowns and knockouts blind you. What will Woodley do if he can't get a KO and the pressure is on him for 3-4 rounds? He will gas. Usman is not an idiot... he isn't going to exchange fire with Woodley.

Have not seen the odds, I expect them to favor Woodley heavily. I would put some chump change on Usman.

I just don't see how Usman wins? His standup is less explosive, at best equally technical, and surely less powerful. I gotta feel Woodley is going to stuff any takedown Usman attempts. How does Usman win baring a extraordinary showing?

HorribleCompassionateIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif

Stunned by a step in left hand from Maia, if you replace that with a Woodley overhand things could go south

When Demian Maia lands cleans shots on you, you know you have holes in your standup.

If Woodley lands that Usman is going to have a bout of African Sleeping Sickness

There does not seem to be much excitement for this fight because most think it is a walk in the park for Woodley. That is far from the case.

Woodley (who is now 36 years old) has shown in previous fights a tendency to slow down significantly in later rounds. While Usman might not be the better wrestler, their wrestling will likely cancel eachother out and I think in a 5 round fight that Woodley will start to slow down significantly.

Usman just needs to keep the pressure and grapple as much as he can with Woodley. Woodley's massive arms will become slower and slower. His body will not be able to deliver oxygen to his muscles in the later rounds. Usman will then be able to pick him apart.

Don't let Woodley's (admittedly impressive) streak of highlight reel knockdowns and knockouts blind you. What will Woodley do if he can't get a KO and the pressure is on him for 3-4 rounds? He will gas. Usman is not an idiot... he isn't going to exchange fire with Woodley.

Have not seen the odds, I expect them to favor Woodley heavily. I would put some chump change on Usman.

I feel the same but I guess we will see soon.

Usman is easy work for Woodley. If it goes past the third round, consider it a moral victory for Kamaru.

Now Colby? That's a different story. Colby will be the one to dethrone Woodley, mark my words.

trying to wear Woodley down over a few rounds systematically plays too much into Woodley's waiting game style. Woodley will be able to pace himself better if it's a slower paced fight.

if Usman comes out fast and hard he can cause Woodley to blow a huge amount of energy in a single round forcing Usman's cardio advantage to come into play earlier in the fight.

Usman is easy work for Woodley. If it goes past the third round, consider it a moral victory for Kamaru.

Now Colby? That's a different story. Colby will be the one to dethrone Woodley, mark my words.

i don't know if Colby is the one to dethrone Woodley, but i definitely think his style has a better chance of wearing Woodley down quicker.

Usman will win this fight by mixing it up. Woodley's other opponents only tried to strike or grapple with him. Usman will be doing all of this with constant pressure.

Usman will win this fight by mixing it up. Woodley's other opponents only tried to strike or grapple with him. Usman will be doing all of this with constant pressure.

Marty is gonna get KO’d or UD’d.

<{cruzshake}>

HorribleCompassionateIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif

Stunned by a step in left hand from Maia, if you replace that with a Woodley overhand things could go south
Oh they most certainly will go SOUTH

No. The second fight. GSP talked about it after the fight. He made BJ carry his weight to get the blood to go to BJs shoulders so that his striking wouldn't be as effective.

https://binged.it/2MQZeUe

It's funny, it's that Rogan quote specifically about the blood going to his arms that keeps going through my head when i try to remember it.

Back