Bold Prediction: Kamaru Usman beats Tyron Woodley

tenor.gif

Woodley has no chance against Usman

He would definitely KO GSP though
Prime Woodley could KO anybody, you filthy casual. We've seen Usman get stunned by K1 Maia, slightly rocked by pillow hands Covington, and rocked by Burns.

Last edited:
Prime Woodley could KO anybody, you filthy casual. We've seen Usman get stunned by K1 Maia, slightly rocked by pillow hands Covington, and rocked by Burns.
Burns hits harder than any version of Bumley

Chael said Maia hit him harder than anyone, and Condit admitted a Maia jab rocked him lol

Damn, went digging in the graveyard for this bump.

I was rewatching a bunch of Usman fights and was curious how Sherdog was seeing this one going in.

It’s actually pretty hilarious how many times the Sherbums are so confidently wrong. One of these days I gotta bump the thread about Rose is total can and no one could possibly beat Joanna

Last edited:
I was rewatching a bunch of Usman fights and was curious how Sherdog was seeing this one going in.

It’s actually pretty hilarious how many times the Sherbums are so confidently wrong. One of these days I gotta bump the thread about Rose is total can and no one could possibly Joanna
It is funny how confident and arrogant people were about Woodley's abilities and chances against Usman. Usman basically ended Woodley's career.

Maia hits hard though. There, I said it.

There does not seem to be much excitement for this fight because most think it is a walk in the park for Woodley. That is far from the case.

Woodley (who is now 36 years old) has shown in previous fights a tendency to slow down significantly in later rounds. While Usman might not be the better wrestler, their wrestling will likely cancel eachother out and I think in a 5 round fight that Woodley will start to slow down significantly.

Usman just needs to keep the pressure and grapple as much as he can with Woodley. Woodley's massive arms will become slower and slower. His body will not be able to deliver oxygen to his muscles in the later rounds. Usman will then be able to pick him apart.

Don't let Woodley's (admittedly impressive) streak of highlight reel knockdowns and knockouts blind you. What will Woodley do if he can't get a KO and the pressure is on him for 3-4 rounds? He will gas. Usman is not an idiot... he isn't going to exchange fire with Woodley.

Have not seen the odds, I expect them to favor Woodley heavily. I would put some chump change on Usman.
Not gonna happen pal

And not one mention of Woodley's fight IQ, Usman is no cardio machine himself and tends to get real sloppy as he gets real tired and relies on being just stronger than you to get through. Woodley takes all that away just as strong, better mma wrestling, more versatile with fight style and just smarter through 5rds.....

<mma4>

And not one mention of Woodley's fight IQ, Usman is no cardio machine himself and tends to get real sloppy as he gets real tired and relies on being just stronger than you to get through. Woodley takes all that away just as strong, better mma wrestling, more versatile with fight style and just smarter through 5rds.....

{<jordan}

It is funny how confident and arrogant people were about Woodley's abilities and chances against Usman. Usman basically ended Woodley's career.
All I could think of in this fight was woodleys performances against Rory and Jake.

This was a 2019 post same as your Sherdog birthdate I don't have the same view now of Usman, as most have seen he's developed now just like you newby....

va-below-c.jpg

Back