Bones vs Fedor?

Only advantage I see for fedor is his ko power. If he landed he could end it, but I would see Jones picking him apart and getting a nasty submission

Jones couldn't pick apart Gus or get a nasty submission but would do so to prime Fedor who was 100x better than Gus.

Makes sense.

Yea it's "bullshit" to think lesser fighters than prime Fedor gave Jones major problems. Surely prime Fedor didn't stand a chance.
I didn't say that, it's fine if you think Fedor would win, there's certainly an argument for him winning

It's just bullshit to pick out one moment of weakness and say Vitor arm barred Jon when he didn't finish it and Jon won the fight VIA SUB lol

I didn't say that, it's fine if you think Fedor would win, there's certainly an argument for him winning

It's just bullshit to pick out one moment of weakness and say Vitor arm barred Jon when he didn't finish it and Jon won the fight VIA SUB lol

Fedor had a strong armbar. Far better than Vitors and had faster and more powerful hands than Gus who beat Jones standing 4 rounds to 1. It's not silly to assume Fedors strengths could give Jones problems.

and see Fedor’s looping punches from miles away

Everyone talks about how you can see Fedor's looping punches from miles away, but very few seem to be good at avoiding them, for some reason.

Its hard to imagine anyone beating a prime Fedor... because no one did. That said I think Jones would be a tough opponent due to height/reach advantage while also having speed. That 8 and half inch reach advantage would be hard for Fedor to get past. If jones stayed on the outside and played the touch/point game he would probably take a decision. Especially in a cage where there is no corner to get trapped in. But I think if Jones tried to go after Fedor it would be his undoing. Fedor would more than likely turn his lights off. I also dont think Jones has the strength to bully Fedor in the clinch or on the ground so that really leaves him exposed for a sambo toss.

Would be a great fight for sure. But my money would be on Fedor cuz I cant see Jones being smart. Its just not his style.

Vitor almost had him. Fedor would've snapped it.

Vitor-Belfort-Armbars-Jon-Jones-UFC-152.gif

0f51e16c1ca69bed9012d2cdebf237aa_crop_exact.jpg

Jones escaped and won by sub hahah

Everyone talks about how you can see Fedor's looping punches from miles away, but very few seem to be good at avoiding them, for some reason.
That only speaks about the level of competition he faced. If he would’ve tried that shit against guys like Stipe, Ngannou or Gane he would’ve been staring at the ceiling wondering what just happened

Jones couldn't pick apart Gus or get a nasty submission but would do so to prime Fedor who was 100x better than Gus.

Makes sense.
He could of submitted gus but chose to gnp.
Your drinking the Kool aid if you think fedor has more skilled stand up game than gus.

He could of submitted gus but chose to gnp.
Your drinking the Kool aid if you think fedor has more skilled stand up game than gus.

Sounds like hopium to me. Jones got out grappled and outstruck by Gus.

2005 Fedor would have knocked out Gus in under a round. So would 2005 Mirko.

Delusional Jones fanboys lol

That only speaks about the level of competition he faced. If he would’ve tried that shit against guys like Stipe, Ngannou or Gane he would’ve been staring at the ceiling wondering what just happened

Yep, either he would, or they would.

Yep, either he would, or they would.
I doubt he could KO any of those 3. Fedor would be at a significant reach and height disadvantage against all of them.

Ngannou has way better chin and hits much harder. Exchanging looping punches with is a sure suicide.

Stipe is much more technical with his hands and KO’s people moving back. His style of striking is a nightmare for Fedor.

And good luck catching Gane clean. He’s the least hittable HW ever. He would completely embarrass Fedor in the stand up, just like he dismantled Lewis

Fedor, easily.
Jon in his prime was left crying after the Gustaffson fight.

Back