Booster 14 Oz Gloves

brucelee

The King of Nunchaku
@White
Reaction score
The gloves I am writing about in this post have been in use for over 10 years. They are from the bin where we provide stuff for people who don't have their own gear. I must say from all the gloves that we make available in this bin, the Booster gloves are the ones that get used the most. You can see the tear and wear on the gloves. Despite the the looks, the damage is superficial. The structure of the gear still holds up very well. The velcro closes fine and the padding is still good to let's say 60%. Back then we paid around 70 Euro for them. It was a pretty good investment. Booster along with Green Hill and TopTen are the most durable in my experience.
Booster gloves are mainly for Muay Thai, but the solid padding is strong enough to make heavier boxer feel comfortable when used them for bag work and sparring.
Due to the nature of the common, shared use, we didn't really take good care of them. Zero maintenance. After all we do not want to encourage members to use shared equipment as we prefer them to purchase their own, naturally. They do stink like hell.

N7M_6262-800.jpg
N7M_6263-800.jpg N7M_6265-800.jpg
The stitching is decent for this mid-level equipment as it holds well.
I havn't bought any Boosters in the recent past so I do not know if the quality of newer versions compare to this old model, but I'd bee keen on purchasing them again.

Attachments

• N7M_6264-800.jpg
    N7M_6264-800.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 4
These look just like Twins gloves, you ever use a pair to compare the two?

We have a lot of guys use Twins, more than Booster, in the gym. I guess people are drawn more to Twins because of the nicer leather and the cool colours. Since I am more into boxing, I just use them to try out for a few sessions and not over longer period of times since both lack wrist support. From what I observe both are similar in handling. Booster has a better and more durable padding. The padding on the Twins will fade and become very soft after 1 or 2 years of heavy usage making them very wobbly for hard punches.

PS: Forgot to mention that Twins and Booster worked together in manufacturing. There are a couple of Booster glove models that were produced by the Twins factory like this one:
https://www.fighters-inc.com/twins-boxing-gloves-thumb-bg-5-269.html
However, it is a different model than the one from my review.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know how the hell people can wear "supplied" gloves. My hand wants to be cleaned just thinking about it.

I honestly don't know how the hell people can wear "supplied" gloves. My hand wants to be cleaned just thinking about it.
I just wonder how they afford the gym, but not the equipment?

I remember someone saying a few years ago in these forums that Booster equipment was produced in the same factory as Twins, just under its own label with slightly different designs.

I can imagine they buy cheap, low quality gloves and then prefer to wear stinky, borrowed 80$ gloves because they are a lot better.

Considering you can get new gloves for like $10 off ebay too lol

I can imagine they buy cheap, low quality gloves and then prefer to wear stinky, borrowed 80$ gloves because they are a lot better.

Doubtful, I've used cheap gloves. I've used expensive gloves, no way in hell I'd use gloves that made me bleach my hands afterwards.

I like that you bring up different brand of gloves, I do like those Boosters, I was looking for them or anything similar since those are older but, they no longer make camo ones, their camos are only made as youth gloves, there was one that grabbed my attention though, but it’s around 110eur thats like 124usd without shipping, until they have a sale of some sort I doubt i’ll grab a pair.

Back