Both fights of Daniel and Stipe - were they terrible for the bettors?

Kyle Stephens

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
First fight the general consensus was that Daniel is amazing, but Stipe is the best HW Daniel is ever faced and he is probably gonna lose. Before that 1st fight Stipe earned some respect from the fans, beating the monster in Ngannou in a decisive 5 rd. fight. So he had a bit of a hype. Daniel himself promptly dispatched N1 LHW contender Volcan.
Stipe was I would say a moderate favourite and there were no real money going towards DC. I would guess some sharp guys made a buck, but majority of bettors either lost some or won some, not big swings. I didn't bet on that fight, but I was thinking the same all people were saying, that Stipe should win.

Now what! Reverse. Ohhh! Stipe is done. DC is going to fuck him up again. He was so much better the first time - striking, wrestling, inbetween. Where Stipe could win this? Where? Nowhere. And he was inactive for how long? No chance. Daniel is now the favourite all over the place, journalist are picking him without much thinking, youtube comments, twitter etc. But the public that puts their money on the line, not just blab about the fights with no consecuences, actually kinda gave up on him. His odds weren't going into the -200s. He stayed stable for the most time and slimmed down from -150 to -140ish.

What is the bottom line, sherdoggers? Did you profit from their two fights, or you bet on the wrong guy twice? Or something else? And last, but not least
Flag_of_Croatia.gif

I had money on Stipe on the first. He lost because of the eye pokes imo. I saw it as a complete fluke win.

I over doubled my bet on Stipe this time, and although it was closer than I thought it would be (incredibly close!) im happy to come away with a tidy profit.

cashed dc +200 last time, lost this time after he won 3 rounds... mma is a different sport lol

cashed dc +200 last time, lost this time after he won 3 rounds... mma is a different sport lol
I stopped betting after some embarassing losses (Albini bet and Vick :D ) but I visit the mma threads from time to time. This event I had a feeling about Daniel and Stipe going the distance and shared it on the forum. I was not exactly right, but there was a good line on the fight going past 2.5rds (2.00/+100 or something)
Look into the main event odds for decision or over 2.5rds. I have the feeling this time will be a 5 round war. Both gentleman were significantly lighter than the 1st fight. This indicates that they won't be in a hurry to finish the fight fast.
BTW how sure you were in Daniel for the 1st fight? Were you like 80% sure he is gonna win?

BTW how sure you were in Daniel for the 1st fight? Were you like 80% sure he is gonna win?

like 60%. the line was off for sure and i still believe dc is the better fighter. he wouldn’t have slowed down like that at 205. the first rounds were quite dominant.

I had a lot on cormier but imo it was pretty easy to hedge it live after round 2 with stipe being +300. Dc seemed to slow down so just to be safe i placed a large livebet on stipe. Hedging live when your prefight pick is doing well is imo a great betting strategy.

Back