Bought alfa shoes "for English Boxing"??

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fuck does that mean, English Boxing? Did I purchase shoes for outdoor bare-knuckle fighting?

I assume they mean Western Boxing?

Do you say you do English Boxing??

Last edited:
The sport of boxing as we know it today is an English sport - I could see a chinese bootlegger calling it that

Original boxing didn't, which supposedlu was English

It's not that "original Boxing" was English, pugilism has existed all over the world in different parts of history. It's just that the modern sport's lineage lies in England, hence the term "English Boxing"

English boxing is "regular" boxing, as opposed to french boxing (savate) where you kick, obviously with specific type of shoes.

It's not that "original Boxing" was English, pugilism has existed all over the world in different parts of history. It's just that the modern sport's lineage lies in England, hence the term "English Boxing"

So gloved boxing had a foothold in England as well? It wasn't ubiquitous enough at that point to be origins free?

I think not. We have French boxing aka savate, Thai boxing aka Muay Thai, Birman boxing aka lethwei. The roots of classic boxing are in GB (if we chose to forget about Ancient Greece and Roman Empire :)). So, why can’t we call it “English boxing”?

LOL. To further confuse matters for some in England, boxing shoes are actually called "boots".

I think not. We have French boxing aka savate, Thai boxing aka Muay Thai, Birman boxing aka lethwei. The roots of classic boxing are in GB (if we chose to forget about Ancient Greece and Roman Empire :)). So, why can’t we call it “English boxing”?

Isn't it confusing given that bareknuckle boxing is back on the rise? And bareknuckle boxing historically was outdoors

Back