Bought alfa shoes "for English Boxing"??

Fuck does that mean, English Boxing? Did I purchase shoes for outdoor bare-knuckle fighting?

I assume they mean Western Boxing?

Do you say you do English Boxing??

I believe that Alfa brand shoes are from Norway, aren't they? That's probably why they refer to boxing as "English boxing".

I believe that Alfa brand shoes are from Norway, aren't they? That's probably why they refer to boxing as "English boxing".

Nah, these are called Outschock. I was just calling them alfa cause they're awesome looking

Are they legit? I think they look fantasticView attachment 634189

Those are a nice looking shoe. But are they for fashion or for function? The latter I hope if you plan on using them in the gym/ring. That means that they'll have a rubber sole while if they're manufactured for fashion they'll have a leather sole. Which, definitely are not to be used in the gym/ring because you'll slip & slide all over the place.

Isn't it confusing given that bareknuckle boxing is back on the rise? And bareknuckle boxing historically was outdoors
Modern day bare knuckle is nothing like old school. No elbows, headbutts, wrestling. The term “boxing” iirc was invented in early 1700 (1719?) in GB. So, it’s an English boxing, yes.

No worries. I just checked up on them & Outshock are good, high-end boxing shoes that are very functional for the gym & ring. Solid purchase.

Those are a nice looking shoe. But are they for fashion or for function? The latter I hope if you plan on using them in the gym/ring. That means that they'll have a rubber sole while if they're manufactured for fashion they'll have a leather sole. Which, definitely are not to be used in the gym/ring because you'll slip & slide all over the place.

Hmm, I was taught in my youth that rubber sole is good for infighters/brawlers ‘cause they need reliable grip with ground for hard punching, and leather is OK for outboxers, because they move a lot.

Modern day bare knuckle is nothing like old school. No elbows, headbutts, wrestling. The term “boxing” iirc was invented in early 1700 (1719?) in GB. So, it’s an English boxing, yes.

Huh? Wrestling and headbutting wasn't allowed in Dempseys time?

Okey I guess they had a ring but was that always the case?

Hmm, I was taught in my youth that rubber sole is good for infighters/brawlers ‘cause they need reliable grip with ground for hard punching, and leather is OK for outboxers, because they move a lot.

That's sort of true but you need to deeply score the bottom of the leather shoes or you may as well have a pair of skates on. They're that slippery.
And, yes, anyone that wants to take full advantage of their punching power will get rubber-soled shoes. They allow for full traction so you can dig your toes into the canvas & bang.

That's sort of true but you need to deeply score the bottom of the leather shoes or you may as well have a pair of skates on. They're that slippery.
And, yes, anyone that wants to take full advantage of their punching power will get rubber-soled shoes. They allow for full traction so you can dig your toes into the canvas & bang.

Well, I never had a leather sole pair, so I can only guess :).

But why only 50 bucks.. That worries me a bit
It sounds to me like you just got a hell of a good deal. The site that I saw them on was charging $80 - $90 per pair. They look like an excellent shoe to me.

It sounds to me like you just got a hell of a good deal. The site that I saw them on was charging $80 - $90 per pair. They look like an excellent shoe to me.

. I hope it's the shoes from that cover.. I ordered them

@sweetviolenturg are you allowed to turn your back on your opponent if you get steamrolled to break the action or is that prohibited in boxing?

We could in Karate/TaeKwondo as kind of a get out of jail free card, and it was a bad habit instead of just using footwork.

But I've never heard what the rules are in boxing. Never see it there.

@sweetviolenturg are you allowed to turn your back on your opponent if you get steamrolled to break the action or is that prohibited in boxing?

We could in Karate/TaeKwondo as kind of a get out of jail free card, and it was a bad habit instead of just using footwork.

But I've never heard what the rules are in boxing. Never see it there.
Nope. If you turn your back on your opponent in boxing it's seen as a sign of surrender & the ref will stop the fight & either disqualify you or award the fight to your opponent by TKO.

Back