Bought My First Shotgun

My favorite sight I've used on a shotgun was a fiber optic sight. However I like using them on ribbed shotguns. Without the rib I'm not really a fan of other types of irons with a shotgun and prefer a dot.

Eotech on a ksg is fun as well.

I'd be willing to try something out with the new Benelli M3. Not sure abut mounting stuff on that. Haven't even shot it yet.

I'd be willing to try something out with the new Benelli M3. Not sure abut mounting stuff on that. Haven't even shot it yet.

For me the ribbed/fiber optic set up is where it's at for speed and acquisition. But standard irons for some reason I don't like as much.

tti-m2-24-3gun-tacops-2.jpg

Good thing you didn't buy an 870. Remington QC has gone to shit since Freedom Group bought them.

I'm finally getting around to replacing my shit Knoxx stock on my 590.

Ordered a magpul one and it should be here next week.

Good thing you didn't buy an 870. Remington QC has gone to shit since Freedom Group bought them.
A buddy gave me his old 870 and I am really REALLY debating trading it in for like a Mossy 590 or trade in and pay up for like a Benelli SuperNova. I have no idea if it's a Freedom Group 870 or not.

A buddy gave me his old 870 and I am really REALLY debating trading it in for like a Mossy 590 or trade in and pay up for like a Benelli SuperNova. I have no idea if it's a Freedom Group 870 or not.
FG bought them in 07. I don’t think the Magnum/Police Magnum line is affected.

FG bought them in 07. I don’t think the Magnum/Police Magnum line is affected.
It's a hunting one so I imagine it's post 2007.

Yup, that shit's getting sold once this virus shit passes over and I'm getting a 500/590 or a SuperNova

It's a hunting one so I imagine it's post 2007.

Yup, that shit's getting sold once this virus shit passes over and I'm getting a 500/590 or a SuperNova
Just get a Maverick 88 if you’re right handed.

My dad has a 500 Cruiser. I love shooting that thing. Thank fuck it's only a 20 gauge though and not a 12. A 12 would break my fucking wrist.

I like the thumb safety on the 500. I find it intuitive and it’s and can be flipped off while finger is still in the trigger guard.

I like the thumb safety on the 500. I find it intuitive and it’s and can be flipped off while finger is still in the trigger guard.
Yeah I think it's much better suited for a traditional setup that doesn't use a pistol grip.

Oh ok. A non-issue to me. Thanks.

Anytime, bud. As a lefty, I'm always sensitive to ergonomics. Funny how with pistols I like the "right-handed" safety because instead of using my thumb, I use my middle finger. Never a problem reaching the button.

After getting rifle sights on my 590 I’ll never have anything but a bead on a scattergun.

This was my first firearm. Pretty decent shotgun for the price, I think I bought mine for 120 bucks new in the mid 2000s. A plus is that it can take a good bit of 500 upgrades. I use it now for breaching drills in lieu of my more expensive shotguns. It's a bit beat up, but still runs awesome.

This was my first firearm. Pretty decent shotgun for the price, I think I bought mine for 120 bucks new in the mid 2000s. A plus is that it can take a good bit of 500 upgrades. I use it now for breaching drills in lieu of my more expensive shotguns. It's a bit beat up, but still runs awesome.
I would've bought one but I'm left handed. You can still find 'em online for around $175.

Before you start digging into optics, I’d buy a whole mess of shells and go practice your pullrack. Just my humble opinion.

Back