Bought to lowers, assembly suggestions?

I was going to say you could build a 300 blk and do sub and supersonic pig hunting with one of your Aero lowers.

Close range you can use subs pewing relatively quiet. If you need more range drop the mag and put supers in it.

Barnes 110 TTSX

DSC05986.JPG

300-Blk-110gr-gel_tn.jpg

i1152.photobucket.com_albums_p482_Nascarrox2448_300aacblkbarriersummary.jpg

16", this will expand at 400 yards.
JOAUAnq.jpg

Discreet Balistics Selous 188gr
IMG_2242-1.jpg

74466782_1405768579572503_4604474222876557312_o.jpg

IMG_7205.jpg

82549301_1479891958826831_8009837256527314944_o.jpg

85068017_1499627000186660_3281561851179040768_n.jpg

95689784_1579466905536002_6712228542920261632_n.jpg

I've honestly never been a fan of those blackouts, and always talked myself out of them like this:

Anything shot subsonic is pretty close to well, a loaded up 45acp, with a better bullet. Shit trajectory.

Soon as you go over subsonic the blackout is just a pooch. 308 much better.

Plus its another something to buy expensive special ammo for.

Before i got my d760 and suppressor i had this nice 308 short chambered for 125grn nosler ballistic tips. That thing had a trajectory like. 243, and went wall to wall through a hog at 400 yards.

I sold it to a buddy, used the money to buy the D760.

Some shit shitbag stole it out of his truck the weekend. He's inconsolable. He lost the rifle, suppressor and $2k vortex scope.

Replacement cost going to be $5700 for everything

Both lowers complete. Assembley over, relegated to safe. Maybe make these a couple barter pieces.

My RRA 2 stage is crisper than these Larues. Maybe they'll feel better once i get a bigger pin in them.

The pins shipped even wobble inside the trigger part.

There's a reason they were cheaper I guess.

Thanks for finding them, @RerouteToRemain

They seemed really good.

That magpul collapsible stock is better than the ol Vietnam era Army Dolphin stock i had before, that thing rattled like a tin lizzy.

Both lowers complete. Assembley over, relegated to safe. Maybe make these a couple barter pieces.

My RRA 2 stage is crisper than these Larues. Maybe they'll feel better once i get a bigger pin in them.

They seemed really good.

That magpul collapsible stock is better than the ol Vietnam era Army Dolphin stock i had before, that thing rattled like a tin lizzy.

I'm surprised to hear the pins are loose. Yeah magpul stocks are solid.

They seemed really good.

Are you using the light or heavier springs in the larue triggers? I've noticed that the heavier spring has a crisper break.
Sucks about the wiggle....don't have that in any of mine.

Are you using the light or heavier springs in the larue triggers? I've noticed that the heavier spring has a crisper break.
Sucks about the wiggle....don't have that in any of mine.

Its whichever one was stuck on it?

There's an extra. Just haven't wanted to dick with anymore.

All the rock river 2 stage triggers i've bought, ( 6 total) have all been put in bam, done. I like whem things go like that.

Many times they don't.

Shit what happened to RRA 2 stagers, they used to be $60 a pop and now $90.

I should buy 22 ammo later I'm getting low on good stuff.

You have LaRues and they're good ones?

What brand lower you gott'em in?

Its whichever one was stuck on it?

There's an extra. Just haven't wanted to dick with anymore.

All the rock river 2 stage triggers i've bought, ( 6 total) have all been put in bam, done. I like whem things go like that.

Many times they don't.

Shit what happened to RRA 2 stagers, they used to be $60 a pop and now $90.

I should buy 22 ammo later I'm getting low on good stuff.

You have LaRues and they're good ones?

What brand lower you gott'em in?
It comes with the light springs installed....I agree it felt a little soft. The heavier springs have a much more distinct/crisp break. So I keep the heavier springs in all of mine.

PSA, DD, and a BCM have larue triggers in them. And I swear I don't have any issues. Sucks that you did.

PSA, BCM, Colt have polished psa triggers with JP enterprises enhanced springs in them.

BCM has a geissele SSA-E

Aero has a lantac e-ct1.....absolutely love this trigger.

Anything shot subsonic is pretty close to well, a loaded up 45acp, with a better bullet. Shit trajectory.

Soon as you go over subsonic the blackout is just a pooch. 308 much better.

Plus its another something to buy expensive special ammo for.

Yeah trajectory isn't great but it will still kill with good ammo at a good distance and it will be relatively quiet. I think I've seen videos of discreet taking a hog at 300+ yards. Definitely lobbing it down range but it still turns the lights off.

Blackout definitely doesn't compare to 308 but you get a smaller much lighter platform. Especially if you build it as an AR pistol with a 9-11 inch barrel. Even with 16" it will be.

I'd set it up for a 215 yard zero provided your get 2400 fps out of a 16".

fb69QPT.jpg

If you reload you can get the 110 tac-tx for about $0.58 a bullet. This bullet will expand down to 1350 fps. The Discreet Selous well isn't cheap. 40 bullets are $58. As a loaded component from them its $2 a round.

If you were interested in trying subsonic hunting with the Selous they also sell subs for .308 if you have a <20" with 1:10 or faster twist.

Yeah trajectory isn't great but it will still kill with good ammo at a good distance and it will be relatively quiet. I think I've seen videos of discreet taking a hog at 300+ yards. Definitely lobbing it down range but it still turns the lights off.

Blackout definitely doesn't compare to 308 but you get a smaller much lighter platform. Especially if you build it as an AR pistol with a 9-11 inch barrel. Even with 16" it will be.

I'd set it up for a 215 yard zero provided your get 2400 fps out of a 16".

fb69QPT.jpg

If you reload you can get the 110 tac-tx for about $0.58 a bullet. This bullet will expand down to 1350 fps. The Discreet Selous well isn't cheap. 40 bullets are $58. As a loaded component from them its $2 a round.

If you were interested in trying subsonic hunting with the Selous they also sell subs for .308 if you have a <20" with 1:10 or faster twist.

What i really need is to get out and shoot more.

And I need to be retired. And rich. And have another extra wife. And another motorcycle too yo.

Could prolly get a reasonable AR 10. And stick the can and night scope on it.

Those are cheaper than lotta that other stuff.

Tryong to do a ttade for a 17 hornet at the moment.

What i really need is to get out and shoot more.

And I need to be retired. And rich. And have another extra wife. And another motorcycle too yo.

Could prolly get a reasonable AR 10. And stick the can and night scope on it.

Those are cheaper than lotta that other stuff.

Tryong to do a ttade for a 17 hornet at the moment.
Wtf would u want an extra wife for.

Wtf would u want an extra wife for.
Wtf for?
Wow!

2 wives, was the fucking best! (For a year and a half, until wife#2 left)

It was so good I'm trying to figure out how to get a new wife#2, perhaps a younger model this time.

Wtf for?
Wow!

2 wives, was the fucking best! (For a year and a half, until wife#2 left)

It was so good I'm trying to figure out how to get a new wife#2, perhaps a younger model this time.
Had 1 wife. Got divorced. If I had 2 at one time I would have had to pay for 2 divorces. Fk that.

It comes with the light springs installed....I agree it felt a little soft. The heavier springs have a much more distinct/crisp break. So I keep the heavier springs in all of mine.

PSA, DD, and a BCM have larue triggers in them. And I swear I don't have any issues. Sucks that you did.

PSA, BCM, Colt have polished psa triggers with JP enterprises enhanced springs in them.

BCM has a geissele SSA-E

Aero has a lantac e-ct1.....absolutely love this trigger.

For two-stage triggers, I'm with grumpy old man @Chesten_Hesten, and will take Rock River over LaRue. That's based on disliking the gen 1 MBT due to personal discomfort, not mechanical function. I'll add that my four RR triggers were every bit as good as my two SSA-E's. And at a fraction of the cost. Due to the MBT's cost, I'd say the Geissele loses out either way.

But hey, I'm unsophisticated, and mainly just like to hurl lead into steel at a rapid pace. :D

For two-stage triggers, I'm with grumpy old man @Chesten_Hesten, and will take Rock River over LaRue. That's based on disliking the gen 1 MBT due to personal discomfort, not mechanical function. I'll add that my four RR triggers were every bit as good as my two SSA-E's. And at a fraction of the cost. Due to the MBT's cost, I'd say the Geissele loses out either way.

But hey, I'm unsophisticated, and mainly just like to hurl lead into steel at a rapid pace. :D
The larue 2 stage is absolutely better than their single stage trigger. The biggest complaint I've read about it is some people not liking how wide the the shoe is on it. That never bothered me. But triggers are very much a personal preference.

The larue 2 stage is absolutely better than their single stage trigger. The biggest complaint I've read about it is some people not liking how wide the the shoe is on it. That never bothered me. But triggers are very much a personal preference.

Yes, the MBT shoe is too wide and sharp for my liking.

Back