Boxing Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on german judges do what you do best!!

i think andrade edged it by a couple rounds but it was close

damn split only one german judge tonight i guess :(

Not even a bit sorry for betting on Culcay. It doesn't get closer than this.
Let's go Narvaez this night!

Not posted in here this week, had a bit on Culcay, was very close, hard luck.

Yeah, that was a close one. When I heard the third judge was Vasquez rather than a German name I figured Culcay lost the split.

curtis promoter new jersey-based main events is co-promoting the gbp stevens/lemuex fight in new york.

if it goes to the cards and the fight is close stevens should win

That was a brutal one-shot KO. Stevens got stretchered out of the ring.

lemuex averaged 100 punches a round in the 2.5 he fought.

lemuex averaged 100 punches a round in the 2.5 he fought.

Yeah, I think if Curtis lasted a few rds longer then Lemieux would've gassed. Still don't hate the play on Stevens though, he actually caught Lemieux with that counter hook of his many times, Lemieux just took them and kept coming which surprised me.

I was always a little suspect of his chin but he took some big rights and hooks pretty well. He's also a monster at 160, might be the biggest mw in the world atm. Made Curtis look way smaller in there. Curtis landed that counter hook in the exchange that he got ktfo in, but Lemieux just quick enough to get his through too, except way harder, and not take the full brunt of Stevens'. What a ko.

Mansour almost won me money as an underdog against Gerald Washington, but got screwed when it went to a controversial draw. I like him here near evens. I think Jacobs will be pretty aggressive so I like the value on the under in GGG's bout where most of his fights end.

Amir Mansour (-115) vs Travis Kauffman $115.00 for $100.00

Gennady Golovkin/Daniel Jacobs Under 7½ (-135) $135.00 for $100.00

Also, if the GGG vs Jacobs fight doesn't end in a KO by the middle to late rounds I think there could be a whole different dynamic in play if neither fighter has been on the canvas by that point. I can't overlook Jacobs' height, reach, skills, punching power and the way GGG looked early in the Brook fight. So I have to have a small bet on the dog here. And despite the fact that it contradicts my under play, I believe there's value on this decision line since it shot way up to this point.

Daniel Jacobs (+550) vs Gennady Golovkin $50.00 for $275.00
Daniel Jacobs wins by 12 round decision (+2650) $50.00 for $1,325.00

Yeah, I think if Curtis lasted a few rds longer then Lemieux would've gassed. Still don't hate the play on Stevens though, he actually caught Lemieux with that counter hook of his many times, Lemieux just took them and kept coming which surprised me.

I was always a little suspect of his chin but he took some big rights and hooks pretty well. He's also a monster at 160, might be the biggest mw in the world atm. Made Curtis look way smaller in there. Curtis landed that counter hook in the exchange that he got ktfo in, but Lemieux just quick enough to get his through too, except way harder, and not take the full brunt of Stevens'. What a ko.

imo, if stevens couldve lasted until the 5th round lemiuiex couldve faded as david only throws about 45-50 punches a round.

stevens chin was fine as he took gggs punches fairly well.

as chuck liddell always said he "just got caught with a shot."

Jim,

I tailed you on all the boxing plays. If Jacobs wins the decision I am gonna lose my shit in excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back