Boxing Discussion VIII

I was actually thinking of betting Jake Paul at -245.

I watched Jake Paul's pro debut against a fellow Youtuber from December of 2019. He isn't good by any means, but he has some level of competency and basic boxing skills. A solid professional would expose him badly, especially some of the flaws that prevent people from becoming pros to begin with (Paul gets nose bleeds very easily, he severely lacks power for a cruiserweight taking lots of vitamin S), but against non-boxers, he has a big edge.

And make no mistake, Nate Robinson is not a boxer. He took this fight for the payday along with the delusional belief that he is one of the greatest athletes to ever live, and can thus magically succeed at boxing in his mid 30s despite being woefully short and stubby for a cruiserweight and with limited training.

And if it's fixed, it would absolutely be in Paul's favor. There is money to be made in his future match-ups. Not so for Robinson.

I agree that Jake is most likely winning as he is way bigger and actually trained in boxing for the past two years. But doesn't Nate have at least too much pride to last until decision? Unless again it is a fixed one.

That comedyshots gamer fellow or what ever his name is went 4 rounds boxing with bigger Jake. And with zero sports background.

Nate is a legit world class athlete. Still holds state record in 110 hurdles and had multiple D1 football offers. Granted he looks like absolute shit hitting pads. But if he’s taking this seriously and committed himself to this, I think he’s gotta win more than a third of the time? Plus this guy he’s fighting is a world class dildo. Lol idk it’s all so degen.

bookies are making me 2nd guess myself with their lines basically saying early ko is happening... but i really like the o2.5 and decision props tbh.

This could go anyway. Value with Joyce now based on dubois’ eye.
Joyce seems to be pacing himself better.

draw is good value.

This could go anyway. Value with Joyce now based on dubois’ eye.
Joyce seems to be pacing himself better.

draw is good value.
I wanted to bet Joyce by decision but I don’t trust boxing judges lol

bookies are making me 2nd guess myself with their lines basically saying early ko is happening... but i really like the o2.5 and decision props tbh.
im sure Nate is pretty fast and has good reflexes, I am sure if he is overmatched he could hang on till the end. just a hunch of course.

x8.5 jake paul dec
x1.5 jake paul

u5.5 badou jack
r1,2 badou

Last edited:
pre-bets went to shit on badou but took some FGTD @6-7 range.

I had to take a shit, came back and Nate was passed out lol
What happened lmao

Back