1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Boxing Discussion VIII

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by CR0W, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Kamais_Ookin Red Belt

I didn't like how much joshua sticks his chin up in the air vs the opponent today, it might actually not be that difficult for Fury to land big shots and we saw his new style in Wilder rematch that he can really put the metal to the petal so to speak. Should be more competitive than the wilder trilogy though for sure, would love fury vs joshua.

mkess101 likes this.
  2. burge13 Purple Belt

I bet 1-6 and was furious in the 3rd. Should have been stopped when Pulev turned his back
    Turned the fight off after round 6 in frustration

Fury at -150 or better over AJ will my biggest ever bet I think. Relative to Floyd probably not (given I earn more now and built a bigger bankroll) but on a purely $ amount it will be. Usyk will be next unfortunately though who also has a good chance of beating AJ. AJ will need some favourable cards because he will be outboxed

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  3. Kamais_Ookin Red Belt

So... mark hunt is boxing on tuesday vs some rugby player clown with barely any boxing exp. Saw ML at -350 but dropped to -250 in past few days. Still waiting for props to be available for KO but yeah, even at 46y old I don't see how hunt would lose this.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    rille31 likes this.
  4. burge13 Purple Belt

Gallen has no boxing skill. Picture any nightclub bouncer boxing and that's what he looks like BUT

He has an iron chin, should have better cardio than Hunt, and more volume.

Olynik sat Hunt down, he's been hit in the head 1000's of times and is 46 with bad cardio. Yes he should win easily but I'm not wagering for these reasons. Need -200 or better I think, which we may see

Edit: Hunt KO here is -120 though. Actually not that bad, you have to assume if he wins it's a stoppage even though Gall has a chin

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  5. Corrado Soprano Green Belt

That is rough. I almost put money down on that same bet, I actually did but cashed out even before the fight started. I had Joshua by stoppage at -275 and around the 7-8th round I was nervous.

And I’m with you, I’ll place my biggest bet on Fury over Joshua.

svmr_db likes this.
  6. burge13 Purple Belt

Just one of those days. I bet Barrett at +305 in the UFC, he's 2 rounds up and gets subbed in the 3rd after a hail mary takedown. It happens

Regarding the actual fight, AJ did not look good. Heavy breathing after 5 rounds when you haven't been hit isn't a good sign at all. He has cardio for about 4-6 hard rounds but even those rounds he wont outwork Fury

The movement will give AJ fits, he won't establish a jab and when he grabs ahold of Fury he probably gets outworked there too. He will avoid this fight like the plague

7. Corrado Soprano Green Belt

Yeah AJ got hit with some clean right hands on the button. Hopes it happens though, it’s gonna be exciting.

I had money on both the co-main and main event last night and lost money on both. It happens, it’s a part of the game.

8. rille31 Brown Belt

Any value on Hunt -195?

9. Corrado Soprano Green Belt

Anyone putting money on the Canelo-Smith fight?

10. 2020Tracked Green Belt

He probably wins but I wouldn't pay juice on it

11. burge13 Purple Belt

If you could trust him to be training hard I'd say yes at that price, Gallen is not good

12. Kamais_Ookin Red Belt

Hunt now at -160 and steadily dropping, this is starting to get a lil' ridiculous now lol. Maybe there's some inside info that we don't know.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  13. BigSteve Green Belt

anyone hitting the Hunt fight? Just the fact that he is facing a retired Rugby player should be enough, right?

14. Combat-Betting Banned Banned

$200 fight goes the distance 2.85
    $200 Gallen wins decision 4.50

Could be another dodgy draw but Hunt is close to 50 and I think Gallen will have a higher output, he seems to have a good chin too. With only 6 rounds felt there was decent value in the FGTD line

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  15. benebox Black Belt

I bet Canelo decision +210

svmr_db and Corrado Soprano like this.
  16. Corrado Soprano Green Belt

Canelo by decision does feel like the safest bet.

17. benebox Black Belt

How I see it is, you're basically betting it goes to the scorecards because he all know Smith won't win a decision.

18. burge13 Purple Belt

Yeah I'm on O9.5 at -120 & Canelo Decision @ +210

benebox likes this.
  19. Kamais_Ookin Red Belt

Man hunt +650 via decision vs such a bum. He could land a knockdown or two and cruise on points. Not sure how serious Hunt took his training but this is 6 rounds not 12, would hope he doesn't cardio death. Ultimately he's a pro fighter vs a bum so he should be savvy enough to figure it out during the fight. -150 ML is also very disrespectful will take a bit of that too.

20. 2020Tracked Green Belt

Put a little on the draw in the Hunt fight, only six rounds, Hunt looks like shit as usual but should clearly be at big skill advantage. Decision bets either way seem like a good idea