Boxing Discussion VIII

Id also be keen to talk boxing with people but why not just use here? Does discord get way more traction? Never used it

£250 on Parker +190, I know Joyce is big and tough but other than that and a good jab I'm not all that impressed. Parker should clearly be able to out box him. I will be betting 2 units (£500) more but odds seem to be drifting so waiting before adding more.

Last edited:
Id also be keen to talk boxing with people but why not just use here? Does discord get way more traction? Never used it

Yeah I basically discuss here what I will here there, but I use it a bit for other stuff so thought why not make a boxing discussion as he asked for a more direct line so may be a little more active.

where's my invite to this discord group :oops:

Always welcome, just add me

Last edited:
£250 on Parker +190, I know Joyce is big and tough but other than that and a good jab I'm not all that impressed. Parker should clearly be able to out box him. I will be betting 2 units (£500) more but odds seem to be drifting so waiting before adding more.

Joyce is awful. Every time I've seen him fight I'm left thinking how the fuck does he win? He looks like he's moving/punching in water. The slowest 'elite' HW I've ever seen. Parker easily has the tools to beat him.

I agree on Parker but he has mo killer instinct. His opponents are in the fight for 12 rounds as he never hurts anyone, and if he ever does, he never follows up. Thats whats putting me off

I would look at Parker by Decision at +333.

Parker is talented, Joyce is low volume and can take shots. Joyce has an iron chin. I think decision is Parker’s PTV.

And fuck the discord. I love when there is boxing talk here.

The one thing that stood out to me in the Morata fight was how fragile Golovkin looked compared to his prime years. He was breathing very heavy as early as the second round. He even grimaced in the third round when Morata landed a solid body shot. At times he was getting beaten up. Canelo isn't in his prime anymore but he's got far more left than Golovkin. I'd be surprised if it goes the distance. I can see Golovkin going down from bodyshots and Canelo knows how to land that left hook to the body like no one else in the sport, currently. At the age of 40, your muscle simply isn't as tight as it used to be. The body will give up under Canelo's body assault. There's no quit in Golovkin, but I just can't see his body being able to take that kind of punishment for 12 rounds. Canelo and his team will have gone over the Morata fight with a fine tooth comb and they'll know he's weak to the body now.

Canelo between round 1-6 or 7-12 is the only thing I'm thinking about.

£250 Canelo decision +110 to win £275

I doubt this fight ends with in 12. I may hedge little with GGG decision just because the odds are ridiculous considering he is 2-0 in most peoples eyes.

Canelo down to -450 on BetMGM I'm hitting that, best it's gonna get and I have full confidence that he's getting the W tonight.

£250 Canelo decision +110 to win £275

I doubt this fight ends with in 12. I may hedge little with GGG decision just because the odds are ridiculous considering he is 2-0 in most peoples eyes.
Added £35 GGG decision +740 to win £259... to cover my Canelo bet in case its a close fight.

Canelo decision +110 $125 for $137.50
GGG decision +700 $20 for $140

$15 profit if GGG wins, $117.50 if Canelo wins.

Canelo decision +110 $125 for $137.50
GGG decision +700 $20 for $140

$15 profit if GGG wins, $117.50 if Canelo wins.

What do you think about a stoppage? Most people just point to neither guy ever getting knocked down but Derevyanchenko & Murata both hit GGG with body work that troubled him, that's Canelo's path to a stoppage imo.

What do you think about a stoppage? Most people just point to neither guy ever getting knocked down but Derevyanchenko & Murata both hit GGG with body work that troubled him, that's Canelo's path to a stoppage imo.
It's just a bet for some action.

I'll be sad if I lose $145, but it's not a lot for me.

Back