Boxing discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call, Joe and whoever else hit that. Szpilka showed a better chin than I thought, he was craftier than I thought, and Deontay got off to a much slower start than I thought. Won on Martin, kind of a flukey injury but I'll take it. Still an L on the day b/c I was too heavy on that 1-6 prop. What a ko though, just wish it came a few rds earlier lol. Sorry to followers we'll get em next time.

hitting a degen bet on Molina +275 (365) fight is later tonight..

i barely know anything about the fighters and only watched a bit of footage so not really tail worthy.. Molina (17-1) is the faster fighter i belive seems like a solid boxer.. he competed in the olympics and as far as i have read had a great amateur career. pretty much the same for his opponent James (18-0) great amateur career, great boxer ect James is 6′ 2 while Molina is 5′ 9 so James will have a huge size advantage. Molina has the hometown/state advantage.

5dimes only offer +180 on molina and they seems to be more on point with the boxing lines compared to 365

wow Molina down to +140 on 5dimes now stil +275 on 365 if anyone is looking for some degen action

Tailing small for action. Looking at BoxRec, James has been knocked down a couple of times including in his last fight, although he came back to win a UD. Molina has never been down in his pro career as far as I can see.

Javier Molina (+170) vs Jamal James $25.00 for $42.50

sorry did not work out.. i did not watch the fight just read the round scoring from the boxing section seems like the size was too much for molina to handle

Have had money down on Amir Mansour for ages versus Dominic Breazeale at the opening 8/5 +160.

Now I like a flyer on Mansour by decision 6/1 +600 and the fight goes the distance 1/1 +100, both with Ladbrokes.

Mansour has come in at 218 so looks like he is going for speed over power. Breazeale is a lot bigger at 252 so it would take something serious to KO him.

Have had money down on Amir Mansour for ages versus Dominic Breazeale at the opening 8/5 +160.

Now I like a flyer on Mansour by decision 6/1 +600 and the fight goes the distance 1/1 +100, both with Ladbrokes.

Mansour has come in at 218 so looks like he is going for speed over power. Breazeale is a lot bigger at 252 so it would take something serious to KO him.

uk bookie? best i could find on my bookies was +500

Hoping 5D gives props for Boxing tonight, but not likely. If they don't still plan on stabbing Mansour ML currently at +140

Yeah, Ladbrokes is a UK bookie. They also have Aaron Martinez 13/2 +650 by decision versus Sammy Vasquez. Like that a fair bit less than the Mansour prop but there has to be some value there. It's in LA where Martinez lives.

Question for the boxing diehards about Guerrero/Garcia:

Garcia -1100
Guerrero +700

But...

Garcia by KO (includes KO, TKO, DQ) or UD is only -325???

What am I missing? If he's so much better as to be -1100 wouldn't it be EXTREMELY likely he wins by stoppage or UD? Playing his ML you go from -325 to -1100 just to get him winning by majority or split dec covered (or push if it's a draw)? Makes no sense to me. If this is such a mismatch, his KO/UD line at -325 seems like awesome parlay fodder. Right?

Question for the boxing diehards about Guerrero/Garcia:

Garcia -1100
Guerrero +700

But...

Garcia by KO (includes KO, TKO, DQ) or UD is only -325???

What am I missing? If he's so much better as to be -1100 wouldn't it be EXTREMELY likely he wins by stoppage or UD? Playing his ML you go from -325 to -1100 just to get him winning by majority or split dec covered (or push if it's a draw)? Makes no sense to me. If this is such a mismatch, his KO/UD line at -325 seems like awesome parlay fodder. Right?
Guerrero has never been finished, and if Keith Thurman can't finish Guerrero, Garcia probably can't.

Out of Garcia's 31 wins, 18 are by finish. You can see Garcia's recent fights as to why he's unlikely to win via stoppage tonight: http://boxrec.com/boxer/429442

Garcia by UD sounds more likely, but I wouldn't want to pay -325 for a UD line in boxing, or in any combat sport for that matter.

My bets for the Garcia/Guerrero fight:

Garcia by decision -140 (1u)
Guerrero +21.5 points -105 (.5u)

Guerrero has never been finished, and if Keith Thurman can't finish Guerrero, Garcia probably can't.

Out of Garcia's 31 wins, 18 are by finish. You can see Garcia's recent fights as to why he's unlikely to win via stoppage tonight: http://boxrec.com/boxer/429442

Garcia by UD sounds more likely, but I wouldn't want to pay -325 for a UD line in boxing, or in any combat sport for that matter.

I have bets on Garcia by UD too. Maybe a bit expensive to pay to cover the stoppage I guess. I did put it in a couple parlays though.

Backed Garcia decision 10/11 -110 when it opened. Unless something screwy happens, I'd be surprised if Robert got stopped.

1u mansour +155
0.25u guerrero +780
0.25u martinez +650

tailing peeps

Fight goes the distance -190 to win .4u

Guerrero +21.5 +100 .4u

Garcia majority decision +1550 .1u

Garcia decision -120
Mansour +155
Monsour Dec +500

betfair has Garcia dec -125 if anyone is looking to bet.. seems like the best price around atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back