Boxing focus

How do you like the tire heavy bag? I've never used one but was thinking of making one since I have plenty of spare tires.
Do your gloves get chewed up?
I love the tire bag tbh, the feedback is great. If you're a harder puncher you might need some extra wrapping though depending on what gloves you use.

I used my fairtex gloves on em and didn't notice any more wear than normal.

foot's still fucked up, but better. Wasn't a fracture but think i may've torn something (atleast partially). almost a month where I couldn't walk much let alone run.

going into BJJ today to do something since they opened back up. Hopefully i can get back to boxing sometime soon lol.

did 1.5 hours that last Tuesday of BJJ getting back into it.
Felt tired as shit.

Did 2 hours Sunday of BJJ and rolled with some killer brown belts and black belts.
Felt tired as shit

Did 1 hour Monday with a Judo blackbelt.
Felt tired as shit.

you get the picture...i'm getting back into it, foots feeling "ok" enough for bjj. Just getting my cardio back for grappling now. Which with these brown/black belts pushing me I hsould get back soon haha.

Went with my team over to Fort bend Boxing club for some sparring. I didn't do any as I hadn't boxed in about 3 months lol but did some bag work and helped them out a bit.
Our guys did ok, but they were very new and were having a lot of trouble relaxing.

Some very, VERY solid kids over there at the club. This one 17 year old in particular was seriously impressive. Can't wait to see him go pro.

Did a couple days of some 30-40 min bag work. just light getting back into the swing of things and testing out my foot.

Foot seems to be doing alright... My cardio did not survive the quarantine though lmao. So gotta get that built up again.

so i haven't stopped training. But i definitely stopped logging (obviously) so i'll try and log a bit more lol.

2020 was a rough year (obviously). But between my foot getting fucked. moving twice (moving a 3rd time next week), 2 new jobs, personal shit, blah blah blah. Anyways, just happy i didn't gain a buncha weight.

still training so no new years resolutions about training more or any shit like that. But i am gonna try and log more lol.

all rounds 2m on 1m off

3 water bag work
2 speed bag
2 slip bag
2 tires
1 water bag

Might be time to get some new bag work gloves. was definitely feeling it on the tires more than the last time i hit em (been a while). Had them for 2-3 years now.
Any recommendations for bag gloves? I have top boxers for sparring and love em. Might get one of those for bag work as well.

Gonna try and get over there tomorrow morning and do some more work.

Ordered new gloves yesterday, gonna try out the topboxer alien gloves to see how they are.

So, hadn't trained/updated since that last post. As i had all 3 members of my household test positive with Covid. I somehow tested negative. So i got a hotel, am quarantining for a couple more days to make sure i don't develop any symptoms. Then getting an air bnb or something until the rest of my house is done with their quarantine.

So again i didn't update. Buuut i got covid anyways. Got what felt like a real bad flu for about a week. got better, took another week off to make sure i was good. (I have asthma). And then the ice storm hit Houston/texas the following week... But i went back in this week lol.

trained over the weekend, then yesterday + bjj. hoping to get over there tomorrow too.

But holy fuck, ever since covid my asthma has been bad...makes training longer time periods a real pita. at the moment.

lil over 1.5 hours of bjj/open mat. Had to use my inhaler twice.

Better than tuesday, but still fucking rough.

1.5 hours yesterday.

split between boxing/grappling.

did 4-5 3 minute rounds, 30s rest.
then rested a bit more. then another 3, 3m/30s rounds focusing on jusst power shots since i haven't done that in a while.

then 30-45 mins of grappling.

Did another 40 mins or so of boxing today.
2m rounds 30s rest.

lil over an hour of open mat today. Always killers there so i'm thoroughly exhausted

start at a new location for work tomorrow in downtown houston. So will be trying out a new gym either tomorrow or tuesday.

will be checking out Main street boxing.

Fully recovered from Covid now? Any lasting asthma effects?

Didn't log it. But did Boxing last week at Main street with Isaac (not sure his last name) teaching it. Loved the work, got in some great partner drills/combo work. But it's gonna be very h ard to make it regularly with my work schedule.

Went to another BJJ gym nearby tonight for an hour and a half of training with an old training partner of mine... Last time i trained with him we were both purple belts...now i'm still a purple and he's a black belt haha.

Fully recovered from Covid now? Any lasting asthma effects?

It comes and goes to be honest. Definitely lasting affects on the asthma. i'm using my inhaler more often then ever. Pretty much every training session i use it atleast once.

It's nothing Un-managable, but it definitely still sucks. It's not as bad boxing as it is in BJJ though.

Basically feels like you're able to breath just fine, but you're still not able to take deep enough breaths so you feel like you're not getting enough oxygen, if that makes any sense.

edit: A medical bjj friend of mine said that she's seeing it take 8-10 months average for people with asthma to get back to a baseline in terms of breathing ability after covid...so if i beat those numbers i'll be happy lol.

I ask because I've started to notice I get some lasting asthma effects these days when I do hard rowing. Like my lungs just feel a bit warm for the next couple days. I wonder if I maybe had covid at one point. Usually I only ever notice asthma from pet allergies.

I ask because I've started to notice I get some lasting asthma effects these days when I do hard rowing. Like my lungs just feel a bit warm for the next couple days. I wonder if I maybe had covid at one point. Usually I only ever notice asthma from pet allergies.

Pet allergies is definitely what triggered my asthma before.
Not sure about the warm feeling i don't get that, it's just a shortness of breath that lingers. Which makes it reaaal tough when you've got a skilled blackbelt doing Knee on belly on you haha

Got in yesterday to do bjj and realized they were closed for the spring break friday. Few other guys showed up so i did some sparring with one of the newer guys to get some work in.

Was working on a lot of head movement and switching to southpaw and back as i moved sideways. Not sure if it was just cause he was new but almost every time he did he mis-judged distance and made it super easy to jab and move out.

He did catch me once though when i was being lazy, and i rolled under a bit slow and caught me with a hook right on the nose as i came up haha.

work's been killing me, but made it to 2 hours of open mat today since i was off for easter

Back