Boxing Glove stores in LA

Inquisitus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Visiting Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend stores to visit with a good selection of boxing gloves to try out?

Primarily interested in boxing style gloves and more specifically Mexican brands/Mexican manufactured such as Sabas, Cleto, Casanovas etc.. Venum's boxing line and Fairtex BGV6s would also be nice to try out.

Thanks in advance

Sabas produces only Bella series in Mexico.

Sabas produces only Bella series in Mexico.

It used to claim all models were made in Mexico. There was a big debate about it when the quality of Sabas gloves seemed to decline.

Sabas is Pakistan. They just try to hide it.

Well, perhaps nowadays; I'm not sure. But it seems that they originally manufactured all their gear in Mexico. The story goes that once they became popular they had to shift their manufacturing operations to Pakistan and that's what led to the infamous decline in quality.

Superare is the best place to go in LA hands down. Huge selection of everything from Venum, Fairtex, Top King, Rival, Reyes, Winning and everything in between.. There are also Pro Boxing Supplies stores around the LA area. They mostly carry their own PRO brand, but some locations carry Cleto and Casanova.

Yeah, I'd read that Sabas was made in Mexico but is actually made in Pakistan, but some of their current line is made in Mexico? Somewhat confusing. I want try them out for comparison. The Rival Guerrerros are made in Pakistan and they are OK. The leather and build quality is not as nice as Fairtex.

Superare is the best place to go in LA hands down. Huge selection of everything from Venum, Fairtex, Top King, Rival, Reyes, Winning and everything in between.. There are also Pro Boxing Supplies stores around the LA area. They mostly carry their own PRO brand, but some locations carry Cleto and Casanova.

Thanks! Now i have to research these Pro Boxing stores that may carry Casanovas!

Thanks! Now i have to research these Pro Boxing stores that may carry Casanovas!

But remember that Pro Boxing Supplies only carries fake Casanova gloves. This issues has been covered extensively on Sherdog.

If you want genuine Casanova, you have to buy Necali in the USA or go to Mexico and buy directly from the real Casanova company.

Yeah, I'd read that Sabas was made in Mexico but is actually made in Pakistan, but some of their current line is made in Mexico? Somewhat confusing. I want try them out for comparison. The Rival Guerrerros are made in Pakistan and they are OK. The leather and build quality is not as nice as Fairtex.

Your point about Rival Guerreros is true, in my experience. They're pretty good Pakistani-made gloves.

But remember that Pro Boxing Supplies only carries fake Casanova gloves. This issues has been covered extensively on Sherdog.

If you want genuine Casanova, you have to buy Necali in the USA or go to Mexico and buy directly from the real Casanova company.
You're right. Totally forgot about that

So those are the bums! I read about that but didn't realize they had bricks & mortar. Thanks for letting me know. Definitely will not support them in any way.

How are Superare's own brand gloves. They look incredibly cool, but I've never seen/read any reviews, and wonder if they only sell to hipsters. Anyone tried them?

How are Superare's own brand gloves. They look incredibly cool, but I've never seen/read any reviews, and wonder if they only sell to hipsters. Anyone tried them?

My friend gave me a pair for my birthday. All I have to say is that their gloves are definitely more for hipsters going to fitness boxing clubs like Rumble.

My friend gave me a pair for my birthday. All I have to say is that their gloves are definitely more for hipsters going to fitness boxing clubs like Rumble.

LOL I thought that might be the case. Cheers.

Csquared boxing just put up a video of superare gloves review. He seemed to like them and I thought the buffalo hide looked cool but not convinced on buying a pair.

Back