Boxing Grand Prix:Jake Paul, prime Hughes, Ben Askren, Jake Shields, Royce Gracie, CM Punk:Who wins?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a 1 night tournament of the giants. You have some of the best martial artists of all time, including Matt Hughes, Jake shields, and Royce Gracie. You also have Ben Askren and CM Punk. The wildcard is the boxing prodigy Jake Paul.

This tournament goes for 1 night, and each fight is to the death. Who is the lone survivor at the end of the night?

In all seriousness, I'll take a prime Jake Shields in that one any day of the week. His striking is visually as bad as anyone else on that list, but he's deceptively effective (see the GSP & Woodley fights).

CM Punk obviously, mismatch...

In all seriousness, I'll take a prime Jake Shields in that one any day of the week. His striking is visually as bad as anyone else on that list, but he's deceptively effective (see the GSP & Woodley fights).

It's a lot harder to eye poke in boxing. That was where most of his effectiveness came against GSP

Don't you mean Renzo Gracie?
I don't think we ever officially bestowed the "K1" title to Royce the same way we did for K1 Shield, K1 Hughes, and K1 Renzo

Shields, especially if he tries to rake your eyes in like he did to GSP

Shields probably by decision against them all

the difference between jake and these mma guys is jake has been training and living like a pro boxer for probably half a decade now and hes been living like a celebrity too so hes used to preforming under lights. hes also butt ugly and i doubt he cares that much about getting his faced bashed in so i'd say hes not this youtube kid everyone keeps trying to make him out to be.. at some point when you train long enough, and you are doing everything perfect that most people can't even afford you are going to become dangerous. especially with an athletic background and a fairly natural ability to punch and a passion for what hes doing and hes got age on his side. compare how jake paul punches to logan paul. logan is the more powerful athletic looking dude but half his punch is an arm punch jake actually throws decent. you can see back all the way when he was goofing off with aj agazarm that to me he was a natural to some degree. maybe in the real boxing world hes no good and can't string together wins but its undeniable that jake is a boxer coming in with skill and more of an edge then most young athletes have.

I'm sure we have someone on these forms whos your typical non athletic nerd who joined a bjj gym and stuck with it and got to the point of being able to best or sub ufc level talent in the gym or just super athletic people, it might take 5-10 years but you get there if you want to . average people with the right understanding can best professionals when it comes to martial arts. technique in martial arts is a real thing all you need is the ability to apply it correctly. i actually bet if you are young and athletic now within 5 years if you put the time in you can out wrestle askren the guy can barely move now. this is my point. jake has put the time in and put it in exactly where it needed to go. he didn't just start. hes had easy fights to get used to the whole show of it.
so to me all of this leads me to the conclusion this is a dumb fight. he hand picked askren so he could say he beat a real fighter when they aren't fighting they are boxing and its a guy whos meme'd in the mma community for bad striking and he even said he barely trained it him self. i dont understand whats appealing about this or why the fight would sell if this was its own ppv how does it do over 200k buys. The only way its entertaining is if jake gets battered. if he beats askren or hurts askren how does he not look like a douche. like conor punching the old man. imagine you go into a mma gym and you are some rich athletic kid whos been training on your own and you pick on the instructor whos like 40-50 years old filled with chronic issues because he used to fight and you want to prove to the world you can too. jake makes no sense. to start off a career bullying smaller guys who are under prepared then to go after a retired broken down wrestler so you can pretend to make an example out of him just seems like some mega baby wiener bullshit.

Reactions: G10
the difference between jake and these mma guys is jake has been training and living like a pro boxer for probably half a decade now and hes been living like a celebrity too so hes used to preforming under lights. hes also butt ugly and i doubt he cares that much about getting his faced bashed in so i'd say hes not this youtube kid everyone keeps trying to make him out to be.. at some point when you train long enough, and you are doing everything perfect that most people can't even afford you are going to become dangerous. especially with an athletic background and a fairly natural ability to punch and a passion for what hes doing and hes got age on his side. compare how jake paul punches to logan paul. logan is the more powerful athletic looking dude but half his punch is an arm punch jake actually throws decent. you can see back all the way when he was goofing off with aj agazarm that to me he was a natural to some degree. maybe in the real boxing world hes no good and can't string together wins but its undeniable that jake is a boxer coming in with skill and more of an edge then most young athletes have.

I'm sure we have someone on these forms whos your typical non athletic nerd who joined a bjj gym and stuck with it and got to the point of being able to best or sub ufc level talent in the gym or just super athletic people, it might take 5-10 years but you get there if you want to . average people with the right understanding can best professionals when it comes to martial arts. technique in martial arts is a real thing all you need is the ability to apply it correctly. i actually bet if you are young and athletic now within 5 years if you put the time in you can out wrestle askren the guy can barely move now. this is my point. jake has put the time in and put it in exactly where it needed to go. he didn't just start. hes had easy fights to get used to the whole show of it.
so to me all of this leads me to the conclusion this is a dumb fight. he hand picked askren so he could say he beat a real fighter when they aren't fighting they are boxing and its a guy whos meme'd in the mma community for bad striking and he even said he barely trained it him self. i dont understand whats appealing about this or why the fight would sell if this was its own ppv how does it do over 200k buys. The only way its entertaining is if jake gets battered. if he beats askren or hurts askren how does he not look like a douche. like conor punching the old man. imagine you go into a mma gym and you are some rich athletic kid whos been training on your own and you pick on the instructor whos like 40-50 years old filled with chronic issues because he used to fight and you want to prove to the world you can too. jake makes no sense. to start off a career bullying smaller guys who are under prepared then to go after a retired broken down wrestler so you can pretend to make an example out of him just seems like some mega baby wiener bullshit.
Paragraphs, man, paragraphs.

Back