Boxing vs. MMA the double standards and the benefits to how boxing is run

Iceferg

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

Boxing vs. MMA I'm a huge fan of both more so boxing admittedly but I think the way MMA fans are trolling at the moment is silly. I think MMA is the sport that might be stagnating let me explain.

1) Canelo vs. Yildrim - Canelo is fighting Yildrim, who's a gatekeeper. MMA fans are mocking but who did Khabib win the title against Al IaQuinta same thing.

2) UFC have 2 champions in a lot of weight classes with interim title now but UFC isn't the only MMA champion there are other organisations too. So there are multiple MMA champions most organisations don't let them leave whilst they're champion and they never unify.

3) Yeah Paul brothers are making bank boxing. CM Punk fought in the UFC. Aaron Chalmers fought in Bellator. How is this a talking or laughing point. The biggest MMA star ever got his biggest purse in a boxing match.

Didn't watch the video.

1. There are currently better opponents for Canelo then Yildirim. There were no fighters more deserving of a title shot at the time than Khabib and Iaquinta (who was on a 5-fight winning streak). The point is to fight the best opponents available.

2. The UFC is the only premier MMA organization. You don't "unify" against champions from lower organizations. The World Boxing Council champion doesn't unify against the Somali World Backyard Brawl League champion.

3. Who the fuck are the Paul brothers?

Didn't watch the video.

1. There are currently better opponents for Canelo then Yildirim. There were no fighters more deserving of a title shot at the time than Khabib and Iaquinta (who was on a 5-fight winning streak). The point is to fight the best opponents available.

2. The UFC is the only premier MMA organization. You don't "unify" against champions from lower organizations. The World Boxing Council champion doesn't unify against the Somali World Backyard Brawl League champion.

Yeah so the best available fighter was a gatekeeper on the same level as Yildrim, if there wasn't different organisations somebody better could have been brought in. Michael Chandler is already top 5 in UFC he got whooped by Patrizia Pitbull for the title so Patrizia might be the best active fighter at 155lbs we won't find out now because Bellator won't want to let him go while he's still champ so he'll either have to sit on the shelf til his contract runs out or lose. A lot of fighters have been fast tracked from other organisations to UFC title.

Canelo fought Smith in December he's fighting Billie Joe Saunders in May. That's 2 world champions in 6 months. I have no issue with this fight happening in-between and I explained why it's happening in video.

Jake and Logan Paul the YouTube brothers. MMA fans are poking fun coz they're making money boxing. UFC let CM Punk compete in the "Premier" organisation.

End of I like both sports but boxing is doing fine.

Yeah so the best available fighter was a gatekeeper on the same level as Yildrim, if there wasn't different organisations somebody better could have been brought in. Michael Chandler is already top 5 in UFC he got whooped by Patrizia Pitbull for the title so Patrizia might be the best active fighter at 155lbs we won't find out now because Bellator won't want to let him go while he's still champ so he'll either have to sit on the shelf til his contract runs out or lose. A lot of fighters have been fast tracked from other organisations to UFC title.

Canelo fought Smith in December he's fighting Billie Joe Saunders in May. That's 2 world champions in 6 months. I have no issue with this fight happening in-between and I explained why it's happening in video.

Jake and Logan Paul the YouTube brothers. MMA fans are poking fun coz they're making money boxing. UFC let CM Punk compete in the "Premier" organisation.

End of I like both sports but boxing is doing fine.
Iaquinta gave Khabib the toughest fight of his entire career. It's the only fight in which Khabib arguably lost rounds.

Yildirim is Canelo's easiest opponent since... idk, whatever bum Canelo fought when he first turned pro.

Iaquinta gave Khabib the toughest fight of his entire career. It's the only fight in which Khabib arguably lost rounds.

Yildirim is Canelo's easiest opponent since... idk, whatever bum Canelo fought when he first turned pro.
Well how is that when Gleison Tibau out landed Khabib in total and significant strikes and scored more takedowns in their fight. I'm a boxing fan and I know that.

Look at Al IaQuinta's record and Yildrim's respectively in each sport and they're operating at a similar level with a similar success rate.

Didn't watch the video.

I think the truth is you don't really know much about boxing but still feel qualified to comment.

I think the truth is you don't really know much about boxing but still feel qualified to comment.
Lol, sure.

Says the guy who misspelled "Yildirim" every time he typed his name and is a fan of YouTube boxing.

I was about to reply to you seriously but if you're gonna be a fuckwit, it's better you go back to the Heavies where you belong.

Last edited:
Lol, sure.

Says the guy who misspelled "Yildirim" every time he typed his name and is a fan of YouTube boxing.

I was about to reply to you seriously but if you're gonna be a fuckwit, it's better you go back to the Heavies where you belong.
Typical this you can't argue with the points I'm making so you criticise my spelling. Yildirim has lost twice to world champions. He has about 18 or 19 wins. Can the same be said about IaQunita no exactly and this is the fight hardcore MMA fans are trying to troll even though it's just a keep busy fight.

You know for a fact what I am saying is right. You can't dispute it so your twisting about my spelling.

As for being a "fan of YouTube boxing" at what point did I praise it. I just pointed out that two biggest MMA organisations in the world have hosted similar events with celebrities lately.

MMA fans can't say anything about where boxing is at right now PPV MMA is non existent in the UK even McGregor isn't PPV and all the PPV records are held in boxing in US.

I'm a fan of both sports long may they both thrive but this hate aimed at boxing is a joke.

Lol, sure.

I'll even correct myself I just checked there and Yildirim has 21 wins 2 losses he's even beat some half decent fighters like Mock, Periban and Edwards. It's a keep busy fight.

Just laughable the hate coming from MMA fans most of you can't stand Dana White but he's got almost complete control of your sport.

I'm a fan of both sports and I know I would like to see some of the top names in MMA stay more busy.

I mean McGregor who's a 2 weight champion fought Cerrone in a main event PPV last year as the headline bout you going to try and tell me there was nobody better. I enjoy seeing fighters stay busy maybe if McGregor had a tune up before his fight vs. Poirier he would have done better.

Yildrim is a tune-up/mandotory fight for Canelo. I'm cool with fighters fighting more often even if it means that some opponents are of lesser ability.

I could get used to Canelo fighting every 10 weeks, I dislike the fact that elite fighters fight 1-2 fights a year.
Yeah well said mate apparently Canelo is aiming to be out 4 times this year. Personally I thought McGregor was performing a lot better when he was more active.

It's hard for a fighter and management team to make everyone of these fights against top class opponents so nothing wrong with seeing slightly less ranked opponents get a chance at least it's keeping big names training and in camp.

MMA is garbage anyway. Hearing anyone talk about it like its a real sport is horrendous.

MMA is garbage anyway. Hearing anyone talk about it like its a real sport is horrendous.

I'm not slating MMA just pointing out facts mate. These guys are full of hell and don't have a clue.

Last edited:

Boxing vs. MMA I'm a huge fan of both more so boxing admittedly but I think the way MMA fans are trolling at the moment is silly. I think MMA is the sport that might be stagnating let me explain.

1) Canelo vs. Yildrim - Canelo is fighting Yildrim, who's a gatekeeper. MMA fans are mocking but who did Khabib win the title against Al IaQuinta same thing.

2) UFC have 2 champions in a lot of weight classes with interim title now but UFC isn't the only MMA champion there are other organisations too. So there are multiple MMA champions most organisations don't let them leave whilst they're champion and they never unify.

3) Yeah Paul brothers are making bank boxing. CM Punk fought in the UFC. Aaron Chalmers fought in Bellator. How is this a talking or laughing point. The biggest MMA star ever got his biggest purse in a boxing match.

You have no idea what you’re talking about...
Only reason canelo is fighting Avni is because the IBF strips you inediately if you dont take their mandetories which always come right away after winning it. Its not because he’s “the best available”... he’s basically a can on the world stage.
When Fury beat Wlad for all the belts the IBF put a mandetory bum for him a couple months later wven though Wlad was excersizong the rematch clause in the contract of the first fight. Fury was stripped right away and fell into depression.

they always do that, IBF is the hardest org to deal business with.

Canelo is literally in negotiations with BJS as if the Avni fight is a fly on the wall he’s ignoring. He was saying he wanted to fight 3 times this year untill he was forced to agree to this mismatch and made it 4.
You don’t know shit about boxing calling regulars here noobs.

Only reason canelo is fighting Avni is because the IBF strips you inediately if you dont take their mandetories which always come right away after winning it. Its not because he’s “the best available”... he’s basically a can on the world stage.
When Fury beat Wlad for all the belts the IBF put a mandetory bum for him a couple months later wven though Wlad was excersizong the rematch clause in the contract of the first fight. Fury was stripped right away and fell into depression.

Canelo is literally in negotiations with BJS as if the Avni fight is a fly on the wall he’s ignoring. He was saying he wanted to fight 3 times this year untill he was forced to agree to this mismatch and made it 4.
Are you slow mate? Canelo isn't even the IBF super middleweight champion Caleb Plant is so your argument makes no sense.

Also I never said he's the best available, watch the 3 minute video I explain the reasons this fight is happening.

You don't have a clue just came on this thread full of hell and made yourself look an absolute tool!

Yildirim isn't even ranked by the IBF either so you just came in with a big imaginary story. I boxed for 9 years been following this sport for double that.

I don't have to call people like you noobs. You prove that point for me.

Yildirim is Canelo's WBC mandatory. He isn't a legitimate contender despite BoxRec's #10 inflated ranking (the rankings are computerized and often don't reflect reality). If you ask a hardcore boxing fan to rank Yildirim right now nobody would have him probably even in their Top 20/25 at Super Middleweight. Yildirim is a mandatory that will count as a title defense for Canelo.

Khabib's situation was a bit different. He fought Iaquinta for the vacant UFC Lightweight title. Iaquinta was on a respectable five fight win streak and was fringe Top 10 legitimately in the UFC's official rankings (ranked #11 after dropping just out of the Top 10 headed into the Khabib fight).

As for the rest, the UFC is the only premier organization in the sport of MMA. They literally have 80%-90% of the world's top talent (WMMA & Men's MMA) in the sport under contract. Bellator ranks a very distant second. It's the big show and the others are eating their table scraps and operate mostly as feeder organizations. CM Punk got into the UFC only because of his WWE stardom. He got the shit kicked out of him in both fights and was then cut.

MMA model was always trash and way worse than boxing. At least in boxin there are mandatory title defences, in mma organizations no such thing exists. In mma clowns like mcgregor and diaz are running the show, fighters who never defend titles and barely fight once a year.

Yildirim is Canelo's WBC mandatory. He isn't a legitimate contender despite BoxRec's #10 inflated ranking (the rankings are computerized and often don't reflect reality). If you ask a hardcore boxing fan to rank Yildirim right now nobody would have him probably even in their Top 20/25 at Super Middleweight. Yildirim is a mandatory that will count as a title defense for Canelo.

Khabib's situation was a bit different. He fought Iaquinta for the vacant UFC Lightweight title. Iaquinta was on a respectable five fight win streak and was fringe Top 10 legitimately in the UFC's official rankings (ranked #11 after dropping just out of the Top 10 headed into the Khabib fight).

As for the rest, the UFC is the only premier organization in the sport of MMA. They literally have 80%-90% of the world's top talent (WMMA & Men's MMA) in the sport under contract. Bellator ranks a very distant second. It's the big show and the others are eating their table scraps and operate mostly as feeder organizations. CM Punk got into the UFC only because of his WWE stardom. He got the shit kicked out of him in both fights and was then cut.
Benavidez is WBC number 1 mate. The rankings are bent anyway usually controlled by promoters. Benavidez vs. Canelo is actually a very good fight in my opinion.

See you say IaQuinta was fringe top 10 by that you mean in the UFC. Probably 2 or 3 guys in Bellator that can beat and another 1 or 2 elsewhere. So you're backing my point up that he's on the same level as Yildirim I don't get the hate though not like boxing fans were doing this about Khabib vs. IaQuinta.

As for how MMA is run MMA needed a company like UFC to get it off the ground. I don't want to see that happen in boxing. There's a few promoters trying to do it now. Al Haymon has tried it and Eddie Hearn has been talking about it. Can't see anyone succeeding. Boxing is already established might have a few problems with how it's run now and then but I don't want to see all the power fall in one person's hands.

Last edited:
Back