Bradley Nowell should be as known as Kurt Cobang. Sublime > Nirvana

Sublime is the better band. Bradley died after their first national hit album, but in California and in many other areas sublime was known and influential well before that. People like Jack Johnson and others cite sublime as inspiration.. But 95% of people won’t know Bradley Nowell, but will know Curt Cobain.

Sublime were bad asses not afraid of anybody. Drugs suck and fk Bradley Nowell for fking us out of 3-4 more great albums, but sublime is better to listen to all day than Nirvana, and would also win the fight..

engage. Post your favorite sublime songs etc...
Was listening to Sublime earlier today. Mainly their self-titled album. Great band and Bradley was the heart of the band. Damn shame what happened to him, similar to Layne Staley from Alice in Chains, although Alice was able to go on eventually because of Jerry Cantrell. Hopefully more people discover Sublime and keep the legacy alive... Would love to see a biopic for both Bradley and Layne.

Damn near every single 90's band could be labeled "alternative". It's not really a genre, but more of term old people came up with to describe music they didn't understand. Nirvana is "Grunge". Sublime is mostly "Ska", although hey do branch out quite a bit.

They weren't exactly in competition with each other, but Sublime is definitely the better band.
People liked bands in the 90s. They were both bands. I don’t think sublime is ska more than reggae.. They were a 90s band lol.

How old are you?

In the 90s we had pantera, Dre, the breeders, biohazard, pharcyde, and led zeppelin CDs in the same section of our CD case. I don’t think you know...

You even included a rap group, further showing the alternative label doesn't mean anything

Was listening to Sublime earlier today. Mainly their self-titled album. Great band and Bradley was the heart of the band. Damn shame what happened to him, similar to Layne Staley from Alice in Chains, although Alice was able to go on eventually because of Jerry Cantrell. Hopefully more people discover Sublime and keep the legacy alive... Would love to see a biopic for both Bradley and Layne.

Out of likes.

Can you spot Layne in this video??

oh “but def tones and Alice In Chains weren’t even the same genre” lol

There's Sublime With Rome, although I haven't checked them out.

You even included a rap group, further showing the alternative label doesn't mean anything
We didn’t gaf about genre, dude, that was the point. I listed 2 rap acts and could have thrown in Tori Amos and a swing band..

Nirvana was a good band but was over rated. i think Nowell is a much greater loss than Cobain as he had much more to offer if given more time to create music.

We didn’t gaf about genre, dude, that was the point. I listed 2 rap acts and could have thrown in Tori Amos and a swing band..

The point is they sound nothing alike. No, Bradley Nowell should not have been Kurt Cobain. Nirvana was the theme music for a generation of angsty depressed teenagers. Sublime was fun in the sun, getting high at the beaches of California. Entirely different music and influence.

The point is they sound nothing alike. No, Bradley Nowell should not have been Kurt Cobain. Nirvana was the theme music for a generation of angsty depressed teenagers. Sublime was fun in the sun, getting high at the beaches of California. Entirely different music and influence.
Where did I say he should have been Kurt? He should be closer to as well known for influencing music.

How old are you?

In the 90s we had pantera, Dre, the breeders, biohazard, pharcyde, and led zeppelin CDs in the same section of our CD case. I don’t think you know...
This is exactly how it was in the 90s. It started with MTV where you would see metal videos followed by rap followed by alternative or pop or more conventional rock bands. When I think about 90s music I always think about the big festiviles like Lalapalooza that had all kinds of differnt bands. Also lots of genre crossovers. This is probably taken for granted nowadays but it was a new idea back then.

This is exactly how it was in the 90s. It started with MTV where you would see metal videos followed by rap followed by alternative or pop or more conventional rock bands. When I think about 90s music I always think about the big festiviles like Lalapalooza that had all kinds of differnt bands. Also lots of genre crossovers. This is probably taken for granted nowadays but it was a new idea back then.

The people that weren’t there really don’t know, and it’s sad but ok.

out of likes

‘What I got’ is a far better mainstream anthem for the 90s than fkn teen spirit. They play what I got during breaks at DTE music theatre and everybody sings along.. Everybody would just roll their eyes at teen spirit lol

The jukebox is not a hit.. But wtevr.

Neither of those bands were alternative in a true sense.

Bands like Green Jelly, The Smalls, Helmet, The Pixies, Dayglo Abortions, Butthole Surfers were.

Where did I say he should have been Kurt? He should be closer to as well known for influencing music.

Dunno if either of them were that influential really. Well Nirvana probably were, but most of the stuff they influenced like Bush, Creed, Niceklback, Puddle of Mudd etc wasn't very good.

Radiohead is probably the most influential band of the 90's in terms of impacting what followed.

Neither of those bands were alternative in a true sense.

Bands like Green Jelly, The Smalls, Helmet, The Pixies, Dayglo Abortions, Butthole Surfers were.
We just put all rock that wasn’t heavy metal into alternative music. In the later 90s ska got so ska that it branched off.

Back