Brady > Belichick ?

Bill is a defense guy, he has little to nothing to do with the offense. Brady proved he can win somewhere else, he's not just a system QB.

The Pats had like 10 starters opt out of the season and have piled up injuries. Their issues go much deeper than QB.

It’s taking Brady playing with an All Star team offensively to get to the Wild Card. Good for him, I guess.

Isn't this why Bill wanted to Keep Jimmy Garapolo (sp?)?

The Pats had like 10 starters opt out of the season and have piled up injuries. Their issues go much deeper than QB.

It’s taking Brady playing with an All Star team offensively to get to the Wild Card. Good for him, I guess.
56553a20d6d91bf7bdcd2994dc1cc5c953cd8087b05a7210d7ab1dc9d2f353ff.jpg

Brady isn't just a system QB, but you put any of the great QB's of our era on that team and they win 6+ rings. You really think Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Manning, Warner, or hell even Romo couldn't have worked wonders with those defenses and that coaching crew.

GOAT get thrown around a lot, but IMO Belicheat is the single greatest coach in the history of the game.

Brady isn't just a system QB, but you put any of the great QB's of our era on that team and they win 6+ rings. You really think Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Manning, Warner, or hell even Romo couldn't have worked wonders with those defenses and that coaching crew.

GOAT get thrown around a lot, but IMO Belicheat is the single greatest coach in the history of the game.

that's beyond ridiculous... Belichick with Romo would have been about as successful as Jason Garrett

delusional to the nth degree

All the usual excuses from the bitter-from-getting-bounced-by-Brady-bandwagon.

None of the other great QBs do it without stacked teams, either. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brees, and Big Ben all have Top 5 value-adjusted defenses backing up their offenses. Rodgers and Brees have two of the best RBs in the league (and that's when Kamara isn't catching the ball). In fact, if you remove the QB's rushing yards from the team's total, they both enjoy top 5 rushing offenses. They also have the two best offensive lines in the league. Mahomes has the best TE in the league-- locking horns with Kittle (when healthy) to smash all the position's seasonal records. Then he's got Tyreek. Rodgers is throwing to Davante. Michael Thomas has been phenomenal in every game he's played, and Brees has Taysom jumping in to throw off defenses.

Take these things away, and what did Rodgers or Brees produce? Losing seasons. Brady won no matter what.

Rodgers surely benefitted from top defenses year in and year out, it's what the Packers are known for.

that's beyond ridiculous... Belichick with Romo would have been about as successful as Jason Garrett

delusional to the nth degree

Romo was succesful despite having Jason Garrett or Wade Phillips. Maybe that was a reach, we'll never know, but the point still stands

Last edited:
All the usual excuses from the bitter-from-getting-bounced-by-Brady-bandwagon.

None of the other great QBs do it without stacked teams, either. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brees, and Big Ben all have Top 5 value-adjusted defenses backing up their offenses. Rodgers and Brees have two of the best RBs in the league (and that's when Kamara isn't catching the ball). In fact, if you remove the QB's rushing yards from the team's total, they both enjoy top 5 rushing offenses. They also have the two best offensive lines in the league. Mahomes has the best TE in the league-- locking horns with Kittle (when healthy) to smash all the position's seasonal records. Then he's got Tyreek. Rodgers is throwing to Davante. Michael Thomas has been phenomenal in every game he's played, and Brees has Taysom jumping in to throw off defenses.

Take these things away, and what did Rodgers or Brees produce? Losing seasons. Brady won no matter what.

No one is saying Brady is a bum, in fact most of the SB seasons he was clearly also the MVP. But when Matt Cassel can put together a double digit win season, or a busted Cam Newton and half a team sat out can put them within spitting distance of .500 in the same year their franchise QB left, Belicheat clearly is running a tight ship. I expect him to take a few seasons to reload and the make another run with some new diamond he has unearthed that no one has heard of.

Last edited:
Bill before and after: 57-74
Brady after Bill: 10-5

At this point, anyone who says Brady is/was a system quarterback has got to be mentally ill.
Gosh darn it why didn't I see this within the 24 hours we beat Pats?

Tom is playing next year and maybe the year after correct? Let's wait and see. Usually when a bitter older qb leaves he has a great first season then it's the following season where his old team rebounds and looks smart for letting them go when they did. Montana's first year with the chiefs they went to the afc championship but lost in wildcard the next year while the 49ers win it all. Brett's first year with the vikings was mvp like but they lost in the nfc championship. While green bay struggles that first year. Next year? Brett sucks and green bay wins it all.
It's easier for a veteran qb to go to another team and have shirt term success while his old team has a bit of an adjustment period.
I'm not saying brady will suck next year and the Patriots will win it all but I'd give bill at least another year before we judge. Brady might win this battle, but let's see who wins the war.
With that said, I actually have the bucs as my dark horse nfc team. Meanwhile I have no damn clue what bill is going to do at qb. I'm guessing trade for Jimmy or take a shot at Dwayne Haskins.

It's a new team that went 7-9 last year with those same weapons and hasn't made the playoffs in over a decade, but sure, you keep talking stupid shit.

Back