Brady > Belichick ?

Noll, Brown, Walsh, Lombardi and Shula are all better

Bill is fighting for the next spot with Landry
Sorry I apologize I forgot about that legendary title run Shula had with Marino. You are right.

My opinion is split cause the Patriots basically had 2 separate dynasties.

In the first part Belichick(and Vinitieri for obv reasons)) cause Brady wasn't that good pre 2007 even in 2007 Bill's the one who got Randy Moss when he was allegedly washed up. Belichick also did draft Brady so there's that.

Second part Brady. Brady was elite year in and year out and Belichick cost them that super bowl where Brady threw for 500 fucking yards by sitting Malcolm Butler. His drafting was also kind of terrible. In hindsight that last Super Bowl the Pats won Brady was working with very little and it's a fucking miracle they even got there never mind won. Should have lost to the Chiefs if not for the coin flip and Brady's the one who ended the game otherwise Mahomes gets the ball back and they screwed.

Noll, Brown, Walsh, Lombardi and Shula are all better

Bill is fighting for the next spot with Landry and maybe Halas

Lombardi, Paul Brown and Bill Belichick are all on the Mount Rushmore of NFL coaches.

Of the remaining coaches, I would probably give Walsh the nod. His iteration of the new "West Coast Offense" was hugely influential. 3 SB titles and he was really the architect of the 49ers 15 year run of 5 titles. Joe Gibbs is in the conversation with the Nolls, Shulas, Landrys and Halas, 4 SB appearances, 3 SB titles with 3 different QBs.

Belichick could probably get in the NFL HOF just for legendary run as DC for the Giants and later the Pats. He was the architect of a defense that frequently frustrated the 49ers. He was also the genius of the scheme to shut down the Buffalo Bills, which itself is in the NFL HOF. Soon as he joined the pats as Assistant HC, they immediately made it to the SB. 9 SB appearances as HC, 6 rings, 3 SB appearances as DC 2 rings. He has 8 rings!

No way you can put Walsh, Noll or Shula ahead of him. There may be an argument for Brown or Lombardi, but I don't think any hold much water.

It has suddenly become hip to knock BB and as much credit as Brady deserves, Brady does not become the player he is without the greatest strategic mind the sport has ever seen.

Lombardi, Paul Brown and Bill Belichick are all on the Mount Rushmore of NFL coaches.

Of the remaining coaches, I would probably give Walsh the nod. His iteration of the new "West Coast Offense" was hugely influential. 3 SB titles and he was really the architect of the 49ers 15 year run of 5 titles. Joe Gibbs is in the conversation with the Nolls, Shulas, Landrys and Halas, 4 SB appearances, 3 SB titles with 3 different QBs.

Belichick could probably get in the NFL HOF just for legendary run as DC for the Giants and later the Pats. He was the architect of a defense that frequently frustrated the 49ers. He was also the genius of the scheme to shut down the Buffalo Bills, which itself is in the NFL HOF. Soon as he joined the pats as Assistant HC, they immediately made it to the SB. 9 SB appearances as HC, 6 rings, 3 SB appearances as DC 2 rings. He has 8 rings!

No way you can put Walsh, Noll or Shula ahead of him. There may be an argument for Brown or Lombardi, but I don't think any hold much water.

It has suddenly become hip to knock BB and as much credit as Brady deserves, Brady does not become the player he is without the greatest strategic mind the sport has ever seen.

Yea anyone arguing that Belichick is anything other then the greatest coach in football history and one of the greatest coaches in any sport period is just being irrational. However, anyone still arguing that Brady is a system QB and would not have been anything without Belichick is being equally irrational. And I agree that Brady does not become the player he is without Bill, the greatest coach ever, however, ti goes both ways as Bill does not become the coach he is without Brady the greatest QB ever.

Sorry I apologize I forgot about that legendary title run Shula had with Marino. You are right.

Shula had MUCH more success before Marino than after. An undefeated season and championship followed by another one and 5 SB appearances (68, 71,72C,73C, 82) before he ever drafted Marino (5 in 14 years). He was a big run the ball down your throat and great defense guy and was all about Football fundamentals; block and tackle.

After he drafted Marino, one SB appearance (84)(1 in 12). He tried to change the scheme to accommodate Marino's skillset. Marino put up big numbers, but that vertical offense Does NOT win championships.

Tom Brady keeps winning sold his properties in New York and Massachusetts for a combined 63 million dollars and made around 15 million on the sale all within the last month. He's moving to Florida it seems I guess they are keeping him around another year at least.

Give Bellicheat the same roster Tampa Bay has and just replace Brady with Cam Newton

Give Brady the same roster as NE just replace Bellicheat with Arians

Bellicheat would be 15-1 and far an away the superbowl favorites next week.................. and Brady would be maybe 2-14 with New England.

Brady must be really good to immediately take his new team to the World Series.

players in this sport do what coach tels him. players in nfl stand around more then they play so call study plays so call run the plays have 500 pages book lol i mean what is this dvm test see pictograms and tell who has right of way/first read second or third lol . of course it is coach

All the usual excuses from the bitter-from-getting-bounced-by-Brady-bandwagon.

None of the other great QBs do it without stacked teams, either. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brees, and Big Ben all have Top 5 value-adjusted defenses backing up their offenses. Rodgers and Brees have two of the best RBs in the league (and that's when Kamara isn't catching the ball). In fact, if you remove the QB's rushing yards from the team's total, they both enjoy top 5 rushing offenses. They also have the two best offensive lines in the league. Mahomes has the best TE in the league-- locking horns with Kittle (when healthy) to smash all the position's seasonal records. Then he's got Tyreek. Rodgers is throwing to Davante. Michael Thomas has been phenomenal in every game he's played, and Brees has Taysom jumping in to throw off defenses.

Take these things away, and what did Rodgers or Brees produce? Losing seasons. Brady won no matter what.
He plays in a soft era. Let then bring back those old school rules where someone picks him up after a play and slams him down on his head an no flags are thrown.
Or the days when you didnt have to see a lineman slow down to make sure just in case he gets rid of the ball, he doesnt hit him. When that happens, the game is ruined forever. And that's been the last 10 years. Cant even jam a receiver anymore. Cant take your helmet and aim right at his fuckin chin.
Footballs not the same game. Need to leave the rules alone and stop trying to make it arena football for ratings.

He plays in a soft era. Let then bring back those old school rules where someone picks him up after a play and slams him down on his head an no flags are thrown.
Or the days when you didnt have to see a lineman slow down to make sure just in case he gets rid of the ball, he doesnt hit him. When that happens, the game is ruined forever. And that's been the last 10 years. Cant even jam a receiver anymore. Cant take your helmet and aim right at his fuckin chin.
Footballs not the same game. Need to leave the rules alone and stop trying to make it arena football for ratings.
Preaching to the choir about this.

They're doing it because of what we've learned about head injuries, and because the average players are so goddamn big, strong, and fast it's exacerbated the problem. Still, it makes it impossible to compare eras. The NFL has been no different than every other major sports league in creating rule changes that favor the offense in every possible way.

Offense sells tickets. Time is an ever-tightening vise for defenses due to the profit motive.

71235f548f9b1458a5cba646ac09e2b9.gif

Give Bellicheat the same roster Tampa Bay has and just replace Brady with Cam Newton

Give Brady the same roster as NE just replace Bellicheat with Arians

Bellicheat would be 15-1 and far an away the superbowl favorites next week.................. and Brady would be maybe 2-14 with New England.
The Patriot's offensive line finished as PFF's #4 ranked line in the league this year after the regular season (ahead of the #5 Bucs, and well behind the Packer's #2).

Brady would have won a ring with that, too.

Stop the beating, the haters are already dead.

Back