Branko Cikatic: Mike Bernardo had AIDS

The bad boy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.tportal.hr/sport/clanak/cikatic-bernardo-je-bio-u-depresiji-zbog-teske-bolesti-20120215

https://translate.google.com/transl...resiji-zbog-teske-bolesti-20120215&edit-text=

You must be in shock after the end of this one sports career?

Of course I'm in shock, but I must admit that I'm not surprised. I know he was depressed, I was told some of his close people, friends and coaches that he had AIDS, to retreat into himself, he did not want to have any contacts lately. As they told me, when he learned of the illness, withdrew from the world of fighting. Obviously it's all very affected.

Did the religious Bernardo really get AIDS? Or Is Branko trolling us? He did lose to him in his last GP appearance due to a shitty headbutt cut.

long known.

and what has being religious to do with AIDS?

long known.

and what has being religious to do with AIDS?

TS is probably another uneducated guy who thinks you can only get AIDS from being gay or shooting drugs...

I was married to Mike Barnardo... there is so so much people just don't know
Well you have the floor if you are willing to share. If it's all negative then probably best left alone IMO since he's no longer here, unless you think there is a lesson is to be learned from it.

I'd be interested in hearing the perspective of a wife watching their husband fight in the golden era of HW Kickboxing. Must be tough with all of the knockouts.

Last edited:
This just got interesting. I assume you don't wish to speak about it all. RIP to Bernardo either way.

Well you have the floor if you are willing to share. If it's all negative then probably best left alone IMO since he's no longer here, unless you think there is a lesson is to be learned from it.

I'd be interested in hearing the perspective of a wife watching their husband fight in the golden era of HW Kickboxing. Must be tough with all of the knockouts.
I was married to Mike for under a year in 1999-2000. He was a great guy and incredible fighter but a tormented soul. I hold no hate or animosity towards him but to clear it up, he contracted HIV which is why he had to retire. He was obviously devastated by this and tried so hard to turn his life around and do some good by becoming a therapist etc but at the end of the day I believe he just couldn't fight his demons and made the decision to exit this earth. A very sad story indeed and wish it had worked out differently for everyone. I so wanted to have kids and a family but that was just not on the cards for me. I was totally broken after my divorce but it was really the only option. Mike and I became friends again in 2011 when he attempted suicide and I managed to get him to safety. We chatted a lot during that last year and my heart breaks for him. I think in today's day, things may have been for him. Anyway... that is the tip of the iceberg but may he rest in peace. Beshara

Wow didn't know that. Shocking numbers!
Yeah, and in some communities 60% of the women have HIV. Also 4000-5000 South Africans are infected every week. One-third are adolescent or young women (age 15-24). The truth is their population is also growing big.

It affects mostly Southern Africa, and not only South Africa.

They say the virus can only be transmitted through birth, sex or blood. Shit happened in Eastern Europe too with the needles in Communism! And in Western Europe now it is the cause of gay practices, sometimes of drug addicts.

Basically you can be infected through tattooing, manicure, shaving, etc. As well. Not just injections and even the smallest surgeries/interventions.

Yeah, and in some communities 60% of the women have HIV. Also 4000-5000 South Africans are infected every week. One-third are adolescent or young women (age 15-24). The truth is their population is also growing big.

It affects mostly Southern Africa, and not only South Africa.

They say the virus can only be transmitted through birth, sex or blood. Shit happened in Eastern Europe too with the needles in Communism! And in Western Europe now it is the cause of gay practices, sometimes of drug addicts.

Basically you can be infected through tattooing, manicure, shaving, etc. As well. Not just injections and even the smallest surgeries/interventions.
ya, so anal sex and needles are the bulk of it...

Lots of scary stats come out of South Africa, hard to imagine it was part of the British Empire for a good while.

I was married to Mike for under a year in 1999-2000. He was a great guy and incredible fighter but a tormented soul. I hold no hate or animosity towards him but to clear it up, he contracted HIV which is why he had to retire. He was obviously devastated by this and tried so hard to turn his life around and do some good by becoming a therapist etc but at the end of the day I believe he just couldn't fight his demons and made the decision to exit this earth. A very sad story indeed and wish it had worked out differently for everyone. I so wanted to have kids and a family but that was just not on the cards for me. I was totally broken after my divorce but it was really the only option. Mike and I became friends again in 2011 when he attempted suicide and I managed to get him to safety. We chatted a lot during that last year and my heart breaks for him. I think in today's day, things may have been for him. Anyway... that is the tip of the iceberg but may he rest in peace. Beshara
Thanks for sharing.

ya, so anal sex and needles are the bulk of it...
there are some areas like South Africa where it’s so endemic that you start having a decent chance of getting it just through things like straight sex or in the past blood transfusions.

Back